Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by enforcer24 View Post
    Gee , only a few there 150 , my last one that i just sold to buy this outbourd boat dyno'd at 457 and 489 tq at 5150 rpm , 781 casting heads on 2 bolt main block with forged internals , custom grind cam (original firing order) , dyna was dry headers boat had stainless marine gen II exhaust with dry pipes , single plane high rise and 750DP mechanical secondary carb , 8 degrees at idle , 32 at full advance , merc TBIV ignition system
    but everyone has there own method , and i'll say again i'm not getting into a pissing match , i know what works with mine

On offshore only . com whenever theres an outboard question the refer the person here , in turn you might wanna post that question in there tech forum and see what they think , just for another opinion
    Funny I have a 504 and it ran like a raped ape with a 800DP I have the adjustible jet plates on it. Loved to hammer away at 5800 and spent much of its long life there. If it hadn't got a exhaust manifold leak and was getting water into #7 which resulted in breaking a rod it'd still be goin. Returning in spring as a 526.
    .......................................................................LETS STORM THE CASTLE BOYS!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the same problem

It ended up being a flat cam.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4