Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wakeboard boats

This doesn't pertain to any one incident or complaint, but rather the continuous problems and inconveniences that these boats and operators present... These waves and uncourteous operation of these boats have gone far enough... The waves that they consider necessary to their recreation pose a real threat to any smaller craft than the wakeboat itself, not to mention the damage to boats in stalls or someone on the water that is stalled out and can't position themselves for the wave attack.. What can We do to curb this kind of selfesh operation of very "lake upsetting" watercraft... They essentially make the usage of a body of water unusable to any other type of recreation boating or fishing... We all have more complaints than can be written in a day's time, what can We do... They have effectively seized usage of many lakes, this is enough...
    Kevin Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What can we do? If any one comes up with a mini gun, I'll mount it on the front of my Allison.

Same for the big cruisers. Courtesy is a thing of the past.

In meinem geheimen unterirdischen Versteck, USSA
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    If any one comes up with a mini gun

Courtesy is a thing of the past.
    I suggest whippin up some specialty wakeboard mines.

Yep, people suck.
    .......................................................................LETS STORM THE CASTLE BOYS!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most lakes, counties and states have a "Damaging Wake" law. Check into it and then Politely mention it to the Water Cops next time you see them, and give them a couple of examples YOU have seen for yourself... "I nearly got swamped while floating quietly", " My boat was damaged while tied at moorage by a killer wake they generated".

"I flipped my boat at 104 because of a killer wake" probably isn't going to be much help though...

That's basically what others have done to tighten the usage for the fast (and sometimes loud) boats... Squeeky wheel gets the grease, so to speak.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey guys, im on long Island N.Y. i boat on a huge bay that meets the ocean. so i don t think i see any Wakebooard boats? i dont think? I here you guys talkin about balast tanks on them and stuff. Can someone give a quick explanation on what these Wakeboard Boats are? Are they a jet like a waverunner or somethin?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They can fill the tanks, drive the throttles up at 15 mph to push a wake that can literally be surfed on with a short board, and these wakes can sustain across a long distance... Some of the larger wakeboats will leave a wake that cannot be crossed on plane by 15'-20' fishing or performance boats... Your forced to come off plane and still have to pick a careful line through the wakes or You'll take water over the gunnel... One wakeboat that is doing circles in a small area can render a square 1/2 mile useless for anyone else... These wakeboarders couldn't care less about what the non-wakeboarders have to deal with and give no courtesy toward doing this in relatively unpopulated areas... In front of boat launches, in front of lakefront residential docks, coves or around boaters who may be stalled with no power as My Brother can comment on... He was stalled out and trying to get a tow by a Friend when one of the jerk vessels came by within 100' hoopin' hollerin' with the sterio blasting while My My brother was nearly knocked down in His 20' Allison and nearly took the top of a wake over the side rail... They have no regard for anyone else...
    Kevin Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Malibspue

I have a been an avid boat head and very keen waterskier and water ski racer for 30 odd years and for most of that time we have spent considerable time and effort in getting our boats to run more efficiently, being formally educated in physics and having a good understanding in fluid dynamics gave me a "leg up" in many situations in getting boats to "run loose". Basicially a boat runs well aired out and does not leave a mess behiend it. Any serious boat head knows and respects this 101. The inconsiderate selfish ingnorant morans who buy these barge pigs are not boat heads and in many cases are not even waterskiers. Some of them goof around on wake boards but i get the feeling that they are better at listening to the jungle music and drinking cans. Now dont get me figured wrong i do cans and music too but at 52 still barefoot waterski and race the pants of any one who will have go.
    In over 30 years of boating in 3 states of Australia i have had the best time of my life with freinds and family and for that im grateful but in the last 5 years the problerm has become so bad here that the govt have begun to enforce "no wake zones" because of the wake damage to the local envoriment. Great . The morans ruin it all in short order for everyone.
    I proves without doubt on nearly every way yo look at it that these shiv tanks are a huge problerm.
    1/ Huge fuel consumption.
    2/ Masive enviormental damage.
    3/ Saftey issues in a major way.
    4/ Dockside proptery damage that would be hard to quantify.
    5/ Just plain old ruin you day at tne lake with big washes for thoes of us who can actually waterski and appreciate it.

Seems to me they are here to stay and obviously some wakeboarders do fancy tricks on boards which must give them a rush of some kind so the approiate authority's need to get serious here and dedicate area's for use and conditions for use,such as direction of traffic and dedicated areas. Other than that i seriously dont know where this is going to go. A friend of mine owns one and while the bucket is up the wake is not all tha bad so a access all areas thing would be ok if the morans understand the damage they are causing. A lot of this may come down to education and clearly the goons who buy these tubs dont seem to be seasond boaters with years of experience. Maybe just maybeif we can get some basic guidelines on usage and dedicated areas of use we can all get on with it. May be a o'haul of the licencing system to enforce a bit of basic boating and lake ettique. in the mean time get up the fools everytime they piss ya off that way they may get the message and bear in mind that they may well be green to boating and have no clue at all, after all they ended up in a wake boat. Go figure.

have fun and safe boating.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The majority of boats on the lakes around me are wake board boats, next are competition ski boats the last 10% are others, bass boats family cruisers etc.
    Gary

I don't know enough, to leave well enough alone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    having been on the water most of my life my faimly has skiied,fished,gone fast & relaxed .our lake has been overrun with wakeboard boats ,mostly on the weekends, as an avid skiier & owning a mastercraft prostar190 for over 20 years (has no wake at 35mph),we see a lack of common sense with 99% of the wakeboarders,(most of them cant drive or ski) followed by the weekendwally & jetskiiers.when we ski,we ALLWAYS ski in a mannor as not to interfear with anyone ,we can feal your pain, also would like to find a way to reduce this problem.
    LTB OLDGUY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    countdown to the wakethrowing apologists in 3.. 2... 1...
    > Stainless steel Merc cowling plates - $110 shipped TYD - LINK <

1979 16' Action Marine/2.5L Merc S3000 - Metalflake Maniac
    1984 18' Contender Tunnel/2.4 Merc Bridgeport

"Where does the love of God go, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wouldnt be so bad if the goons could ski instead of takeoff,fall, takeoff ,fall: ...over & over & over rolleyes:
    LTB OLDGUY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gary slagle View Post
    wouldnt be so bad if the goons could ski instead of takeoff,fall, takeoff ,fall: ...over & over & over rolleyes:

wouldnt be so bad if they had some common courtesy and did their thing somewhere else. thats not the case tho, they find the closest hangout spot where 15 boats are anchored up or there are houses and docks, and proceed to do circles out in front like someone actually cares about their ignorant ass boats.
    > Stainless steel Merc cowling plates - $110 shipped TYD - LINK <

1979 16' Action Marine/2.5L Merc S3000 - Metalflake Maniac
    1984 18' Contender Tunnel/2.4 Merc Bridgeport

"Where does the love of God go, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, we went to Lake Sinclair on the 4th and everyone knows this lake gets rough on holidays. But it was especially bad this time because of wakeboard boats. They made no effort to find a more remote part of the lake to go. Ran in circles, cutting people off and paying no attention for the rules of the road. The waves were huge and went all over the lake.
    1970 15' Allison/135 Chrysler stacker
    RC Mod-VP Boats

IMPBA District 13
    NAMBA District 3

WASHINGTON N.C.. I TOO HAVE A BOATING PROBLEM
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    So this boat can carry 2400 lbs of water in its tanks.....AND carry 12 PEOPLE????? Thats another 2000 lbs or so.......then some of these boats have a hyd. "wing" that can be lowered into the water at the stern, and this "wing" further drags the boat even deeper into the water....making an even bigger wave.

Ted is right, they make a big enough wave that they can "surf" without a rope.

My river is like a narrow two lane highway, and you can see the boats commin, usually I have to stop and turn the boat sideways, and let it rock side to side, so water wont come over the front.....BUT WAIT......here come THREE MORE.......(no kiddin)

But as soon as you get up and running again, go around the next turn...............there go two more commin my way............

Its even worse trying to pass one..................
    JOHN MASON
    '83/VECTOR/MERC 200-- SOLD
    '98 Quartershot T-3/ MERC 200

"If your not living on the edge, your taking up to much space"

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast