Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

GM and Ford

I been reading there in a money crunch but havent seen any effort to resolve there problems .Wounder what the top Ceo and Exc are Still getting for saleries and the production cost are way over board compared to the Forign Us built cars.Do they realize nobody can afford price of NEW cars these days and they still keep flooding the market.I really wounder if the people running the show know what there doing ,and do they care about the survival of this company or filling there pockets with money before it goes under ,seems like they are same people that were running the failed lending companies.
    20 SHADOW 300+ V8

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MY son works for GM hope they pull their head from their keester before they have to shut down dealerships ....

Jay
    Jay @ JSRE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahahahaha this thread should get interesting. I can't wait to read the foreign vs domestic argument, can't wait to read that the automotive industry doesn't affect you because you dont live in michigan, gm and ford quality sucks, their overpaid lol

this one should be fun.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY View Post
    hahahahaha this thread should get interesting. I can't wait to read the foreign vs domestic argument, can't wait to read that the automotive industry doesn't affect you because you dont live in michigan, gm and ford quality sucks, their overpaid lol

this one should be fun.
    O and dont mention the dreaded U word (Union) opps did I say that
    20 SHADOW 300+ V8

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GM is scheduled to run out of money by the end of the year. Ford wants another 50 billion loan from Uncle Sam. The public groans.
    Exxon has record profits off a 10.8% margin.The public is outraged.

Americans sure are a contradictory bunch.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RED ALERT View Post
    GM is scheduled to run out of money by the end of the year. Ford wants another 50 billion loan from Uncle Sam. The public groans.
    Exxon has record profits off a 10.8% margin.The public is outraged.

Americans sure are a contradictory bunch.
    I Do my part and drive American Trucks when I was young going to Detroit and see the factories was the real deal!!!!! Mr Henry Ford was an example of the American dream Really doing something. Now we have Wall Street Nazi Pelosi and the commodity traders!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY View Post

this one should be fun.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe they should use my tax money to bail out companies that have $40+ dollar an hour floorsweepers and a "30 year and your out" full pension plan that adds an extra $1200.00 to every vehicle they sell.

My whole fleet is Ford but I have held off buying any replacement vehicles partially due to Ford's advertising in Gay magazines.

They [Ford] just recently, along with McDonalds decided that joining the "Culture War" has cost them a lot of money from conservatives. Both have assured Conservative groups that they have learned their lesson.

McDonalds went so far as to fire the board member who had them contribute to some of the SF militant Gay groups.

My company is non union and I am going to stick with non-UAW products from now on since buying their vehicles is like "The Pig giving a gift card to the Butcher".

When the union auto mfgs get their prices and quality under control and quit supporting radical policies like the Union card check act, I might go back to supporting their companies.

Sorry if this affects your families, but it can affect our families also.

"Confidence" is that wonderful feeling you had right before you fully understood your true situation.- Unknown
    I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.- Duke of Wellington
    “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.-Douglas MacArthur

Allison GSE 300XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JR IN JAX View Post
    I don't believe they should use my tax money to bail out companies that have $40+ dollar an hour floorsweepers and a "30 year and your out" full pension plan that adds an extra $1200.00 to every vehicle they sell.

My whole fleet is Ford but I have held off buying any replacement vehicles partially due to Ford's advertising in Gay magazines.

They [Ford] just recently, along with McDonalds decided that joining the "Culture War" has cost them a lot of money from conservatives. Both have assured Conservative groups that they have learned their lesson.

McDonalds went so far as to fire the board member who had them contribute to some of the SF militant Gay groups.

My company is non union and I am going to stick with non-UAW products from now on since buying their vehicles is like "The Pig giving a gift card to the Butcher".

When the union auto mfgs get their prices and quality under control and quit supporting radical policies like the Union card check act, I might go back to supporting their companies.

you're uneducated on this subject

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

????

Quote Originally Posted by JR IN JAX View Post

I completely understand the way you feel about the union situation but I thought you were joking when you said you will not buy a Ford because they advertise in gay media.... That is hilarious!!!!!

What does someones sexual orientation have to do with your family, you can put homosexual's all around me and my family because i am confident that i can raise my child and believe in her to make her own decisions...

The other thing is throughout my life i have known and even been friends with gay people and i can not remember if i ever knew of an individual that was gay and poor... Most were well adjusted succesfull business people which means they had MONEY to buy cars and other things so i do not blame Ford for trying to sell to them because last time i checked there money spends the same as all of your conservative money!

Shaun

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Torrente View Post
    last time i checked there money spends the same as all of your conservative money!

Shaun
    why does not liking gays automatically make him conservative? give me a f'n break.
    > Stainless steel Merc cowling plates - $110 shipped TYD - LINK <

1979 16' Action Marine/2.5L Merc S3000 - Metalflake Maniac
    1984 18' Contender Tunnel/2.4 Merc Bridgeport

"Where does the love of God go, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    why does not liking gays automatically make him conservative? give me a f'n break.

He implied in his post he was conservative

"They [Ford] just recently, along with McDonalds decided that joining the "Culture War" has cost them a lot of money from conservatives. Both have assured Conservative groups that they have learned their lesson."

NO Give me a F'N BREAK
    Shaun
    Last edited by Shaun Torrente; 11-08-2008 at 12:36 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My bad...

On a related note, its amusing to me that california is arguably the most liberal state in the union, and just banned gay marriage.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    My bad...

On a related note, its amusing to me that california is arguably the most liberal state in the union, and just banned gay marriage.

I think that there is a distinction between the 2... Marriage to me has to do with a church and set of religous beliefs, it is my opinion that they should have the same rights under law (taxes, visitation in a hospital etc..) but not necessarily be "married"... On a personal note i think that they should have to be as miserbal as the rest of us married people

My overall point is that i try not to get caught up in the bs of life... what i mean by that is why should i care if there is an ad for a ford in a magazine that i will never read, there are to many other things that should effect my decision on what car to buy

Only on S&F can a post about cars turn into a moral argument!!!
    Shaun

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree. I don't care what they do, but when they start rubbing it in the faces of regular people is where it pisses me off. I don't push my agenda on other people, and I don't want people pushing theirs on me... It's a shame that the Neo-cons have hijacked the right, they cast a bad shadow on all of us.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast