Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I know

There was one on the side of a shead down here and I tryed to get it but they was going to use it as a ducking boat. I hope they didn't cut it up. Ralph from lindinhurst used to have one with a V6 rude 30 years ago.........His first speed boat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Was just lookingthrew some old threads and wanted to get this back near the top. Love the Invader !!

Chris
    God, Country, and Fast Boats
    SPECIAL BOAT TEAM 12/ HSB'S SOC NSWU-1

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the chance to pick up one in decent condition from a buddy hull is in decent shape and comes with a trailer. Any idea on the value of a solid hull and decent trailer?

Annapolis, MD ragboat capital of the world
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Value depends on condition, location and time of year. After frost, away from big water ... give away

Hamilton Bermuda or Iowa?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He wants seven fifty boat is pretty much empty besides the wheel and seats. Theres a bench facing the motor and two buckets up front. Id really like to get this boat for around $500 but hes not really moving his price even as the snow approaches. And im in canada
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.jpg   1.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gofast26 View Post
    He wants seven fifty boat is pretty much empty besides the wheel and seats. Theres a bench facing the motor and two buckets up front. Id really like to get this boat for around $500 but hes not really moving his price even as the snow approaches. And im in canada
    That's a 14 footer not 15.

Lookd good buy it.

Chris

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can you tell between that two so easily without measurements? Ive looked at pictures of both and cant really tell the difference. Pictures were in a sales brochure so it wasnt a very good visual source.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out the pics of my resto in the link in my signature, that is a "15" ft invader. It's actually 15'7".
    1970 16ft G.W. Invader~1969 1250 Merc
    1971 15ft G.W. INVADER~1974 1500 J Block
    11' glen-l TNT

16' Invader under restoration: http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...hreadid=144970

"Where ever I'm going, heaven or hell I do hope they have an engineering department." ~ Elmer Carl Kiekhafer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gofast26 View Post
    How can you tell between that two so easily without measurements? Ive looked at pictures of both and cant really tell the difference. Pictures were in a sales brochure so it wasnt a very good visual source.
    By the seating configuration. The 14 had front buckets with a back bench, the 15 ( which is actually 15'1 " ) had back to back buckets.

Grew up near a Marina that was a dealer of the Invader ( Rever's Marina) Rockford. Ill.

Chris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a brochure, not sure what year. I knew guys who had two different models back in the late '60's to mid-'70's. I started to post something I thought I remembered, but I had it hosed up; the 15 in the brochure looks like spec's boat. Has a lifting hull and more depth. I knew a guy who raced one in a small dragboat circuit back then in the area (OH) with a Merc 1100 and did quite well. The 14 in the brochure is very different, almost like a stretch version of the 10'. Very flat, spanked the water, I always knew when he passed our cottage, didn't even have to look.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Barry
    '06 Liberator Stealth, Merc 250XS
    '08 Checkmate Pulsare 2100 Long Deck, Merc 250XS
    '89 Viper (ordered from the factory), '73 Merc 1500SS
    '86 Lowe 14' aluminum 'dog swim platform', 9.8 Merc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gw Invader

That is a 14 and what was said about the seating is correct. I purchased a 14 not nearly that condition with a 50hp and trailer for 450.00, same seating. I also have a 15 and the 15 came with back to back seats at least in 1972. as the I have also seen single seat 15's that were race boats when I was a kid. The 14 is about i1inch narrower.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by j90 View Post
    That is a 14 and what was said about the seating is correct. I purchased a 14 not nearly that condition with a 50hp and trailer for 450.00, same seating. I also have a 15 and the 15 came with back to back seats at least in 1972. as the I have also seen single seat 15's that were race boats when I was a kid. The 14 is about i1inch narrower.
    I had heard that it was narrower but never new for sure. Thanks for that info !!

Chris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    these must be some really fun boats it seems that way with all the pics. you all have posted and especially with specboatops video.
    Kathleen Michelle

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GW Invader Sizes

I have been researching these boats for some time. A friend of mine had one more years ago then I care to admit, and I remember that he used to reconfigure the seating at will. The bench in the front, and the two buckets in the back or vice versa. So I'm not convinced that the seating configuration is the key. I was under the impression that that it was the gunwale configuration. Take a look at the two enclosed pictures. The blue 14' has the open gunwale. The green 15' has the closed gunwale. Am I wrong?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 14 ft GW Invader 1971 - 2.jpg   !BYUi3I!BGk~$(KGrHgoH-CcEjlLlzSkuBKg4jDrlo!~~_3.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10' Invader

A friend had one in "72-73 with a 15" 50 Johnson looper. Ran low 50s with a 2 blade 23" OMC aluminum prop (best we could do). A blast in a straight line, but would beat the salt off a cracker if you hit any waves at speed. Wouldn't turn around in a 10 acre field. We slid it up on the beach once! All in all, it's a wonder no one got hurt in it, but we didn't know any better!
    I always thought the v-bottom GW looked suspiciously like and Allison........
    18 Talon/2.4 carb SOLD
    26 Deck Boat/250 Merc

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast