User Tag List

Page 22 of 128 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 72 122 ... LastLast
    Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey

Me and my brother in law, Fastsafts took a quick ride in the bay and ran down a 26 velocity going out to the Mantoloking bridge. Dont you know he catches up in the slow speed area and say "Hey thats my old boat". How many people have owned this thing. He was sure cause of the plated transom and said he had a modvp on it. I know one of the previous owners had a modvp form Fuller Marine on it in the early 90's/ Small world.

PS his velocity was no challenge for my little tub even in a 2 foot chop.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    Sorry... I had Double Trouble was in the shop because a friend bought it from a guy in LK Hopatcong, who garaged the boat a number of years. My friend ran the hell out of it w/a bad transom, then sold it. I saw it in Greenwood Lk one time afterwards. Chris
    Sounds like my boat. My transom was all messed up when I got it. More incentive to go towrads twins
    Johnny Saris
    Driver-441 32 Cobra
    Saris Racing Engines
    World and National Champions
    www.facebook.com/TeamSaris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fast fun 2 View Post
    Sounds like my boat. My transom was all messed up when I got it. More incentive to go towrads twins
    DO IT!!!..............................I Did!!! It was like learning to drive a whole new boat. And the mystique of TWINS is Intoxicating!! Chris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi chris

DO IT!!!..............................I Did!!! It was like learning to drive a whole new boat. And the mystique of TWINS is Intoxicating!! Chris
    I loved Werners (Borderline) twin 21' , that boat was a kick, pin you in the seat acceleration,much more stable and ran straighter then a single engine 21,,, very controllable, ran in the 90's with the trim tucked in, you didn't have to fly the boat to get the big numbers, not as fast as your boat, but fast with stock power. the only thing you had to do is watch out for those big wakes, hitting one with that extra motor on the back was exciting to say the least,, one sand bag up in the bow helped alot,, I think Ins. on a twin 21' would be a little hard to get?????

Philip

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anthony from "Wazzup Racing" ran this Challenger in our poker run yesterday. The boat is very loud and fast. It has a 700 HP big block in it with an Imco shorty. He said he had it as fast as 105 yesterday.

David

2000 Powerplay Sportdeck

Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey

I believe my brother in law knows Anthony. Would love to see the boat sometime this summer. Will be boating in the Mullica sooner or later.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If i do ittl have a set of tabs on the back...but Im going to try to this winter
    Johnny Saris
    Driver-441 32 Cobra
    Saris Racing Engines

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey John
    I got to drive Double Trouble on the Hudson and ran it as fast as it could go over some barge wakes a number of times. I was showing Chris's friend how to drive it cause he had no idea. The boat ran and handled great and they don't need tabs. With two drives the input is very responsive. Just trim it down and it will go down. Also with twins on a small boat like that when you feather off the gas just before barking the props its amazing how well you can control the attitude of the boat. If you got another engine to match yours go for it, bolt it on.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by philip12 View Post
    I loved Werners (Borderline) twin 21' , that boat was a kick, pin you in the seat acceleration,much more stable and ran straighter then a single engine 21,,, very controllable, ran in the 90's with the trim tucked in, you didn't have to fly the boat to get the big numbers, not as fast as your boat, but fast with stock power. the only thing you had to do is watch out for those big wakes, hitting one with that extra motor on the back was exciting to say the least,, one sand bag up in the bow helped alot,, I think Ins. on a twin 21' would be a little hard to get?????

Philip
    Hey Phil! When my friend had Double Trouble, he put two sandbags up in the nose to keep the bow down. It kept the bow down alright.... so down, that when he stuffed the damn thing, the bags exploded and the inside of the the boat looked like a Beach !!! Then it rained real hard..... what a goddam mess. I put the batteries in front of the footrests in my boat. Chris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesGang View Post
    Hey John
    I got to drive Double Trouble on the Hudson and ran it as fast as it could go over some barge wakes a number of times. I was showing Chris's friend how to drive it cause he had no idea. The boat ran and handled great and they don't need tabs. With two drives the input is very responsive. Just trim it down and it will go down. Also with twins on a small boat like that when you feather off the gas just before barking the props its amazing how well you can control the attitude of the boat. If you got another engine to match yours go for it, bolt it on.
    You dont want the extra weight of tabs on the transom. They're not necessary. The problem w/twins on a 21' occurs when you have 4 passengers in the boat in rough water.... the handling gets piggy. There is still plenty of power, but its not nimble like we're used to. Kind of "Like a Searay" chris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey John
    If i can find another 2.5 200 20 inch mid..I willhas to be right hand tho..i have a left
    Johnny Saris
    Driver-441 32 Cobra
    Saris Racing Engines

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Chris you forgot to tell the best part of the story. The way I heard it. At the end of the weekend they took the boat to the car wash to vacuum out the sand and the guy who owned the place told them they didn't need a vacuum, they needed a couple beach chairs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Chris you forgot to tell the best part of the story. The way I heard it. At the end of the weekend they took the boat to the car wash to vacuum out the sand and the guy who owned the place told them they didn't need a vacuum, they needed a couple beach chairs.
    You're right Jim.... I forgot that part, that was some funny $hit

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey guys what kinda props are you running on your boats? i`m running a 26 trophy plus gets my bow up nice,little slow out the hole.i`m runnig 77ish full of fuel and three head.i`m down 200 rpm not to worried about that. any suggestions would be cool thanks Donnie. oh yeah you guys still coming to oc for the races
    1983 shadow 1997 3litre mad efi SOLD

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im racing in OC, Saris Racing Engines..come say hello!
    I really like the REV 4, good bow lift and tons of wholeshot.
    Johnny Saris
    Driver-441 32 Cobra
    Saris Racing Engines

Page 22 of 128 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 72 122 ... LastLast