Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude JDPowers has you pay to have your products tested or checked for approval by the customer, you the company has no way of knowing if your gonna win,until they call you before the announcement.....NNT, why so C-NTY about E-TEC winning? Did we bitch when Merc won previously? No not at all, dude you have been asking about the "Inferior product" for months now, quit being a "flip flopper" you sound like a Politician, 1 day its oh etecs are good, then the next oh I only buy american, and whos american in the motor game??????? Your Black company could be bought by a Belgium company, what if the Chinese buy it, what would you guys do? buy 30 yr old motors for the rest of your life? Give it up, we all know that the E-TEC is the Highest Advancement in the Marine business as of late, the Verado was/is a flop, great pontoon motor, but not so much for the rest of the Biz,unless your buying 26ft+ boats....How is Merc,and the others going to work through the Next bunch of EPA restrictions for 2010, OH my, the only one not having to change ANYTHING is E-TEC, dude their the ONLY motor manufacturer that TESTS every motor on a dyno on the assembly line, ONLY company that the EPA lets test every motor at Sturtevant,WI.....everyone else sends their motors down to Florida for testing, Dude the BRP plant has a EPA test facility that is better than the EPAs own facility!!!!!!!!!!! But your right those Maple Syrup Swiggin, accent having, scam artist Canadians are out to GET YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude you were acting so good for a while, what happened? Did someone Pee in your Cheerios? Its all in love buddy.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bworner View Post
    But your right those Maple Syrup Swiggin, accent having, scam artist Canadians are out to GET YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We have an accent?

Coooool!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude Im from Northern Wisconsin, so the sounthern boys think we all sound like the movie "Fargo", eh?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NNT View Post
    I have no brand loyalty at all man, I just reckognize a better product and value, that win lies with Mercury the last American owned outboard manufacturer. Thanks for your concern though pal
    Yes, the one that sold it's most popular product line (40-60) from the american production line out to the communist chinese. SERIOUS sore spot to me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congrats to BRP for the award!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Insane-o View Post
    Yes, the one that sold it's most popular product line (40-60) from the american production line out to the communist chinese. SERIOUS sore spot to me.
    You must not get out much, I rarely see Mercs in that power range from Ny to Fl, I see more Mercs in the 90 and up range then anything else. Bworner, I used to think you had some hint of common sense and joked half the time like I do, but to call the Verado a flop just shows how truly out of it you really are. Come down to s Fla and you'll be hard pressed to see a Etec and you surely won't see many on the big center console boats the Verados were designed for. Remember our season is year round down here, so you need a REAL outboard built for the long run. Not 3 months of runnin and 9 months of layup, maybe thats why etecs are so easy to winterize, they need the rest. Congrats BRP on winnin a meaningless award that may or may not prove something You bunch of BRP weenies cry like a bunch of little girls at any hint of pokin fun or stating facts that show the etecs aren't perfect like ya'll dream about. Why won't BRP put the etecs up head to head with Verado? Why did they turn tail and run at the B&WB shootout? What do they already know that they don't want the consumer to know? 4>2 <<<<<<<<<<<

I wish BRP would put the money they have in that fugly can-am abortion into the etec line, maybe they'd have something that can compete on all levels with a Mercury, then again I doubt it. cya syrup suckers, ya bunch of hosers eh?

PS-PBR is 10 times the beer labatts blue will ever be lol
    Last edited by NNT; 02-18-2009 at 09:25 AM.
    I'm currently boatless

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but to call the Verado a flop just shows how truly out of it you really are.
    The Verado does keep Merc service departments really busy here in the midwest.

Merc was almost all out of the 2-stroke business, including Optimax, until BRP produced the E-TEC. I don't care how much Mercury kool aid you drink, this is fact. Around these parts boating happens all year round with varying temps from 0's on up, not those nice warm temps you southerners have. I will and have put E-TEC's up against all of the merc 4-strokes in the cold. I've seen many peed off at their Merc's while I was out hunting or fishing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have personally seen 25 etecs so far down here, 24 of which were broken down. not tryin to start anything, just stating facts thanks
    I'm currently boatless

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    lol right. I work on broken mercs everyday.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NNT You sir are 100% Right.....The Slatwater Market is 95% locked up, BY YAMAHA......Definitely not VERADO, I dont care how many Merc Infomercials youve seen, Geez where did Merc get that Idea? And up here and the rest of the Country you wil see E-TECS everywhere.....Not as much as Optis, but BRP doesnt own any hulls.....And are you stoned from that Cuban Bud Smuggled in a Cubans ASS? Now you know I do have a sense of Humor, but dude the Verado is right in your favorite Video of all Time, the E-TEC INFOMERCIAL? Dude I wont tell anyone that we were talking values of E-TECs and that you wanna be on their PRO-STAFF, you have my word.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys are WAY too easy....Just ignore the hobit and it will eventually go away.... He is just saying half this chit to rile you guys up....Will you ever learn?

I have personally seen 25 etecs so far down here, 24 of which were broken down. not tryin to start anything, just stating facts thanks
    As you always request, PROVE IT. Not Facts if you have no PROOF.

If anyone can tear up an Etec, it's me. Mine is run over the red line, run for dozens of miles WOT with a heavy ass load (I fish many tournaments each year, and on some of the reservoir lakes, it is not uncommon to run 40+ miles each way without even slightly letting up on the gas), used for ski duty on a bass barge, run high on the plate, pretty much put through its paces every time out, and so far, has failed me one time.

At 100hrs, it had the gearcase replaced due to discoloration of the paint (no mechanical faults, just a bad batch of paint on a few cases).

At 138hrs, the #2 injector leaned out and the powerhead let go. Dropped it off on Monday, picked it up with a brand new, fully dressed and updated powerhead on the following Monday. Missed one weekend on the water.

Now, 3 yrs after purchase, I changed the gear lube in it, and for the hell of it threw a set of plugs in it (old ones had 75hrs on them).

I have no complaints with mine, and as anyone that has ever been at River Ranch can tell ya, it's always ready to roll (even if the driver isn't ).

Congrats on the JD Powers win, hope it is a sign of things to come!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's almost no fun to get em all riled up..............almost
    I'm currently boatless

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Congratulations to BRP!

This is really good news.

It seems like BRP really got it right.

About Buckley's comment, based on what he told me the one time I met him back when he was Chairman of Brunswick, I think he still does not expect BRP to make it. Time will tell...
    Markus' Performance Boating Links:
    www.toastedmarshmallow.com/performance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    This is really good news.

It seems like BRP really got it right.

About Buckley's comment, based on what he told me the one time I met him back when he was Chairman of Brunswick, I think he still does not expect BRP to make it. Time will tell...
    He probably doesn't expect the internet to catch on either

Ralph Musser
    27' Fountain Fever W/ 525SC
    22' Rapid Craft W/ Evinrude 300 V8 January 2009 BOAT OF THE MONTH SOLD
    24' Triton 240 Gold W/ Mercury 60
    14' Royalcraft W/ Evinrude 75 father/daughter project

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast