Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think the electric would be better--among other things you wouldn't have the big " D " handle between your feet.thanks for all your feedback guys,I guess I'll be keeping mine.although mine is manual.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Checkout the place diverter information in this link to get the scoop about all this: http://www.berkeleyjet.com/jetovator.aspx If you join the site as a member (free) you will have access to the Tech Support information section on the right side related to jet pump removal/replacement/rebuilds and correct impeller size info for hp and rpm ranges...I joined it so I could read up on my unit as I am a newbie to jetboats, but I found lots of useful information there. They also show some new replacement parts for the Jetovators but not complete units. Althought they do have NEW place diverter units compatible for just about every kind of jet pump made. I sent an email to inquire about it myself. Mine is a 12JC type pump, and they do make complete new units to fit the old pump housings. The new ones are around 700.00 and include the cable, and control and the nozzel. I was told it was everything I would need to purchase in the return email.

Hope this may help.

Mike in Missouri - Pronounced Misery!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your jetovator

Quote Originally Posted by old geezer View Post
    Hi Guys--
    My boat is a 86 marlin-deep vee-very heavy boat.454 bb chevy,berkely 12jc.since I have trim tabs,other than making a rooster tail,is there any reason to have this jetovator on it?I'm thinking of taking the whole assembly off.I'm not a racer so the rooster tail means nothing to me if the performance won't suffer too badly.if I do take it off--anyone have any idea what it's worth?I understand they don't make or sell complete units anymore,only parts.thanks for your input.
    I may be interested in purchasing your place diverter I just bought a jet boat and would like to make rooster tails. other than that it does very little to your performance. Even better that you have trim tabs.

Bill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually..Berkeleyjet.com now does sell a new style Droop snoot that will accept a Jetovator... I was just looking at that last night from www.berkelyjet.com so go there and snoop around a little. I was able to find it you should be able to find it too. I am not kidding.

They actually advertised it as a new machined part that accepts the old jetovators or the new place diverters!

<TABLE cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Berkeley Newly Updated Droop Snoot</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top> It has been machined to accept a place diverter nozzle or the Berkeley nozzle. It comes double drilled. Advantages of using the Berkeley Droop Snoot: lowers the thrust point of the jet, allowing the jet pump to have better leverage to lift the bow up, which in most cases will increase your top end speed.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Part number: 150-H02699

Best regards!

Mike in Missouri...pronounced Misery!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that's a picture of it, it wont work with a jetovator. The pins are horrizontal to use it. When you are using a jetovator you need to rotate the bowl 90* your up/down is first, the left right is behind that.
    10,000 lakes so little time

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cut the pin end off the droop rotate 90 weld done if done right it will be as strong or stronger where welded
    Last edited by 455maveric; 06-23-2009 at 09:37 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just reported what I found on the berkeleyjet.com website about what I found out about this. (Since I saw the question raised about it).They claim this comes double drilled to accept either a place diverter or the Jetovator nossel in the description. I just copied and pasted it. I'm not totally shure if they just used an existing old photo of the original droop snoot or not. You could logon and call them to find out. Go to www.berkeleyjet.com to find their toll free number. I would imagine they would answer your questions about this.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikes402Jetboat View Post
    Actually..Berkeleyjet.com now does sell a new style Droop snoot that will accept a Jetovator... I was just looking at that last night from www.berkelyjet.com so go there and snoop around a little. I was able to find it you should be able to find it too. I am not kidding.

They actually advertised it as a new machined part that accepts the old jetovators or the new place diverters!

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Berkeley Newly Updated Droop Snoot</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top> It has been machined to accept a place diverter nozzle or the Berkeley nozzle. It comes double drilled. Advantages of using the Berkeley Droop Snoot: lowers the thrust point of the jet, allowing the jet pump to have better leverage to lift the bow up, which in most cases will increase your top end speed.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Part number: 150-H02699

Best regards!

Mike in Missouri...pronounced Misery!
    It says Berkeley nozzle, not jetovator, they are diffrent animals
    10,000 lakes so little time

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bad, was trying to be helpful...sorry!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oops I got my 454 wet

anyone have sank your motor before, I sank my boat up to the manifolds not in the carb. sucked in a rope in my intake on my berkley and pulled off the cover to see if I could get to the rope but did not know when your in the water that it will pour out the cover. well since I was ablt to get to the rope but it kept dangeling in the opening I could not put the cover back on fast enough so I sank up to the manifolds. Now I have salt water in my 454.

Here is what I have done to date I started up the engine for 2 min in the water that is when I knew somthing was wrong. I brought the boat home and pumped out the engine 6 courts of milkshake then I put in new oil and changed the filter. started it up to warm up the oil for 3 min then shut it down. pumped out the milk shake oil again. Now I have been told to remove the valve covers and pour diesel into the engine to wash it down. then drain. Then refil with oil and pull destribtor and prime the oil through the engine until all the oil comes through the pushrods.

Well I must say I'm a bit scared to pour diesel down the engine to wash out the water and oil won't that dry out the entire inside of the engine???

I would like a second opinion guys!!!!

Thanks

Bill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill I have a automotive shop and we have done it plenty of times have never hurt anything. I have even done it to my race cars after they have had intake leak into the engine.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill I too have done this several times in my race car motors. It will work.
    Just get the cheapest oil you can buy and use it to pump back through the system. This does work.
    Wilseya

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am looking at my Jetovator on the back of my boat and it is on a one pice bowl and it works and the bowl is not rotated 90 so the pin is horizontal and looks like it will work with the droop snoot and 2 pice bowl i will be putting on
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SSCN0902.JPG   SSCN0903.JPG  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just bought 78 sleek craft 20 foot 454 and would also like to have jetovator i have jc berkley are they hard to install

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my pump is a JF I think you will need a place diverter and no the not hard to install

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast