Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Getting tired of this, hold on Chicago...

I really don't mind snow, and I can deal with the cold. Just got down cleaning my driveway for the umpteenth time in a week (that Tecumseh 5.5 hp 2-cycle makes me want to buy it a beer). But this is just starting to get old. Came in the house and had this e-mail from our mayor:

We just participated in a conference call with the National Weather Service (NWS) regarding ongoing winter weather through tomorrow evening and the potential for substantial rain and flooding later this week.

The NWS is continuing a Winter Weather Advisory for Lake County through noon on Wednesday. Snow is expected to continue, possibly mixing with or changing to sleet later this evening. An additional 3 to 6 inches of accumulation is possible between now and the time the precipitation ends late Wednesday morning.

No precipitation is expected during the day on Thursday, before the next developing storm system moves into our area late in the day. It is important to emphasize that we are still several days out, and although the major forecast models are relatively consistent, there may be some further changes to the forecast. This storm system is expected to begin late Thursday night as light sleet or freezing rain. Temperatures will warm overnight into Friday, with a change from frozen to liquid rain moving from south to north across Lake County during the late morning on Friday. Rain is expected to continue off and on through Saturday afternoon, when the system moves out and temperatures fall back below freezing.

Our significant concern with the storm system later this week is the potential for flooding. Forecasters described several "red flags" in their analysis that lead to heightened flood concerns. These "red flags" include the availability of substantial gulf moisture, expected dewpoints in the 50 degree range, around two inches of liquid equivalent already on the ground from previous snow and sleet accumulation, and the frozen ground underlying the snowpack that will increase the speed and volume of initial storm runoff. Forecasters described possible rainfall in excess of 2 to 3 inches and a possibility of thunderstorms with the storm system Friday night and Saturday.

Lake County Stormwater Management and Emergency Management will continue to carefully monitor the situation and will provide updates over the coming days. Our next update is planned for late afternoon on Wednesday, after the NWS forecast discussion updates are released.
    Ron V

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I believe that Mother Nature is punishing y'all for your roll in putting Obama in the Whitehouse. So I've been told, Mother Nature isn't so much against Obama, but she absolutely despises Hillary and when she was appointed/annointed Secretary of State the people of Chicago and New York were destined to 4 years of hellacious winters. Only possible relief will be if a change is made in Washington in 2012. Hell hath no fury like Mother Nature scorned.
    Membership upgrade options: http://www.screamandfly.com/payments.php

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raceman View Post
    I believe that Mother Nature is punishing y'all for your roll in putting Obama in the Whitehouse.
    AMEN
    2006 Action Marine Comp
    1980 Ventrua 2

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raceman View Post
    I believe that Mother Nature is punishing y'all for your roll in putting Obama in the Whitehouse.
    Oh. I thought the cause was that Obama had reversed global warming.
    Markus' Performance Boating Links:
    www.toastedmarshmallow.com/performance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow No not quite!!!!!!

But the Dems had their experts on Global Warming cooking the books on that too. Not really happening!!!!!! Chuck
    CHUCK & TRACY FREELAND

1990 25 Talon with twin Merc. 300XS's
    1983 Mako 21 with Merc. 225.
    www.Fullthrottlepowerboats.com

NEVER FORGET 9/11

Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cellphone, food stamps, section 8 housing, a six-pack of beer and he'll vote for a Democrat the rest of his life.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The snow here right now is ridiculous ...........I have minimum room to push snow on the farm fight now UNLESS I bring in enloaders to really push it back or to take it away. My driveway is about 300 yards long and the drifts have been a huge pain. Was out plowing last night...wet heavy snow got the truck stuck up to the windowshad to crawl out the window ....then spend the next 2 friggin hours diggin it out, and it still took a 2500 dually and a big A$$ chain to get it out.

Need to go to the back barn tonight with a 12 pak and just sit in the boats, warm the barn up to about 80 and relax
    God, Country, and Fast Boats
    SPECIAL BOAT TEAM 12/ HSB'S SOC NSWU-1

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have been covered with ice for several days now. Raining like hell right now with a temperature of 32* that is expected to drop to low 20's by 4:00. My driveway is also about 300 yards long and is solid ice. The road we live on is not well traveled and therefore not well maintained. They had an end loader scraping it this morning and it looked more like a Zamboni machine. Very nice finish, could've played hockey.

As far as Chicago goes, you need to figure out a way to keep all that water up there. We had our cabin under water 3 times last year with 2 of those times interfering with our river runs. Cut it out man.

Rock
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's pretty cold here too, and I'm getting tired of it. I don't think it's gonna hit 70 today.

Ló fasz racing
    Joe Horvath

In meinem geheimen unterirdischen Versteck, USSA
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jphii View Post
    I don't think it's gonna hit 70 today.
    Whats a 70?
    .......................................................................LETS STORM THE CASTLE BOYS!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be summertime for you

Ló fasz racing
    Joe Horvath

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in Michigan, EVERY winter it snows. It's a fact of life.

Typically what you do is you hike your skirt up and deal with it. If you don't like the weather where you live you can always move.

In meinem geheimen unterirdischen Versteck, USSA
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jphii View Post
    That would be summertime for you
    We have four seasons here, before winter, winter, after winter, and bug season.
    .......................................................................LETS STORM THE CASTLE BOYS!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing you can do about it. It has been pretty sunny here but damn cold. This is what happens when you forget that case of beer in the trunk for an hour.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The snow I can deal with and this is actually more like winters were here years ago before we had 15-20 years of mild ones. It's good to see people actually able to ride snowmobiles the last few years. But if it's gonna be cold, it needs to stay cold. 47 degrees and 2-3 inches of torrential rain on hard frozen ground that already has this snow on top of it would be a disaster. I'm OK where I live but there are some areas around here that got flooded last year. I can't imagine anything worse than having a house flood in the winter time. Have to hope and pray for the best I guess.
    Ron V

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But the good news is...... Its ALREADY the third day winter!!! Just 87 more to go...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast