Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what to use to bring out original gel-coat color??

i have my 22' avance for about month or so now. The last owner had some stickers across the sides of the boat they were flames, he took it off before i bought the boat. but now you see the differance is color and alot of spots on the boat you see the color fadded more than others ..this is on a orange boat and it doesnt look nice with the faddded spots ..whats the best thing i can use to bring it back to life???

Have lived and worked in New Zealand ,Tahiti,Australia,Japan , south Korea, And now Suzhou in China
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan2214 View Post
    i have my 22' avance for about month or so now. The last owner had some stickers across the sides of the boat they were flames, he took it off before i bought the boat. but now you see the differance is color and alot of spots on the boat you see the color fadded more than others ..this is on a orange boat and it doesnt look nice with the faddded spots ..whats the best thing i can use to bring it back to life???
    Repaint it with 2 pot urethane !
    Quick simple and easy !!
    Cheaper in the long run as well !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aqua Buff!!!!

Aqua Buff will do wonders to gel coat. If it is real bad you need to use Aqua Buff 1000 first, then use Aqua Buff 2000. If that doesn't fix the problem, you might have to use 600 grit wet sandpaper first, then do the above steps. With the Aqua Buff you will need to use an electric high speed polisher(not a random-orbital). If your problem is not too severe, I've had a lot of success just using the Aqua Buff 2000 right off the bat. Good luck!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I,m with Aqua on that one as well then a good coat of wax at the end of the process

Have lived and worked in New Zealand ,Tahiti,Australia,Japan , south Korea, And now Suzhou in China
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    By the time you buy all kinds of polishes and buffing compound and the time spent , add them all together and look at the cost !!
    A repaint of the topside of the hull onyl will be far better than all the other things , plus in a few months the color differance will stand out again as the sun fades the polishs etc and you will always have that mark that wont go away !!
    PAINT IT !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same problem on my boat the PO put an auburn sticker on the console . I waxed buffed wet sanded and I can still see it. I'm hoping with time it will fade out. Paint is a definate possibility.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by prolinews View Post
    I have the same problem on my boat the PO put an auburn sticker on the console . I waxed buffed wet sanded and I can still see it. I'm hoping with time it will fade out. Paint is a definate possibility.
    Its a ageing process so it will always show as being differant no matter how good you think you have it matched , Either paint it or put vinyl stickers over it .