Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

offshore single outboard class

Hi guys, here in the UK most of our offshore racing is with monohulls with single out boards of different sizes, is there anything stateside like this, ie: 21 foot boats with a 200hp motor? boats like the progression, superboat 21 legend etc?
    I think this on a 4-5 mile course with multiple layed bouys near the shore would be spot on!
    Any thoughts?

Paul

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

check Offshore circuit racing in the UK, there are some great vids on youtube. our boats are between 18-20 foot long with anything up to 150 hp (we used to race the 2ltr merc.s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wot View Post
    That's cool; I haven't seen much in the ocean under 24' w/the exception of a life raft -or- a PWC.

There's a guy in Ireland that make's 21' tunnel hulls w/Skater molds, he's on here I can't remember his name???

NOW! That would be VIDEO!

Skater
    alan power
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks like fun. bottle of "piss"in one hand and *** on the go.Can't see much of the back end but looks tidy. Why do outboard manufacturers show the great motors with wires and crap running everywhere? We did loads of re fits using "plastic" tubingwithout restricting cable movement. That was "down on the farm" so to speak in "rustick New Zealand" Never right us off, one of our blokes was the first to split the atom. Now where's me mushroom icon!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a great man, Theodore Roosevelt.Man Could we do with him,or someone like him today. Thanks for the Skater comment. When I came back from the US in 87/88? I brought back Skater Material I'd been given but no one wanted to know. It was all Scott Robson who now is well recognised. Garry G gave me the Mach Prop dealership for NZ but people did not responed or I didn't push hard enough. We all learn by mistakes, it's just admitting to them that is sometimes difficult! Maybe if we all give the "other man a chance we may see some advancement in this crazy world of ours,.Go for it President Obama. Now that should stir? things up. We like him here or the majority do. CU later Phil

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greate movie, loved it. Kiwi injenuity at its best. Rommel said in the desert was that he would rather meet the British or anyone else u[but the Kiwi's as if something wem[nt wrong with other forces equipment, unless the right spares were available then whatever it was would stay "broke". If it were the Kiwi's someone would find some wire and find a way round it.Living on Norfolk Island for over 2 years that attitude sure came in handy. Suply ship every month but planes TWICE a week from NZ! Throw your watch away and mobile. There's no service there. It's great.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has to be up there wiyh people like Sir Ed. Hillery, another Kiwi. Others spring to mind that would all 'get on" Sir donald Cambel, John Cobb, Stirling Moss, I gues the list would continue the more people involved in the "conversation" We can be greatfull to have lived in the same century as such fine men. Did you see the dome on those pistons! We had a pair of 14:1 Tryumph but had to pull them out. It got too expensive putting in new big ends and rods. It ran on ave gas and something but had to be started on something less volatile. Us boys from Beccles and BungaySuffolk England had some rivalry so concoctede some weird machines, some went some not. BSA Bantam 125 cc Ex royal mail nudged hi 70's but had two ignition systems as we got points bounce. Not good leaning down to flick the switch! Have you anything on power boating from the US? Thanks again. Phil

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How the heck could I have missed out one of our latest greats, sadly taken from us by cancer,Phil Brittain. Get the book on that man, you'll love it, so much like Burt you won't believe it. Chers again Phil

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Britten

Sorry "bout that. Such a long time away from things over here in Aussie. The name is John Britten and there is a web Faster & faster Britten V1000. There are down loads and dvd sales. It's well worth it. Scroll down till you get to the free qick story just to wet you're appitite. Cheers Phil

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you can still buy a Britten but you'd need DEEP pockets!! Regaurds Skaters in NZ I don't know. I tried to get people enthusiastic about them when I went home to NZ in 88/9 but was shot down by the Scott Robson fan club. Now I know they are there and winning races, funny that! Cheers. Glad you like the web on Mr Britten, only the good die young. Just before he died he became a Christian. I wonder if J.C is racing him now on a cloud?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the photo. What a great looking rig and how well those engines look to be set up.looks like she's flying a Kiwi flag too! Any more info? Cheers Phil

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks great but do you ever remember a "chopper" only just getting away from an offshore race boat as its skids got caught in the boats bow to screen line which stood about a foot off the deck. Now that was racing. No saying what today is not but "the older I get, The faster I was!!" Great racing and getting better as every year goes on and advances our greaqt sport> Phil.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Cheers. That I presume is the start but you're "adress is Long Island NY. all those trees in the background, where was that taken and where was the one with the boat flying a Kiwi flag racing? Thanks again Phil

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would that be the "Offshore" race held on Lake Taupo? It can be one of the hardest on your gear if it's rough as it's fresh water and has a very nasty "Chop". Did you know the lake was made millions of years ago in a huge volcanic explosion which sent god knows how many tons of rock into the atmospher, enough to create a new climate for ?? It's VERY deep to! Cheers Phil