Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Jetboats

new to this site, never joined a forum befor. i have a 1981 HASKELL hull 17.5 i belive] 460BB and a PANTHER PUMP. i grew up with our familt boat being ADVANTAGE jet.. so far the boats do not compare. i am a sponge right now with boating, this is MY first boat and i want all the info i can get. ive heard bad things about the pump, boat seemed to run great after oil,sprk, change now it seems tired. jus putting this out there. i dont know if i wana throw money at this or look for a advantage bubble deck. somone told me that there is a following of haskell boats because they do not make them anymore..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a father and son team, George and Danny Haskell, who built jet boats in the San Fernando Valley in the mid 1970s through the early 80s. Not a bad boat, performed well, was in the mid to lower price range for jet boats at that time. The man behind the Panther Jet was Ken Baker (of Sidewinder Boats fame). The Panther is an axial flow style pump as contrasted to the mixed flow style of the Berkeley and the Jacuzzi of that era. Because it was an axial flow type, the Panther was a little better on low and mid-range efficiency. Gave up a little on the top end, however, to the Berks and Jacuzzis. If you're satisfied with a nice handling low to mid 50 mph jet, the Haskell ought to be fine.