Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Progression boats???

I am thinking of purchasing a progression 27 I/O. Does anyone know anything about these boats? I would appreciate any info including pictures and pros/cons.

Thanks
    Last edited by SippyRat; 02-15-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Have A 29 With A Pair Of 300 Promaxs For Sale Super Mint

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Progression has a very informative website. Check it out for starters. www.progressionboats.com. Feel free to PM me with specific questions - I have owned 2 Progressions so far (22 outboard then my current 24 I/O) and the only thing preventing me from owning a 27 is the current state of the economy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspeed View Post
    I Have A 29 With A Pair Of 300 Promaxs For Sale Super Mint

What ????? Can't you keep a boat for more then a month

I have seen Lightspeeds 29 and it is very clean
    Last edited by SuperBoat Steve; 08-04-2009 at 02:37 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laster View Post
    Progression has a very informative website. Check it out for starters. www.progressionboats.com. Feel free to PM me with specific questions - I have owned 2 Progressions so far (22 outboard then my current 24 I/O) and the only thing preventing me from owning a 27 is the current state of the economy.
    And the 24 is a fast mofo
    Johnny Saris
    Driver-441 32 Cobra
    Saris Racing Engines
    World and National Champions
    www.facebook.com/TeamSaris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

progression

basically the best built performance boat out there! the 27 with twin 300 promaxes runs over 100mph. progression boats can take "anything" you can throw at it and more. wise choice ,good luck

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kevin knows his $$$$hit..boats big money new but if u take care of her properly ull have her a lifetime..nvr ridden in one b4 but know they are fast as hell wen they walk past me at 70 ..eddy what size is the white red and gold one with the twin mercs..27 or 29? wat speeds that boat see?
    1986 23' Ghost- RIP
    1986 28' Ghost- SOLD

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give me more...............

I've been to the site, I've recieved an info pack from Kevin, looked at all of the limitted info available on the web but I still need more. I prefer I/O's so I am looking at a single Merc HP 525 package which Kevin claims will be in the lower 80's. Does anyone have a 27 with one I/O? If so how do you like it? This is a huge purchase for me and it's a 23 hour drive to NY for me so PLEASE POST OR EMAIL ME ALL PICS OF ALL PROGRESSIONS YOU HAVE! To

Thanks everyone
    Last edited by SippyRat; 01-01-2012 at 04:14 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I dont know if this helps but I had a few run ins in the past with a yellow and white progression with a single IO from bergen point in babylon. I think its a 27' but could be a 29', not sure. Anyway, I've gps'd this guy at 100mph more than once. someone later said to me it can go 105. I dont know what he had for power but I didnt expect it thats for sure. good thing we were in the flats.
    Helmut
    slow boats

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RgsR...eature=related

here u go..in factory one all the boats running single 500HP
    1986 23' Ghost- RIP
    1986 28' Ghost- SOLD

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 27 in the Youtube video delaminated in a race in Atlantic City. It's available cheap if your looking for a project hull.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find that hard to believe that it just Delaminated , Progression boats are very strong, I mean really strong , Perhaps they hit something submergered, like a log or pillon, just under the surface?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy the boat. You will never be sorry!I believe the bergen pt. 27 hits 104mph,don't know exactly whats in it.The marroon ,white and gold boat is a 27 out of oceanside,david runs twin 250XS motors to 93 mph.He would consider selling(we spoke this past sunday)so he could trade up to a 29.Kevin and I have talked about a 27 with a 710 Ilmor,all it takes is cash!My 24 with a single 250XS runs 74 all day long .It has run up to 78 but I have never stripped weight from it to see the ultimate top end.(rear seat,interior cushions,anchors,sunshade,full tank,etc.)
    Progression 24LD Optimax 250XS
    USA Hockey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Shafts View Post
    The 27 in the Youtube video delaminated in a race in Atlantic City. It's available cheap if your looking for a project hull.
    I believe i've read here on scream and fly that that particular boat needs a lot of work, according to kevin himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric T View Post
    I find that hard to believe that it just Delaminated , Progression boats are very strong, I mean really strong , Perhaps they hit something submergered, like a log or pillon, just under the surface?
    I'd have to agree, it was a race boat, I'm sure it was beat on pretty hard.

I have a 2002 progression 24ld with a 300x, I've seen over 80 mph and I am sure with some set up work, practice, and losing some of the weight arrowaves talked about it could see 85+ consisitently. I've seen 85 in good conditions.

I have no complaints with my boat, I would have ordered it differently if I purchased it new. I have the full cabin, snap in carpet, pirelli style flooring, etc. etc. so I imagine my boat is fairly heavy in comparison. I would have ordered it with less frills, no cabin lighting, no fans in the cabin, etc.

In comparison to other boats in my size range I have really only ran side by side with checkmates and sunsations. I have ridden on 25 sunsation agressors and my boat rides "softer" and is comparibly faster. My boat also feels a little more solid than the sunsations, which around my neck of the woods are known for being quality boats, and I would agree they are.

If I could afford it I would love to buy a 29 or 27 with a single I/O and a healthy stern drive package.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I've asked you before, but what kind of power do you have and what speeds is it giving you? I have a buddy trying to talk me into throwing my blown up 300x in the dumpster and turning my boat into an I/O, for giggles I'm curious how yours runs, not that I would go through all the work it would take to swap to stern drive.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast