Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to write tech for HOTBOAT for the last 3-4 years in business, also the Jet Tech column for the last year or so too. We need a grassroots mag like the hotrod mag deal for boats. I always told the powers that be, that jet boats were the "new 68 camaro/65 Mustang",but my words fell on deaf ears. I tried to have them get Summit/Jegs, Mallory(BIG line of Marine products, but few people know about it), on board as advertisers, but the management never followed through on it. I am in the process of assembling knowledge to disc format for sale reasonably priced, as my contacts with the publishing industry says that there is no market there for any boat tech books. I have the knowledge and experience with engines, drives(including jets,my favorite), trailers, and fiberglass, but am having a difficult time running my engine/boat business and doing the disc thing too. Some of the old Hotboat subscribers please reread my past articles and post some ideas. 1TIMINATOR P.S. the OLDS tech and pump building articles were the most popular.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by milpitasjet View Post
    Hi, im new to this forum and i have a 79 sanger superjet. Ive been going boating since i can remember and acouple weeks ago i was at the lake without my boat. I was sitting there wishing i could just relax and read a magazine about boats like mine, but theres really nothing out there like it. So im starting a super small (8-12 page) mag about every day boaters with every day problems. what i need from you guys is feed back on it, like what would you like to see in it ect. So please be kind. Also this isnt a money making adventure. Its pretty much non profit to me im just doing it for the love of our sport. It will feature jets v drives and some outboards. let me know. thanks one more thing, would you subscibe?
    Anything new on this deal?..............I would subscribe in a second. I miss opening the mailbox and seeing a fresh Hotboat that got read cover to cover.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Milpitasjet. I remember you and I discussed this a while back and I completly missed this thread until this morning.
    I agree with Timinator, there are other advertisers out there such as Jegs & Summit that rarly tap into this market that could be talked into getting on board with you. Especially with the economy the way it is now. I am sure they would love to sell to as many new customers as they could weather it be boats or cars.
    I would subscribe but make sure you dont get locked in on one geographical location covering the sport. Keep it nation wide and have a international section. I do see a few guys on here outside of the US. GOOD LUCK!
    I'm onboard.

John Hice Owner, Gulf Coast Marine Service, Inc.
    Panama City Beach, Fl. 850-258-4423

Photo History of project "Drag"N"Fever" At This Link.
    http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...d.php?t=167460
    Ultimate Turbine Warlock, "Johnny Rocket Special"
    https://www.screamandfly.com/showthr...arlock-Project
    Festivals Of Speed Video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVatsUmjUrs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it had tech articles, some definition explanations and is more of a grassroots style layout I am totally in. Articles that discuss the pros and cons of wood vs foam, how to's, fiberglass thickness and weave, as well as some of the latest trends would be exciting to read. I'm just starting out and at this point, I can use all the knowledge I can absorb!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might not have to wait long. I hear there's a possibility of some new reading material coming on the market soon -- like in 30 days or less.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might not have to wait long. I hear there's a possibility of some new reading material coming on the market soon -- like in 30 days or less.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ I'm hoping you post details when it arrives.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something new is coming -- Monday, November 16! Just for V-Drives, Jets and Outboards. Watch for a post!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMINATOR View Post
    I used to write tech for HOTBOAT for the last 3-4 years in business, also the Jet Tech column for the last year or so too. We need a grassroots mag like the hotrod mag deal for boats. I always told the powers that be, that jet boats were the "new 68 camaro/65 Mustang",but my words fell on deaf ears. I tried to have them get Summit/Jegs, Mallory(BIG line of Marine products, but few people know about it), on board as advertisers, but the management never followed through on it. I am in the process of assembling knowledge to disc format for sale reasonably priced, as my contacts with the publishing industry says that there is no market there for any boat tech books. I have the knowledge and experience with engines, drives(including jets,my favorite), trailers, and fiberglass, but am having a difficult time running my engine/boat business and doing the disc thing too. Some of the old Hotboat subscribers please reread my past articles and post some ideas. 1TIMINATOR P.S. the OLDS tech and pump building articles were the most popular.
    The last few years of Hot Boat were there to please advertisers. 12 months of the same boat with different colors on Havasu as if that were the only body of water in the US. Like Playboy, same blond with a tweak over and over. No offense to new boat owners but $80,000.00 and 63MPH is not a Hot Boat to me and probably most others. Now that the home equity buyers are out of the picture true Hot Boaters will again be the grass roots folks. I see a problem with our segment though as we tend to be thrifty and do our own work and that did not fit the Hot Boat criteria. If something new is tried again we as a group need to support it financially to get it going, count me in.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me know if this is what all of you kind of had in mind -- Classic Custom Boats is an all-new bi-monthly online magazine devoted to V-drives, Jets and Outboards from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s. The premiere issue is posted for complimentary viewing. Let me know what you think! Just log on to www.classiccustomboats.com.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Don't forget about us everyone - I always welcome your suggestions. That's why I'm here all the time. Also, you can submit your high resolution images to be considered for Boat OF The Month!

Greg

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where do you register or vote for the boat of the month? I have looked all over this thing so I must be blind.

John Hice Owner, Gulf Coast Marine Service, Inc.
    Panama City Beach, Fl. 850-258-4423

Photo History of project "Drag"N"Fever" At This Link.
    http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...d.php?t=167460
    Ultimate Turbine Warlock, "Johnny Rocket Special"
    https://www.screamandfly.com/showthr...arlock-Project
    Festivals Of Speed Video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVatsUmjUrs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2