Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are the 4 blade aluminum Quicksilver props any good?

Wanting to attempt 6, possibly 8 skiers behind the boat. Smallest pitch I have is a 25" Trophy Plus. That did 4 skiers with no problem, but I know I need to go down in pitch to pull this off. Do the 4 blade aluminum props from Quicksilver have enough cup to get a decent bite, like I need for this stunt? I can drop the motor way down so the prop will be fairly deep and I have 19 degrees of negative tuck between the transom and the jackplate. Since I'll only use the prop a few times and/or use it as a spare I was just wondering if it might be worth saving the extra $$ instead of another Trophy or High Five.
    Ron V

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I presume you are only going about 30mph I would go with 17 or 15p and 15inch diameter. With the 15 diameter the prop will have some big blade area to grab.
    Checkmate 2002 Convincor 270 496 MAG-HO

2003 Cougar 22MTR w/300xs SOLD
    90 21Skater w/300xs - sold
    98 STV Euroski w/280 - sold

2006 Trailblazer SS 6.0l 395hp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW..you pulled up 4 skiers with 150hp and a 25" Trophy? That motor must have some grunt! I run the same prop on my Vegas w/ 200hp, and even though it will pull up a wakeboarder easy as can be, I can't even imagine pulling up 4 of them!

Those Trophys work great..I'm amazed at mine every time I try another prop, and I still go back to the Trophy. Too bad you can't get ahold of a 21 Trophy...that would be perfect I would think.
    Ian

...boatless for now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a 21" Trophy would work good too...I'm sure it would be sticky enough. Just wasn't sure if the aluminum might be worth a shot?

It was actually 3 skiers and one wakeboarder. We went from a deepwater start too. The motor just kind of grunted for a couple seconds, and then they were up. Two of the ropes were off the stern eyes, and two were off the pylon. I'm pretty confident that 8 will be possible with the right prop, all ropes off the stern eyes, and 100-200 lbs of ballast under the front deck.

Here's the pic...they are all passing a can of Busch from skier to skier.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4 skiers with beer.jpg  
    Ron V