Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that a custom snout or a modified v8 20 inch mid? Looks great.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just drove past it yesterday by boat, i'm friends w/ a couple of guys there, they still do quite a bit of testing there, every once in a while you'll see their twin engine test boat out running, and the police boats use their engines here
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Love View Post
    It was fun if somebody can start the history of this site.. Is like Lake X
    No comparison at all.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    No comparison at all.
    Hehe..no it is not..because the Ralph Evinrude Test Center is still around..!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any info?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charlie, thats gotta be the boat I always see running up and down the river. Its like an old Chris Craft with twin E Tecs. I would see that thing back and forth all day.......man I was always wondering what he did and how I get that job. awesome!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent ALOT of time there........man those were the days.........and some of them I dont remember

WET PICKLE RACING

The "UNracerxOFFICIAL"
    Home of the fastest Emission Outboard
    Motors on the planet

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent a good amount of time there in the late 80s when I worked for OMC stern drive and late 90s while I was at the Lakefront.

There used to be a small house on the property where employees could stay.
    Lots of good restaurants and always gained weight on those trips.

You said it, E-tec, some good memories. I really didn't want to go there at the time.
    I had a young family and so much going on, but now really miss the job and the people.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorillapowered View Post
    Charlie, thats gotta be the boat I always see running up and down the river. Its like an old Chris Craft with twin E Tecs. I would see that thing back and forth all day.......man I was always wondering what he did and how I get that job. awesome!
    i'm sure that job gets old like anything else, getting beat up in the boat every day and being in the sun, the first couple of weeks probably would be fun though!
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrsr View Post
    i'm sure that job gets old like anything else, getting beat up in the boat every day and being in the sun, the first couple of weeks probably would be fun though!
    One of the magazines did a story about the Merc drivers and Charlie is right. Guys were making like $8. per hr (5 or so yrs ago) and were on the water all day every day no matter conditions.
    Try that down here mid August! By the end of the story no one wanted to be them
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Evinrude Test Center in Stuart tested most Marine products build by OMC and now BRP..if there was an Evinrude bicycles made or not I don't now..but if it was.. I think it must have been pretty fast..!!!
    Last edited by lars strom; 01-18-2012 at 09:17 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any pictures from your time at the test center to share? I would love to see test boats with v8s.

Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I remember 40 years ago we use to vacation in Jensen Beach and a movie star by the name of Francis Langford had a resturant and married Mr. Evinrude. He had a big yacht at the resturant and my dad got us a tour of it. Had a line of litte Evinrude motors on the upper deck. Thats how I remember it. Looking to move down there for the winter months.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vnemous View Post
    I remember 40 years ago we use to vacation in Jensen Beach and a movie star by the name of Francis Langford had a resturant and married Mr. Evinrude. He had a big yacht at the resturant and my dad got us a tour of it. Had a line of litte Evinrude motors on the upper deck. Thats how I remember it. Looking to move down there for the winter months.
    Yup. It was called "Francis Langford's OutRigger Resort". Pretty remote of a location back then, & really nothing much to brag about, especially by todays standards. The food was o.k. Back then, that boat would have been the first of Ralph's yachts named the "Chanticleer". Dark blue hull, 118' x 18' Defoe Cruisemaster. I used to meet Ralph every year when his plane came in, at Detroit "City" airport & talk shop, sitting on his plane, while we ate peanuts & ginger ale, which he liked. I would take him to the Chanticleer at Gregory Boat Company/Detroit Boat Basin & set him up to continue his trip up the North Channel to Georgian Bay, which he did each & every year. When he died, Francis sold the Defoe(which he owned for decades), & bought a newer 108' Burger, painted the hull sides dark blue, and named it..."Chanticleer ll". The resort is still there, sort of in its original old state. It was part of a 400 acre piece of property that she owned there, on the Indian River. She donated most of it to a local charity when she died.
    Last edited by FUJIMO; 01-26-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    Yup. It was called "Francis Langford's OutRigger Resort". Pretty remote of a location back then, & really nothing much to brag about, especially by todays standards. The food was o.k. Back then, that boat would have been the first of Ralph's yachts named the "Chanticleer". Dark blue hull, 118' x 18' Defoe Cruisemaster. I used to meet Ralph every year when his plane came in, at Detroit "City" airport & talk shop, sitting on his plane, while we ate peanuts & ginger ale, which he liked. I would take him to the Chanticleer at Gregory Boat Company/Detroit Boat Basin & set him up to continue his trip up the North Channel to Georgian Bay, which he did each & every year. When he died, Francis sold the Defoe(which he owned for decades), & bought a newer 108' Burger, painted the hull sides dark blue, and named it..."Chanticleer ll". The resort is still there, sort of in its original old state. It was part of a 400 acre piece of property that she owned there, on the Indian River. She donated most of it to a local charity when she died.
    Wow somebody have some pics of the 2 Chantecleer and Ralph plane awesome yes, nice story!!!!!!!! JP love
    Go boating,be happy!! And wear safety vest please!! And lesson good music...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c5oHITTI8c

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast