Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SUPPORTING VENDOR Question

Any supporting vendors here wanna sell me some parts and pieces for a Mercrusier inboard/outboard 140 horse ? I need to completely rebuild the motor and need new Starter, Fuel pump, all new gaskets, bellows, etc....

Wanna check here first.

Thanks, Russ
    Russ Benton
    Allison XB-2003 w/JSRE Pro Max
    Allison XR-2001 w/260 +

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Very classy...

Quote Originally Posted by RB in NM View Post
    Any supporting vendors here wanna sell me some parts and pieces for a Mercrusier inboard/outboard 140 horse ? I need to completely rebuild the motor and need new Starter, Fuel pump, all new gaskets, bellows, etc....

Wanna check here first.

Thanks, Russ
    on your part Russ.
    Gary
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Classy,,,,, don't kno nuthing bout that,,, I do clean up purdy good sumtimes tho'................

Apreciate the kind words my friend.! Jus' trying to take care of those who take care ov' us. We got some gooden's on here.

Russ
    Russ Benton
    Allison XR-2001 w/260 +

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wanna check here first.

Thanks, Russ
    love to help, Do you have a parts list? P M Me or my contact info is in my signature I will need s/n and a list of parts
    Thank you
    Phillip
    Phillip

phillip@pkmarine.com

E-Mail, E-Mail, E-Mail

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're on your way!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alrighty then...!!!

I'll send ya a PM in the morning, I need to retrieve the serial number first.
    I need a basic rebuild kit, bearings, rings,gaskets,exhaust bellows,alternator, starter, fuel pump and lines.....points, condenser,,water pump... and probably a few other things my feeble mind can't recall right now..... I'll need to check the bore for any oversize, but I doubt it.

Yapp at ya as I get the serial number in hand.

Thanks Mirage243, I appreciate the offer as well BUd.

Thanks, Russ
    Russ Benton
    Allison XR-2001 w/260 +

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Russ, that sure is classy of you. Your support for this site and for our Supporing Vendors is very much appreciated. Thank you

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alrighty then...!!!

I'll send ya a PM in the morning, I need to retrieve the serial number first.
    I need a basic rebuild kit, bearings, rings,gaskets,exhaust bellows,alternator, starter, fuel pump and lines.....points, condenser,,water pump... and probably a few other things my feeble mind can't recall right now..... I'll need to check the bore for any oversize, but I doubt it.

Yapp at ya as I get the serial number in hand.

Thanks, Russ
    I am at the races in Jasper, it will be Monday before I can be able to get you some #s that is assuming you get the info before then, looking forward to helping you out get me the info when ever is good for you no rush.
    Thank You
    Phillip
    Phillip

phillip@pkmarine.com

E-Mail, E-Mail, E-Mail

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Russ
    Your welcome, I guess the "administrators" pulled my reply because I'm not a "supporting vendor". I guess that they've never seen one of my other countless replies to the same type request. I have done this numerous times on this site, at no profit, dead nut's dealer cost, plus freight, just to help members out.

I was young and bashful back then.
    Today,...I'd just knock on her door,..hand her the crab dope, and say, "Rub summa this on ya booger. I'll be back day after tomorrow".
    -Bristo

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Phillip,,, sent ya an email with all the info Bud !
    Thanks much.

preciate' the kinds words Gary and Greg.

Russ

wot----I could give a ratz azz about your negative opinions.
    Russ Benton
    Allison XR-2001 w/260 +

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mirage243 View Post
    Your welcome, I guess the "administrators" pulled my reply because I'm not a "supporting vendor". I guess that they've never seen one of my other countless replies to the same type request. I have done this numerous times on this site, at no profit, dead nut's dealer cost, plus freight, just to help members out.

It's none of my business but I can see why they deleted your reply. Not very fair to the supporting vendors that pay to be here and have to make a profit to exist to have someone who is not a supporting vendor come along and cut them out. I have sold items on here as a non vendor myself, but only after someone has been looking for an item several days with no replys, in this case I will state that I have what they need not so much to help myself but to help the person looking for the part.

My 2 cents

Lee

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lee, I hate to disagree with you,

I talked to you a couple of times at Jasper this last weekend. I believe this site was created for the love of the sport, and folks paying an additional fee and making a profit is a side benefit.

Bill is a lover of the sport, and even though he is in the business, if he is selling a part for no profit, then he is just like me or any other person that has something to sale to benefit another racer.

Just my 2 cents.

As I mentioned to you, I still want your PCU when you are ready to sale it.

Scott

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mirage243 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Props4U2
    It's none of my business but I can see why they deleted your reply. Not very fair to the supporting vendors that pay to be here and have to make a profit to exist to have someone who is not a supporting vendor come along and cut them out. I have sold items on here as a non vendor myself, but only after someone has been looking for an item several days with no replys, in this case I will state that I have what they need not so much to help myself but to help the person looking for the part.
    Y'know Bill, it's really a simple thing and shouldn't cause any confusion, and yes, you're right, similar posts in the past must've been overlooked. If it's personal surplus and aquired for personal use on your own boat, then it's fine to offer it for sale here. Any other type of listing, whether traded for, brought home from work, sold at no profit or even loss from a business, listed for a friend or any other reselling or non-personal reason requires Supporting Vendor status to be offered for sale here. If you sell something that amounts to anything other than personal surplus, then it directly competes with the SV's and violates our posting rules to do it here. Anything less is unfair to the people who DO register as SV's.
    Membership upgrade options: http://www.screamandfly.com/payments.php

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I can tell that I will probably be pulled...

from Scream and Fly, but Raceman, you're criteria of "Any other type of listing, whether traded for, brought home from work, sold at no profit or even loss from a business, listed for a friend or any other reselling or non-personal reason requires Supporting Vendor status to be offered for sale here", flies in the face of trying to help fellow boaters.

If someone is selling at no profit to a fellow boater, for whatever reason, and is paying to be a member of Scream and Fly, like I am, then I think the ruling body of Scream and Fly needs to reconsider the rules.

Sure, Supporting Vendors may be paying more (I do not know), but they are making a profit.

Scott

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gselite2000 View Post
    from Scream and Fly, but Raceman, you're criteria of "Any other type of listing, whether traded for, brought home from work, sold at no profit or even loss from a business, listed for a friend or any other reselling or non-personal reason requires Supporting Vendor status to be offered for sale here", flies in the face of trying to help fellow boaters.

If someone is selling at no profit to a fellow boater, for whatever reason, and is paying to be a member of Scream and Fly, like I am, then I think the ruling body of Scream and Fly needs to reconsider the rules.

Sure, Supporting Vendors may be paying more (I do not know), but they are making a profit.

Scott
    Scott, there's nothing new in all this, and the rules are clearly posted at the top of all the pages in the Buy & Sell Marketplace. Here's a part of the post:
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________
    The classifieds section is a service for all forum members for personal use. Non-sponsor, commercial listings are not permitted here, or on any other section of these forums.

We value the support of our paying advertisers, and we must protect their investment in Scream And Fly. We ask that forum members respect their investment as well. All non-advertiser commercial listings will be locked and/or removed.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________

There's just no way to have random "it's okay" in some situations when it's convenient and not in others type guidelines and have any level of fairness to anybody involved. A majority of my moderatin' type time here is spent dealing with buy & sell issues. Every day we get reports of all kinds of posts that don't fit the rules, sometimes from SV's, but more often now from other members. You'd be amazed how many times I pull an ad and send somebody a PM and get an irate response back from the advertiser explaining to me how we should be grateful that they're doing S & F members this great favor by offering their stuff for sale here. A prime example is a person who listed 8 engines here this year and never made a post outside of buy & sell. When his ads were pulled he was livid and sent an extrememly hostile response. He explained that we should be appreciative of his services, since he bought and sold stuff from his garage that he could do it cheaper than any dealer and so it was just an added perk that "WE" were able to offer our members.

We try as hard as humanly possible to treat everybody the same way. If you were a hobbyist, just buyin' and sellin' some stuff on the side to support your boating habit, and registered as an SV, even though you didn't have a formal business as such, you'd expect the same level of compliance from non registered sellers. Again, it's only fair.

Russ, I'm sorry your post here seems to have turned into a debate on posting appropriatness. It's really appreciated when members give the Supporting Vendors first look when needing something.
    Membership upgrade options: http://www.screamandfly.com/payments.php

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast