Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lifeline question

i've been planning on buying one but this 20% off thing that scott mentioned has moved up the schedule. is there anywhere besides the lifeline website that i can see a better description of the various jackets. i like the looks of the #160 and #170 but not sure of the difference. i'm just lake/river riding at speeds in the 90's, hopefully a little more in the near future. don't really want to go to the full race version. it's a little bulky for cruising. thanks
    Erik Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eric,

I bought a pleasure jacket from them last year and had the same questions. I honestly don't remember the detailed answer, but they were VERY helpful when I called them. Call them they will set you up. The pleasure jacket is pretty nice. Lots of adjustment in it as well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XSive View Post
    Eric,

I bought a pleasure jacket from them last year and had the same questions. I honestly don't remember the detailed answer, but they were VERY helpful when I called them. Call them they will set you up. The pleasure jacket is pretty nice. Lots of adjustment in it as well.

96' STV Euro

Smarta$$ of the
    Sunshine Syndicate,

How to upload pics (click here)

Quote Originally Posted by jphii View Post
    Well then, give her a $50 bottle of booze and don't let her know about the hookers, or what you spend on them
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    oh no. i just realized I am the voice of reason on a thread. i am so done, RIP 1Bad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jacket

i was gonna call them monday or tuesday but i like instant gratification. hey bill, did you get the 160 or 170. how's the xr coming. mine went 95.0 last weekend. still need to get another computer so i don't have to deal with the rev limiter.
    Erik Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I believe the 170 has heavier straps, and impact protection. It is also certified for competition.

Pete
    Living in the Freedom provided by Bud Conner and his fellow warriors.
    R.I.P. my Heathen Brother

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patchesII View Post
    i was gonna call them monday or tuesday but i like instant gratification. hey bill, did you get the 160 or 170. how's the xr coming. mine went 95.0 last weekend. still need to get another computer so i don't have to deal with the rev limiter.
    I got the 160. I like it.

The XR is back to the point I thought it was when I bought it and is being made ready for sleep....winter. I had it in and had a custom cover made. It is great!!!! I'll send you some pics.

Give Eric Simon a call re: computer. He REALLY helped me out this week with injector issues. He's A+ in my books. Tell him I referred you. I doubt that will get you a deal, but at least he is aware of refferals then.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

decisions

I believe the 170 has heavier straps, and impact protection. It is also certified for competition.
    i was thinking the 160 but now i'm thinking 170. at least i have a little while to make up my mind. thanks ya'll for the quick answers
    Erik Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to bring back an ancient thread, but I'm in the exact same boat. I can't decide if I should get the 160 or the 170. I'm in an Allison bass boat with a 280. You all know how fast they go. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
    99 XB2003, 2.5 280 - SOLD
    91 Hydrostream Voyager, 225 PM - SOLD

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zatchmo View Post
    Sorry to bring back an ancient thread, but I'm in the exact same boat. I can't decide if I should get the 160 or the 170. I'm in an Allison bass boat with a 280. You all know how fast they go. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
    I got the compvest 170 and I love it. It really doesn't feel bulky at all. The new compvest 170 in no where near as bulky as the old ones that you see a lot of people wearing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patchesII View Post
    i've been planning on buying one but this 20% off thing that scott mentioned has moved up the schedule. is there anywhere besides the lifeline website that i can see a better description of the various jackets. i like the looks of the #160 and #170 but not sure of the difference. i'm just lake/river riding at speeds in the 90's, hopefully a little more in the near future. don't really want to go to the full race version. it's a little bulky for cruising. thanks
    Eric,,,I'm sure you've probably seen my 170 before, but it has an added bonus other than being a really nice jacket. You can always put it and your helmet on your wife when she pisses you off.

For real though, I really like mine and I wore it a lot with making all the races and the testing we did. I don't think you can go wrong.

Oh yeah, make sure you get them to custom make it to match your boat, like I did! Only way to FLY!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to get one of those pleasure jackets. I've got a race jacket.....great protection but not very comfortable.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nealxb2003 View Post
    I need to get one of those pleasure jackets. I've got a race jacket.....great protection but not very comfortable.
    I am looking at the #160 Nitro pleasure. I plan on getting a pair of them. What exactly, makes these expen$$ive vests USCG NOT approved? Why aren't they approved? This means I will need to carry extra vests in the boat. If you have any personal experience with these Full Throttle Onyx inflatable vests I would sure like your opinion on them:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41o-j6azYmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	253295http://www.amazon.com/Onyx-Automatic.../dp/B005KKWSLOThanks in advance.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The approval process is expensive, and would add to the already high cost.
    Living in the Freedom provided by Bud Conner and his fellow warriors.
    R.I.P. my Heathen Brother

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4fiddyR View Post
    If you have any personal experience with these Full Throttle Onyx inflatable vests I would sure like your opinion on them:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41o-j6azYmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	253295http://www.amazon.com/Onyx-Automatic.../dp/B005KKWSLOThanks in advance.

Pretty comfy but hard as hell to inflate when unconscious!!!

I bought 2 #170 vests last year and love them. I wear them ALL the time. If you are looking for another jacket for just cruising, at least get something that will stay on you and hold you right side up if you get knocked out. Weird things happen all the time even at slow speeds
    My 2 cents!