Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cool

1st mike seebold 2nd terry rinker 3rd max toler. AWSOME racing and you can't beat the veiw for 5 bucks. The start dock is the place to be. The 45's put on their usual bump spin and run show with some heated bitchin at the ramp when it was all over. Gordie miller finished 3rd in f2. Had his boat SIDEWAYS half way down the front stretch, but terry rinker had the save of the day when he hooked 3/4 the way down the front stretch and was making great headway at the start boat. it's a good thing they did'n notice or there would have been some messy panties. Not that turds in the saginaw river is anything new.Lot's of nice boobies hanging out too. I was gonna bug gordie about one of them sst 45 gearcases with reverse but it took too much time to get back and forth forom the beer tent. Sun was kickin, had me an elephant ear good show! P.s. Was that a ferrari I saw win the german grand prix....Schummie!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was there,The champ boats are awesome to watch those guys have BIG BALLS!What did you think of the inflatables? I would like to try one.
    Bob

Chicago Occupation:Marine Mech/Tunnel Boat Racer Interests:Faster Lap Times
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

river roar

Insane-o, man I wish you had tracked me down, I had a couple shifter cases with me. Gordie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Bay City

Check out http://www.hottracing.com for pictures and recaps of the racing at Bay City (refresh a few times if it doesn't reload the first time). More info will soon be posted at http://www.apba.org (Category OPC, News)

It was so cool meeting a few of the Scream and Fly people at Bay City. Like Tom and Paul. Wish I would have known there were others there.

And it was awesome to be able to give Ro a big hug and seeing that he's all healed up and back to normal again. "Ya'll" should have seen him working the docks and being 'Coach' to some of the younger racers! It was great.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Hey BK,Where are the inflatable pic's?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up INFLATABLES

Send some to me, and I'll post them!

I loved those inflatables, but whenever they were out racing, that's when I had to do my interviews with the F1/F2 guys!

I saw one boat in testing that really caught my eye -- it was orange and teal and the driver/rider each had matching orange/teal cut suits on. They looked sharp.

About an hour later, I heard a huge "BOOM". I found out later that that fancy inflatable boat team had started too early, and when trying to whip around to start again, accidentally hit the dock! I never knew those things exploded like that! WOW! It was loud.

I felt really badly -- I mean, they really looked sharp and fast.
    Those guys look like they really have a blast.

The only website I have for them is: http://www.performanceinflatables.com/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

That was Bob Stack he is the head airhead for the APBA.I heard he hit a nail or something.They are really holding a lot of air pressure when they are inflated for racing.I wish I had some pic's to send you but I didnt go.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OH NO!

There was another team I saw who could really defy gravity -- shocking the crowd by nearly blowing over on PURPOSE. ( I don't know HOW they do that!)

Anyway ... as this one white boat came flying down the straight WOT, I caught a little message painted on the underside.... It said: "OH S#&%". LOL!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its amazing how high you can get the nose without actually going over.These boats are really a lot of fun and they can be used as play boats when your not racing.I sold my STV last year to buy one and now I am on my second boat.They are a blast.