Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pros and cons

new to the twin outboard world and would like to know the pros and cons to props rotating in or out.

thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure there are previous posts on this, but man im sure this will open a can of worms.... ha ha ha

IMO (and only that) I always thought that it is best to have both props turning out, this will not achieve max WOT speed but makes the boat more predictable in corners. Having said that it is best to try both ways as every boat is different (this is what you call "sitting on the fence")

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nz is right about the can of worms ,sometime you just need to test ,On a tunnel i like turning in and out on a heavier mono .Turning in on some cats can relieve a bit of bounce.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replys. will find out this weekend going to swap and try turning them in. hope to get a little more stren lift, This is on the 24 thunder king cat that I just picked up it was listed on here. i have found out a lot about this boat on here the last couple days. would like to find a set of merc's to put back on the thing but going to try to get by the rest of the summer with it. then it will be time for a resto. thanks for any and all help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0588.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi!

Turning in will give better bowlift, but the downside is normally less stability. Especially at WOt and sometimes in heavy seas. Turning in may give an extra mph at WOT for V hulls. Turning out will make the boat running flatter, but being more stable. I have a Phantom 25 with twin Merc 2.5 EFI SS engines, and I have tried both rotations. I prefer turning out. Turning in the boat was a handful to drive at WOT and in heavy seas. I could not see any speed gains either turning in. But this is my boat.

Cheeers and good luck!

ToffenG