Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question engine setback/engine hight?????

I just got back from a great day on the water. First time since adding 15" of setback. Wasn't sure how to set the motor up. What is the general rule for hight/setback. So many inches back allows so many inches up???? Right now at the highest setting on the jackplate my prop shaft is 1 1/2" below the pad. At 15" of setback should the shaft be higher? I'm running a 25 shooter. I know that these Checkmate Enchanters do not "fly" as well as other boats. Today I felt a lot of "bouncing". Once I got her running around 4000 rpms she leveled out but at slower cruising speed ( i.e. family speed) it was a little rough. Thanks, Dave
    Dave, '84 Checkmate Enchanter, Evinrude 200XP

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I aint that smart so I know I couldn't have stumped you guys. 42 views but no replies. Oh yea, everyone's at the rumble. Well I raised the motor up about two inches today and experimented with trim and different settings. I think I was A) running too low on the jackplate, or B) not using enough trim, or C) BOTH. Could the lack of positive trim have cancelled out the effect of the added setback and caused the "bouncing"? Anyway, I got figured today. Just like cooking - a little of this and a little of that. I'll post some pics of my transome reinforcements later.
    Dave, '84 Checkmate Enchanter, Evinrude 200XP

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Engine heights

Dave I have a post that I suggested where to start with prop shaft heights and will E-Mail it to you but for some reason I can't pull it up on my hitman6563@aol.com E-Mail.... If you would E-Mail me at "Ask JSRE section " on Scream and fly I would be happy to send you the post........And maybe it will give you a starting point !

Jay @ JSRE
    Jay @ JSRE