Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

French Wilson

Just found out last night from a good friend that French had passed away early in the year. I didn't know French very well but did have one great conversation with him will he was in the hospital. He had test drove my little Crithfield for my buddy when he bought it. I know he used to test a lot of the new boats for Allison ( I think ther was apost about him driveing the first ally tunnel) about the same time Benny Robertson was doing the same. Its a big loss when we lose someone withthis much experiance & knowledge. I do know he was still turning wrenches up untill the day he went into the hospital ther are worse ways to go than doing what you love until the end.
    I'm sure there are a lot more people that knew him better lets here some stories.

Frenchy You Will Be Missed Rob

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I know this post is extremely old, but I am brand new to Scream and Fly. French was my grandfather. His 2 sons names are Jeff (my dad) and Mike (my uncle). My dad has been in the marine industry for about 35 years, and I have now had the tradition passed along to me. I miss my grandfather dearly every day. He was a great man, and from what I hear he could drive the hell out of a race boat! I didn't have a whole lot of time, and I was still pretty young when he passed away, so I didn't sit down and listen to the stories that he had about Seebold, and a lot of the other guys he raced with. I have seen a TON of pictures of him and his boat at races, and a lot of "action" shots. If anyone on here remembers my grandfather, please feel free to post something. Thanks for your time and God Bless. Brandon Wilson

3. Likes RogerH liked this post
    Annapolis, MD ragboat capital of the world
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Welcome to Screamandfly, Brandon

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsons Marine View Post
    Hello, I know this post is extremely old, but I am brand new to Scream and Fly. French was my grandfather. His 2 sons names are Jeff (my dad) and Mike (my uncle). My dad has been in the marine industry for about 35 years, and I have now had the tradition passed along to me. I miss my grandfather dearly every day. He was a great man, and from what I hear he could drive the hell out of a race boat! I didn't have a whole lot of time, and I was still pretty young when he passed away, so I didn't sit down and listen to the stories that he had about Seebold, and a lot of the other guys he raced with. I have seen a TON of pictures of him and his boat at races, and a lot of "action" shots. If anyone on here remembers my grandfather, please feel free to post something. Thanks for your time and God Bless. Brandon Wilson
    Brandon, What years did your grandfather race? My dad raced in the midwest for 20 years I know he and your grandpa must have crossed paths. Do you have any pictures you can post?