Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I send you some pictures of canali Jerry or as you call it Canali 16 (not official name).

The first one with number 489 is an actual picture, with me at the wheel, the engine is an Crescent 55 Tornado. The boat is the true racing version of Canali Jerry, in fact this boat has raced in 1968 in Rouen- France, and in Italy, with narrow body. I bought it in 2004, without engine I wanted to find an ARCHIMEDES PENTA AP-550X, but I canīt, instead I found the Crescent Tornado, in fact the same engine 100 x 100 just changing the decals and paint, like Johnson / Evinrude. I own this boat and engine in my garage. It is completly funcional now.
    Originaly has been raced with Carniti engines, but this engine very powerfull, just was know inside Italy.

The boat with SD489 is my first Jerry, my father bought it to me in 1972 when i was 20 years old, but it was a "training" version of the pure racing Jerry, with wide body an different hull in order to made easy the driving, of course it is not so fast as the narrow body version (489). The my father was the ARCHIMEDES PENTA distributor in Mallorca, and we use it to make publicity of our company. In 1976 sold the boat and engine to make cash to buy my house. In 2008 I had the chance to buy again this boat, but equipped this time with a Yamaha 70 Hp true racing version of 1982, almost new and with all the parts original, a jewel.
    Of course I keep the boat and engine in my garage too, but the boat was rather battered and needs a deep refurbishing work in his wood body. I hope to do it shortly.

The boat of the picture in Norway, its very very nice. But in my humble opinion, it is not real. The Jerrys were a RACING MACHINE, so here they delivers his best, not a boat to bring your gal for a tour, for his I know there are better boats, ja ja. The steering is modern, in those times we had just wire cables and pulleys. They were not varnished, but painted wich is more practical. The deck so nice decorated that seems a RIVA, too luxurious and delicate for racing, I doubt it is original. The throttle, wich control is very very important, has to be controled by foot, like a car, as booth hands are needed to control precisely the driving wheel, if you race with just one hand you canīt control the boat. You need two hands to grip hard the driving wheel in order to avoid be expeled out of the boat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	File0067.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	340409I think that I would feel right at home in one of those boats.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1284.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	169.6 KB 
ID:	421133Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1282.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	421134Here is my Canali16 (in Sweden it was called Oldenburg 16) which I built in 1969 equipped with a Carniti 55 hp outboard, top speed 46 knotsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1295.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	421131Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1290.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	122.7 KB 
ID:	421132
    Last edited by Rcrunner; 10-18-2018 at 07:37 AM.

5. Thanks Mark75H, Greg G thanked for this post
    Likes Mark75H, Greg G liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2