Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Hydrostream Vector Boat Cover??

I'm looking for a boat cover for my vector, anyone have any suggestions? Its going to be for outside storage all summer, so waterproofing and durability is a big . Probably won't be trailering much with it. I was looking at a vector cover at boatcovers.com and found this one http://www.boatcovers.com/boatCovers/coverDetails.asp?covID=HYDR1005&covMAKE=HYDR
    anyone have any experiences with it? I'm open to any company or cover so any suggestions or experiences are welcome so post em up.

Thanks
    Striker
    1973 Hydrostream Vector (under restoration)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased my cover for my HST from them it fits good
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hst refit 088.jpg  
    Last edited by captainsteve; 04-19-2009 at 12:52 AM.
    [/SIGPIC]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainsteve View Post
    I purchased my cover for my HST from them it fits good
    Which type is this Steve?
    Do you perhaps have a picture of the back with the cover on? I have a windscreen. Will it still it you think?

I'm also going to put a fairing cowl on. But That wont probably fit anymore? Dont ya think? That's why I would like to see a pic of the back? DO you perhaps have an idea of the weight of the cover?

If it's not to heavy I think i'm going to buy one and let them send it to my place. If it's too heavy it will cost to much to ship and I can better let a local guy make one for me.
    http://www.geocities.com/fletcher_arrowbeau

Fletcher 17F6
    Hydrostream HST 20F

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    I'm looking for a boat cover for my vector, anyone have any suggestions? Its going to be for outside storage all summer, so waterproofing and durability is a big . Probably won't be trailering much with it. I was looking at a vector cover at boatcovers.com and found this one http://www.boatcovers.com/boatCovers/coverDetails.asp?covID=HYDR1005&covMAKE=HYDR
    anyone have any experiences with it? I'm open to any company or cover so any suggestions or experiences are welcome so post em up.

Thanks
    Striker
    Striker,
    I've had a cover made by Boatcovers.com for my Viking for 2 years now and have no problems with them. They're are real good cover for the price and are very light.
    The only problem I did have with it was that I have rigging tubes going to the front of my motor. Solution was that I marked the area for the rigging tubes and my steering cables and cut a hole for each. I then cut from the hole out to the nearest edge. I then got my wife to sew a hem to the edge to prevent raveling and sewed on velcro to the 2 edges. Now all you have to do is put the cover around the hoses and cables and velcro them together.
    Works Great!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboy View Post
    Do you perhaps have a picture of the back with the cover on? I have a windscreen. Will it still it you think?

I'm also going to put a fairing cowl on. But That wont probably fit anymore? Don't ya think? That's why I would like to see a pic of the back? DO you perhaps have an idea of the weight of the cover?

If it's not to heavy I think I'm going to buy one and let them send it to my place. If it's too heavy it will cost to much to ship and I can better let a local guy make one for me.

Glenn,
    You can contact them and tell them any modifications or additions you have and I'm sure they can make one to fit your need.
    Each cover is engineered out for it's particular hull type.
    My cover still had ink markings on the inside for cuts and had my name and hull type marked on the inside nose.

I hope this helps.
    Gary
    Gary Johnson
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress.
    -- John Adams

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shop

http://www.canvasman.com/

do it custom and local.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgiariverrat View Post
    Striker,
    I've had a cover made by Boatcovers.com for my Viking for 2 years now and have no problems with them. They're are real good cover for the price and are very light.
    The only problem I did have with it was that I have rigging tubes going to the front of my motor. Solution was that I marked the area for the rigging tubes and my steering cables and cut a hole for each. I then cut from the hole out to the nearest edge. I then got my wife to sew a hem to the edge to prevent raveling and sewed on velcro to the 2 edges. Now all you have to do is put the cover around the hoses and cables and velcro them together.
    Works Great!!

Glenn,
    You can contact them and tell them any modifications or additions you have and I'm sure they can make one to fit your need.
    Each cover is engineered out for it's particular hull type.
    My cover still had ink markings on the inside for cuts and had my name and hull type marked on the inside nose.

I hope this helps.
    Gary
    Sounds great
    Do you have an estimation how much they weigh? What's the best price/quality deal of the 5 materials they are selling?
    http://www.geocities.com/fletcher_arrowbeau

Fletcher 17F6
    Hydrostream HST 20F

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy View Post

I'm also going to put a fairing cowl on. But That wont probably fit anymore? Dont ya think? That's why I would like to see a pic of the back? DO you perhaps have an idea of the weight of the cover?

If it's not to heavy I think i'm going to buy one and let them send it to my place. If it's too heavy it will cost to much to ship and I can better let a local guy make one for me.
    Its light, but the back wont fit if you put the fairing on, I dont have any pics of it from the back. I think I have the "travel tough"
    Last edited by captainsteve; 04-19-2009 at 05:10 PM.
    [/SIGPIC]