Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by at100plus View Post
    I like the looks of the back of the Virage alot but not the front. I always thought a Virage with a much longer bow would be a nice looking and much better rough water boat...

That Mariner on the blue one never ran. I bought it sight unseen and received it with a stuck piston. Sent it back to him and put a Merc PM 225 on it.
    I agree! The bow should have been a bit longer. A 20ft virage would be awesome.
    http://www.geocities.com/fletcher_arrowbeau

Fletcher 17F6
    Hydrostream HST 20F

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some beautiful photos here!!!! Happy boaters...JP Love
    Go boating,be happy!! And wear safety vest please!! And lesson good music...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c5oHITTI8c

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we're planning a trip up to long island this summer, my friend steve is bringing his hst, we'll have to plan a virage reunion of sorts!! nice pics!! as far as rough water ride, i've driven alot of hydro's(haven't driven a 20 venus though), i think the virage probably has the best rough water ride. what would be everyone's guess as far as production numbers and what is left in exsistance today?
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Virage= nice hull
    Go boating,be happy!! And wear safety vest please!! And lesson good music...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c5oHITTI8c

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrsr View Post
    we're planning a trip up to long island this summer, my friend steve is bringing his hst, we'll have to plan a virage reunion of sorts!! nice pics!! as far as rough water ride, i've driven alot of hydro's(haven't driven a 20 venus though), i think the virage probably has the best rough water ride. what would be everyone's guess as far as production numbers and what is left in exsistance today?
    PARTY AT MY HOUSE,AND LOTS OF BOATING
    TRANSPORT SERVICE...UP TO 36 FEET....YOUR TRAILER OR MINE... FULLY INSURED...............
    DOT & CDL COMPLIANT $500,000.00 CARGO & 1 MILLION LIABILITY.

LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE, LESS CROWED BETTER VIEW
    ...............2022 3500 HD SILVERADO DUALLY 6.6 TURBO. 8 FT BED...LETS PULL IT.................

http://www.frankmoletransport.com/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Molé View Post

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Molé View Post
    hell yeah!!! looking forward to heading to freeport for some lunch
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Virage

I have a pre-production 1988 that I bought last year down by Minneapolis. Had a 86 200 suzuki on it but now has a 91 looper on it. JT sent a message back on it and here it is, Jim, the yellow and red ones were the first two built. The red one was first, then the yellow. They were built as test boats only and were never meant to be sold. They were sold in 1990 when the company was in dire need of cash. The yellow one was my company hull for a short time in the summer of 1988. In fact, it was the first boat I had use of at HydroStream. At the time I had a brand new 1987 Johnson GT200. We mounted it on the yellow Virage and Howard promptly cooked the powerhead by skiing too close to shore and ingesting weeds in the water pickups. We got a warranty powerhead from OMC and used the rig for the rest of the summer. It was a great hull for the 200, pretty fast and very controllable. My wife loved the boat because it was easy to drive and turn at speed. We used both the red one and yellow one in the 1989 brochure, the first new brochure at Stream since 1981. I don't remember their weight, construction or much else, however. Being test boats, unfortunately, they are probably not laid up well. You would do well to completely inspect them and even go so far as to replace the core, floor and transom.

JT

I don't have any good pics of it as I spent most of my time getting it ready to run last fall. Anyone have one of the 89 brochures let me know. I would like to have one or a copy.

Jim
    1988 Hydrostream Virage 91 200 Looper,
    Titus worked lower unit, Bobs 10" jack,
    29 SRX prop.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jims68 View Post
    I have a pre-production 1988 that I bought last year down by Minneapolis. Had a 86 200 suzuki on it but now has a 91 looper on it. JT sent a message back on it and here it is, Jim, the yellow and red ones were the first two built. The red one was first, then the yellow. They were built as test boats only and were never meant to be sold. They were sold in 1990 when the company was in dire need of cash. The yellow one was my company hull for a short time in the summer of 1988. In fact, it was the first boat I had use of at HydroStream. At the time I had a brand new 1987 Johnson GT200. We mounted it on the yellow Virage and Howard promptly cooked the powerhead by skiing too close to shore and ingesting weeds in the water pickups. We got a warranty powerhead from OMC and used the rig for the rest of the summer. It was a great hull for the 200, pretty fast and very controllable. My wife loved the boat because it was easy to drive and turn at speed. We used both the red one and yellow one in the 1989 brochure, the first new brochure at Stream since 1981. I don't remember their weight, construction or much else, however. Being test boats, unfortunately, they are probably not laid up well. You would do well to completely inspect them and even go so far as to replace the core, floor and transom.

JT

I don't have any good pics of it as I spent most of my time getting it ready to run last fall. Anyone have one of the 89 brochures let me know. I would like to have one or a copy.

Jim
    Great info
    http://www.geocities.com/fletcher_arrowbeau

Fletcher 17F6
    Hydrostream HST 20F

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

virage

Oh I forgot to say I have the Yellow one.

Jim
    1988 Hydrostream Virage 91 200 Looper,
    Titus worked lower unit, Bobs 10" jack,
    29 SRX prop.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice!! excellent info

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wonder how it ran w/ the v8?? that's cool to know where the boat came from, i'm surprised more people haven't chimed in, i knew the boats weren't that common,did your dad have it since new? i know this boat came from upstate ny before i got it. i also had a stg 1, very different boat to drive, the bow could be hung much higher, if you try it in the stg 3 the boat gets squirrely, it definetely likes to run flat

i spoke to my dad today , he said the boat was new but there is a story behind it

it was rigged with a mercury and it was new , then someone stole the motor

my dad bought it from muscle boats and it was rigged for a mercury and it had the mercury wire harness , which was cut from when they stole it

he also said the interior wasnt that nice even though it was new , he said there was plastic covering the seats and it was sitting in the sun and the plastic kinda melted into the seats

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how fast did it go w/ the v8?? my friend said a couple weeks ago, that yrs ago, he saw a boat just like mine up on a boat lift w/ a v8 on it, thats funny, he was right!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I remember when mark had it running with the v8 he was just cracking 90 with it. motor ran good but getting up on plane was an issue thats why he changed it.
    Helmut
    slow boats

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how fast did it go w/ the v8?? my friend said a couple weeks ago, that yrs ago, he saw a boat just like mine up on a boat lift w/ a v8 on it, thats funny, he was right!
    im not sure how fast , my dad never had a gps on it and never really messed with props/dialing it in too good

according to my father it wasnt that fast all along with the motor jacked up high but one day he tried the motor lower and it got hairy but once it settled out up top it was super fast

a local guy with a 24 skater rode along side him and paced him in the flats one day , i coulda swore he said the boat was breaking 100 , when i see that guy ill ask him

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast