Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i remember well

looks just like the one my dad picked up - gold metalflake - that transom was something else , we also raised it 4 "s @ its the one u guys are talkn about - with my old x-flow 140 great fun boat - it has dual ride guide steering - land & sea soild mounts & nose cone - cmc hyd jack - block is stock other than i rebuilt it a few years ago .020 over - he's turning a omc 27 soild hub race cleaver about 6500 rpm if ya push him - lol - but he doesnt like turning it over 6 - i think he's thinking of selling it - transom could use some glass work but still solid - gotta love the sound of that thing when he cracks it open - id like to see a 175 fast strike or intruder on it - but that 140 rocks pretty good
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails holidays 083.jpg   holidays 103.jpg   holidays 101.jpg   kosh 04 4 4.jpg  
    Last edited by k-man; 03-27-2009 at 09:10 AM.
    always think into the future & remember the past

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A light weight option would be a 3 cyclinder omc. Wingnut had one that pushed some hp and was light. Rick

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by specboatops View Post
    You need to finish your project and we need to hook up and run these bad boy's !

Definitely, that would turn some heads.
    1970 16ft G.W. Invader~1969 1250 Merc
    1971 15ft G.W. INVADER~1974 1500 J Block
    11' glen-l TNT

16' Invader under restoration: http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...hreadid=144970

"Where ever I'm going, heaven or hell I do hope they have an engineering department." ~ Elmer Carl Kiekhafer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by k-man View Post
    looks just like the one my dad picked up - gold metalflake - that transom was something else , we also raised it 4 "s @ its the one u guys are talkn about - with my old x-flow 140 great fun boat - it has dual ride guide steering - land & sea soild mounts & nose cone - cmc hyd jack - block is stock other than i rebuilt it a few years ago .020 over - he's turning a omc 27 soild hub race cleaver about 6500 rpm if ya push him - lol - but he doesnt like turning it over 6 - i think he's thinking of selling it - transom could use some glass work but still solid - gotta love the sound of that thing when he cracks it open - id like to see a 175 fast strike or intruder on it - but that 140 rocks pretty good
    I was hoping to get up that way some time and run with you and Scott.........I hope you don't get rid of it...............these old boats are hard to find...........
    God, Country, and Fast Boats
    SPECIAL BOAT TEAM 12/ HSB'S SOC NSWU-1

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not mine

jeff janaky owns it now - bought it from my dad lol - was hopen to see u guys run together myself - and yes he fiberglassed that thing in our basement - stunk up the whole house more than once - carried it out the patio doors - its an adrenile rush 4 sure - a deffinantly turns some heads & pissed off more than a few 6'S with the 85 cover - most of them said when i heard it open up , i knew i was screwed - gotta remmeber this thing has been around 4 awhile - good luck with your project but be safe & do it right - the old man stuck a few bucks into it with good parts - i remember some of the 1st few runs with the ass end shimmying about a foot or so it seemed with a 24 raker at about 6400 r's - keep us posted
    always think into the future & remember the past

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

To State What Might Be Obvious...

but I think Bruno is new to this---Looks like the hull was built with a transom for a 15" motor (yah, back then, 20" was a long shaft). Assuming it will have a 20" on it now, needs a serious and seriously strong transom buildup.

By the way, Bruno, looks like the new post worked.
    Per Rock:

"Once I bought my first Hydrostream boating changed forever for me."

Per my hero Instigator:

"I try not to let common sense interfere w/my boat buying decisions."

Pat Gent
    cell 954-249-3246
    '78 Hydrostream Vandal (being rebuilt)
    '86 21' Eliminator Daytona, 300 OMC V-8 (Li'l Toy III)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it did, thanks for the advice!

Yeah we are gonna redo the transom, so I can use a 20" shaft.
    What's a good height? I was thinking of running a 4-6" jack plate on it, is that a good idea?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by k-man View Post
    jeff janaky owns it now - bought it from my dad lol - was hopen to see u guys run together myself - and yes he fiberglassed that thing in our basement - stunk up the whole house more than once - carried it out the patio doors - its an adrenile rush 4 sure - a deffinantly turns some heads & pissed off more than a few 6'S with the 85 cover - most of them said when i heard it open up , i knew i was screwed - gotta remmeber this thing has been around 4 awhile - good luck with your project but be safe & do it right - the old man stuck a few bucks into it with good parts - i remember some of the 1st few runs with the ass end shimmying about a foot or so it seemed with a 24 raker at about 6400 r's - keep us posted
    YO~ BRO, DAH GOOD OLD DAYS! JEFF'S RUNS WITH A HYDRAULIC JACK PLATE. MOTOR UP= DOWN WITH A TOUCH OF A BUTTON WORKS WELL.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0002_0001.jpg   ss invader 018.jpg  
    Last edited by thaw ripper; 03-28-2009 at 01:57 AM.

Running the chute @ 3 Lakes Shootout.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BslLSXfz90I

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a post going on in the fiberglass section on this site, and put up new pics if you guys want to check it out.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 15 foot GW Invader completely restored with a 115 merc straight 6 5 inch setback center stear very fast nobody will ride with me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've rode in dusies GW Invader. It was one wild ride!!! He's going to have to find a new rider, once is enough for me!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dusie454 View Post
    I have a 15 foot GW Invader completely restored with a 115 merc straight 6 5 inch setback center stear very fast nobody will ride with me

Any pics?
    11' glen-l TNT

16' Invader under restoration: http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...hreadid=144970

"Where ever I'm going, heaven or hell I do hope they have an engineering department." ~ Elmer Carl Kiekhafer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some pics of Dusies invader.He is my dad,I posted these here before but i will post them again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gw%20invader%20001.jpg   gw%20invader%20002.jpg   gw%20invader%20003.jpg  
    Bob

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few moreYou should have seen it when we got it home,It had no bottom in it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gw%20invader%20005.jpg   gw%20invader%20007.jpg   gw%20invader%20008.jpg  
    Bob

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting those pics, my boat is a 4-seater and slightly different than the ones discussed on this thread, I'd like to have one of each some day. What kind of speed do you guys see out of that boat?
    11' glen-l TNT

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast