Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sunk

I'm hopin somebody may have experience with this. After fighting for my life twice battling two types of cancer I decided it was time to live life to the fullest. So I went out and bought my first performance boat. It's a 2005 21ft step skier with set back jet by legend powered by a 8.1 L vortec motor pushin close to 400 HP. At the river the other weekend I woke up an my boat was floatin funny bow up and swimstep deeper than usual.tOt turned out it was full of water to the deck. There are no signs of hitting anything. When we pulled it out there was crack in the hull coming off the drive on the lower left. Now I'm no expert but what could cause that besides torque from the extended drive. Is this a hull warranty thing or do I make an insurance claim. It has been brought to my attention that the boat builders that manufactured that hull are both gone. So what do I do next.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first is get the motor dried out and running,then take the boat to a glass shop and let them evaluate it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would recomend a pump brace, for any set back jet drive. Your likely stressing the hull where the bedding epoxy, bonds the aluminum to the fiberglass. See if the water comes out of that area, once it's on the trailer, it's common to see the intake / hull joint crack, It's not the area that seals the hull, the beeding on the inside does that. So check it on the trailer and see where it comes back out from. Also check the packing gland on the pump shaft, this is a common leak source too, the packing may need adjustment, or replacement.
    79 Southwind Tunnel Dragster 540ci BBC

UMPBA 926 Gas Jet

My Projects http://s200.photobucket.com/user/Dir...?sort=3&page=1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sleekcrafter View Post
    I would recomend a pump brace, for any set back jet drive. Your likely stressing the hull where the bedding epoxy, bonds the aluminum to the fiberglass. See if the water comes out of that area, once it's on the trailer, it's common to see the intake / hull joint crack, It's not the area that seals the hull, the beeding on the inside does that. So check it on the trailer and see where it comes back out from. Also check the packing gland on the pump shaft, this is a common leak source too, the packing may need adjustment, or replacement.
    im with sleekcrafter
    damn the bad luck

liberty indiana