Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Anyone heard of Bayon?

I just purchased a 73 Bayon Daycruiser. Has anyone heard of this manufacturer? It's a 20 footer with 455 and a Berkely pump. Looks like the 455 has been Rebuilt at some point as it has a Edelbrock intake and carburetor and it does have the C heads, engine seems to run good, but haven't had it in the water yet. Does anyone have any input on this?
    I will post pics soon.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey classicboater I have a 1976 20' w/ 455 Olds that I have had for about 15 yrs. I am in the middle of building another Olds this winter and having the int redone. Last summer the trailer got painted and freshened up. Its been in a barn for the last 8 yrs or so . See I got married and you kind of loose the need for the boat after you do that but I now have 2 step daughters who happen to be teenagers with lots of friends so I am finding a new reason for get the boat put back together. Anyway the boats where made in Southern California up til the mid to late 80's and then I think they went out of business or got bought out or something. There happens to be a 1985 that runs around up here on the Columbia River along with 2 other Bayon in the mid 1970's ones a 18' and the other is a yellow and white 20'. Mine is red and white by the way. You should make a trip north to the Longview area this summer and check them out.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good gndpounder. I'd like to see another one just to see how they're set up. Does your 455 run a water pump for cooling? Mine does but i'm told that is wrong to do with a jet! Also my trailer was kind of tweaked. Got it straightened out now but i'm curious how the rubber bow gaurd is set up on similar boats. Mine is brown and white but is getting painted and new interior this winter.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been told so many times that my motor must be out of an auto because of the water pump on it even though it is plumbed through a Berkley thermostat adapter and every other Bayon around that I have ever ran across was exactly the same. But my heads are Marine K Heads and my block is the original one that came with the boat. The way I see it, it just lets the pump out back work less on cooling and more on going fast. The lower picture is what hold my boat to the trailer. Just picture the shock on the jack stand is attached to the trailer just behind the master cylinder for the surge brake and the three sided angled piece on the 4x4 wraps around the center rail of the trailer about 2' back from where the shock is mounted. Then the 2x3 piece has a slot in the upper right end where the eye of the boat slips into. Kind of hard to explain but if I get over to my storage barn one of these days I'll set it on the trailer and take a few pictures. Hopefully some of this helped more than added to your issues. Good Luck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 008.jpg   005.jpg