Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E-tec 150 Ho Vs.175 Pro Xs,shocking!!!

HEY GUYS, Many of you know I am a E-TEC fan, however I do like cerain Optimax models also,ie.200,pro xs,etc....anyways, on bass boat central a couple guys who have played with the setup on their 2008 Bass cat sabres with 175 pro xs's have been excited about 66-68mph speeds, well I got a update today and one of my customers with a box stock and factory setup Sabre FTD with a 150 HO and dinged prop is only 1mph behind the 175 pro xs!!!! To me that is killer, heres why, 150ho=162-165hp, 175 pro xs=188-192hp advertised, granted the etec has the lower restirciton lower unit stock,but how can their be hardly a difference in top speed be so close? Im having the big wigs at BRP work on a new idea, well probably not a new idea, but a 175 HO, a 200 E-TEC 2.6liter,with the Lightning lower unit and the 175HO graphics, why not give the PRO XS a run for its money, it should be simply since the 200 smallie is not a strong motor for its rating, so i falls really close to the 10%above 175 rating, I think the 18foot bass boat crowd,smaller center console crowd and the flats guys would love the option, PLEASE GUYS/GALS ANY THOUGHTS OR OPINIONS ON THE 175 HO,PLEASE SHARE, I WILL PASS THEM ALL ON TO BRP......THANKS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am up for it!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are these new HOs V6s or fours??

Would be nice to have a pair of HOs, 150s or 175s, if they where lightweights?
    INXS

88 Checkmate/Starflite/225 Johnson
    Member, The Paul Revere Society
    Always Live Life In Excess

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by bworner View Post
    HEY GUYS, Many of you know I am a E-TEC fan, however I do like cerain Optimax models also,ie.200,pro xs,etc....anyways, on bass boat central a couple guys who have played with the setup on their 2008 Bass cat sabres with 175 pro xs's have been excited about 66-68mph speeds, well I got a update today and one of my customers with a box stock and factory setup Sabre FTD with a 150 HO and dinged prop is only 1mph behind the 175 pro xs!!!! To me that is killer, heres why, 150ho=162-165hp, 175 pro xs=188-192hp advertised, granted the etec has the lower restirciton lower unit stock,but how can their be hardly a difference in top speed be so close? Im having the big wigs at BRP work on a new idea, well probably not a new idea, but a 175 HO, a 200 E-TEC 2.6liter,with the Lightning lower unit and the 175HO graphics, why not give the PRO XS a run for its money, it should be simply since the 200 smallie is not a strong motor for its rating, so i falls really close to the 10%above 175 rating, I think the 18foot bass boat crowd,smaller center console crowd and the flats guys would love the option, PLEASE GUYS/GALS ANY THOUGHTS OR OPINIONS ON THE 175 HO,PLEASE SHARE, I WILL PASS THEM ALL ON TO BRP......THANKS
    This is a stupid comparison. John Doe says his boat goes 65, I drove one with a smaller motor and it goes 64. So what? S[peedos are way off, is this GPS, what about loads.

The BRP might be a nice motor, but don't make vague comparisons with complete unknown and expect to be taken seriously.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

175 Ho

Theres been some discussion of this already

WET PICKLE RACING

The "UNracerxOFFICIAL"
    Home of the fastest Emission Outboard
    Motors on the planet

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey ETEC1 nice to hear from you

Xs guy I have nothing to lie about speeds,all speeds were recorded via lowrance or hummingbird! Is it that the Merc guys don't like hearing this? I'm not starting a drama I found it interesting,and with the huge numbers of interested people in the etec it makes since to let people know they are no slouch. We even did a side by side test of 19footers with 200 opti vs. 200 ho,I was driving the merc,results were more dramatic at the end, but no reason to get guys excited. Hey etec 1,eric olson is working on the 175 ho concept,I know it was disscused last year but it will sell and be very efficient to build and certify. So are you done runnin this year? I was wonderin if I could ask you some questions on motors off of here? My cell is 920 295 2069. Email-worner_brannon@yahoo.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that is a cool idea!

Small block light weight etec with the good gearcase. No belts, no pumps!

Why isn't this in the line yet!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A 175HO E-Tec vs 175XS Merc
    would be the equivilant to the
    250HO E-Tec vs 250XS Merc.

Result E-Tec

Merc

========================================================

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liquid only us guys that are not crazy or in denial know that......Im workin my ass of for this too happen, I fell the Allison guys,flats guys, bass boat guys,heck even the performance boaters ie.Hydrostream would love this concept......So Liquid let your contacts know how good of an idea this is......Thanks Brannon

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now BRP/Evinrude has a 3.4L 300hp two stroke, I would like to see BRB/Evinrude should bring back the two stroke V8 maybe a 4.0L 350hp or 400HP that would be realy cool. I'm looking to buy a 1980's 22'-24' Boston whaler outrage I think there far superior to the newer ones made by bayliner, I would love to mount a single nice simple a powerfull 350HP to the transome.
    Yamaha 350HP = to big and heavy also don't like four strokes to many parts.
    Varado 350HP = way to complicated, too many parts, also in development they started the same engine size at 400HP and blew heads, I would think just a 50HP decrease would only make this motor good for 100 hours or so, not my idea of money well spent.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran a boat identical to mine. I have the 90hp carbed old school 2 stroke, he had the 115 etec Ho. I killed him by a good 20 mph. true story
    I'm currently boatless

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bworner View Post
    To me that is killer, heres why, 150ho=162-165hp, 175 pro xs=188-192hp advertised, granted the etec has the lower restirciton lower unit stock,but how can their be hardly a difference in top speed be so close?

How is it possible for a 165hp outboard to be as fast as a 192hp outboard, given equal loads, hulls and setup? Someone's numbers aren't right.
    '08 SRV
    Yamaha 3.1 Phase III

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what does the HO weigh?
    why ask me ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NNT View Post
    I ran a boat identical to mine. I have the 90hp carbed old school 2 stroke, he had the 115 etec Ho. I killed him by a good 20 mph. true story
    If what you have said in your previous post is accurate then your post above is a classic contradiction.

=======================================================

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Seems that the 1st NNT post was deleted. Pity the 2nd NNT post didn't end up in the trash bin as well. Oh now I know, its a joke or as you say "a bit of fun not to be taken seriously" Yeh we know a 90hp is way faster than a 115HO on the same boat. Really funny if you have a warped sense of humour.
    =========================================================

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast