Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bobs Machine Shop Stabilzer Plate

I posyed this on another thread but thought I would ask in a separate thread.

I saw an older Checkmate with a Bob's Machine shop aluminum hydrofoil for the cavitation plate.
    Do these help at all with lift and top end? Would they make the steering worse at high speeds?

I thought this would be a cheap alternative and test to get more lift and hopefully speed for the boat.

I know ultimately the answer will be more horsepower.
    <!-- / message -->

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about more lift - it would depend on type of hull, how low in the water you're running your gear case & what your trim angle is when running.

I've got one that I ran on my HST -definielty helped shoot it out of the hole and get on plane quick.
    Boatless as of right now

I don't suffer from insanity - I'm enjoying every minute of it!

My wife says I'm obsessing over this boat thing, but I tell her EVERY day after I'm on this website for hours - I'm NOT OBSESSING!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are supposed to be out of the water at speed and have no effect on top end. If they are in the water, they slow the boat down.

Great for getting on a plane.

At least that's my experience.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Allison one it is a bit smaller I think? I love mine. One day while changing the impeller I thought I would go test the impeller to see if the temp and presure were all good before I put it back on. {you have to un bolt it to get at the zink bolt when slipping the gearcase out.} Anyway all was good so put it back on after a good 2hour tear at the lake beside me. I noticed with it off the trim wasnt as responsive and felt slower to react. I also noticed the hole shot was differant in a not happy way than I was used to. So after I put it back on I went back to the lake to try everything again and finish the day out. Ill tell I loved the way she came out compared to with out. The trim at speed was more persice. I think this is because the water gets a bigger deflection off the plate? Back to Back testing there was conclusive for me to always run with the Plate. It realy does make a differance in a possitve way on my hull.