User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonik View Post
    Well Pete,
    I'm not beyond saying it was driver error......
    Not saying it was, just tellin ya how they act, and what sensations to look for. I was saying that usually it's when you back off too fast, sounds like your not, but the nose will still want to be light even when you back off easy, so bumping the trim down is a good idea.
    Living in the Freedom provided by Bud Conner and his fellow warriors.
    R.I.P. my Heathen Brother

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Its all good Pete!!! I know there was no implication of lack of ability. .....I always appreciate your input! Seat time....seat time...seat time. Would a prop that provides too much bow lift for a light hull compound any kiting issues when coming off the throttle?? I do know that it ran much closer to neutral trim after the height adjustment.

I also have a trim leakdown problem that surfaced after the runs. Reservoir was a little low and added 4-5 oz of fluid which helped but didn't fix it. It will go from trailer to trim in 15 minutes but takes a couple hours to go full down. Cycled up and down several times and checked manual release as well. Its a 3 wire square pump unit which I hear isn't worth fixing if its not something simple. Doesn't appear to drop any faster under power. I was worried about going full negative at speed so I threw in limiters in to keep it from going any further than about 2-4 degrees negative.
    Last edited by Sonik; 08-12-2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: more info
    1976 Hydrostream Viper - 2.5 EFI
    Resto Thread Here
    2010 Go-Pro Stuff

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." -G. K. Chesterton

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonik View Post
    Its all good Pete!!! I know there was no implication of lack of ability. .....I always appreciate your input! Seat time....seat time...seat time. Would a prop that provides too much bow lift for a light hull compound any kiting issues when coming off the throttle?? I do know that it ran much closer to neutral trim after the height adjustment.

I also have a trim leakdown problem that surfaced after the runs. Reservoir was a little low and added 4-5 oz of fluid which helped but didn't fix it. It will go from trailer to trim in 15 minutes but takes a couple hours to go full down. Cycled up and down several times and checked manual release as well. Its a 3 wire square pump unit which I hear isn't worth fixing if its not something simple. Doesn't appear to drop any faster under power. I was worried about going full negative at speed so I threw in limiters in to keep it from going any further than about 2-4 degrees negative.
    If the trim is weak, it could be tailing up as your backing off. The prop will definitely add to the kiting issue. Could be just a case of getting used to the sensation too (you back off, expect the boat to drop, nothing happens, so your perception may be that it's rising). Try the other props, probably will feel dead compared to the DAH, and be slower. My buddy Warren always says, "can't have too much bow lift"
    Living in the Freedom provided by Bud Conner and his fellow warriors.
    R.I.P. my Heathen Brother

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    time for a short shaft and some horsey power!!!!
    get a regular chopper and turn the jack plate around.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jeff i just got my hands on the same boat same floor problems like your pics on the repairs

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23