Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was also a 2 cyl 40, the 2 cyl motors were basically the same as older Mariner Outboards (80s to 90s Yamaha made the 40 hp and under Mariners and Mercury made the over 40 hp mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by xr1million View Post
    Yea they made a 3 cyl from '87 to 2002 on and off (but only in a 15" like 3 or 4 years). But they also have/had a 2 cyl. 30 for a few years.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flivers are not very fast boats for there size owned several older models the bigest engine I put on it was a merc 1100 short shaft nobody had the guts to try it. I'm the guy that posted the picture of it with the side covers off just to prove it had a powerhead under the covers. The bigest engine I tried was a Mark 55A if I remember rite it was 45 hp the boat did a max of about 40-42 mph. But that was 1966-67. I really don't think your going to get much over 45 out of a newer lower hp engine. But for a fun boat with a lite 20-25 hp engine you can't beat em.

My two cents
    jon b

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any updates? If the guy with a 25hp outboard on a 8ft seadoo XP hull can run 50, why cant a fliver?
    I'd love to find a fliver to play with. There has got to be a motor/prop combination that works...the old sport C boats would run 60 or so I think with 25-35hp OMCs i was thinking.
    Jason
    Outboard Junkie

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    yea whats the deal???? where the new pics and video ????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeRacer99 View Post
    Any updates? If the guy with a 25hp outboard on a 8ft seadoo XP hull can run 50, why cant a fliver?
    I'd love to find a fliver to play with. There has got to be a motor/prop combination that works...the old sport C boats would run 60 or so I think with 25-35hp OMCs i was thinking.
    Sport C boat and a Fliver don't have a lot in common , especially the tiller steering deal .
    " The Fleet of Old Boats "

'73 -14' Orlando Clipper Skiff -Yamaha 25
    93- 18 ' Renegade Nomad Flats boat -Merc 150
    '94 - 21 ' Allison XB - 2003 -Merc 260
    '97 - 19 ' STV Euro - Merc - 260
    '99 Benninton 2375 TOONER - V-6- 2 liter 150 Mariner
    2001 Grady White 263 - Twin Yamaha 250 OX 66

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeRacer99 View Post
    Lightening boats is advertising new ones on Miami Craigslist. Rick

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well right now I'm at 34 mph on GPS at a constant 5850 rpm. (with a brief second at 5870)

On my prop slip calculator it looks like I am under 2% slip... not sure on the exact dimensions of the prop. I believe its 11" with some cupping.

Either 5850ish or 6000 is rev limit. Highest I have seen on the tiny tach is 5870,

The spare block is getting broken down completely tomorrow for some gentle messaging.

And my eyes are open for a new prop.
    Last edited by xr1million; 08-18-2009 at 08:34 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some updates:

Been out on 'er almost every weekend and has eneded up upside down about 8 times so far. Good thing for the Japs building good motors, she's still running strong!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roost.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	217449

It took 7 people to put it under and the current was still dragging it along.

Name:	sunk.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	217450

The new addition to the stable. Hot-su 50D for $300, some rusty bearings in the lower unit from about 6 miles of 60lbs fishing line behind the prop. Powerhead is in mint condition and runs good so far. Some new bearings should be in Friday and test runs coming saturday!

Name:	fliv 50.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	217451

Heres a video from out on the lake the other day. My buddy was driving for all except the submarines (he was in front then)... I couldn't get him off the thing!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeZECRdWCDg
    Last edited by xr1million; 09-21-2010 at 06:12 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Thanks for the vid...haven't laughed so hard in a while...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a huge ball but I could just see you loosing a leg at any moment................. stay careful bro'.

You never know what your faith is, until your faith has been truly tested.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks like a blast. If you feel "lucky", you might find a ramp somewhere [like there used to be at Lake Roy where I took jump lessons] and that flat hull should be a high flyer. Just be careful, my Brother's class C hydro sliced up his arm during a race when I was a kid.

"Confidence" is that wonderful feeling you had right before you fully understood your true situation.- Unknown
    I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.- Duke of Wellington
    “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.-Douglas MacArthur

Allison GSE 300XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to hit a ramp with it!!!! Just I think the Lightning PB glasswork needs some reinforcement first.
    We all have grown up racing dirtbikes and doing outrageous things, and are smart enough to understand the dangers and consequences.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xr1million View Post
    I would love to hit a ramp with it!!!! Just I think the Lightning PB glasswork needs some reinforcement first.
    We all have grown up racing dirtbikes and doing outrageous things, and are smart enough to understand the dangers and consequences.
    You sound like me.
    You need to do a bat-turn in my Allison for the "ultimate thrill". You'll pull more G's than a snap roll or a 7 turn spin. I had a friend who is an AF General tell me he had not pulled that many Gs piloting an F-15.

I don't do them as much anymore, since after getting older my shoulder hurts for a couple of weeks from being smashed into the side of the cockpit, even with a PFD on.

I also get a huge blood blister from my shoulder to my waist from the G force. It only takes a few of them [bat turns] for the crack at the rear handrail to come back [even after Jack Barsh repairs them].
    Last edited by JR IN JAX; 09-24-2010 at 07:29 AM.

"Confidence" is that wonderful feeling you had right before you fully understood your true situation.- Unknown
    I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.- Duke of Wellington
    “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.-Douglas MacArthur

Allison GSE 300XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look's like a blast. Two of my friends have flivers and never even use em. Might see if I can get my hands on one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got the Hot-su 50 together and on the boat for a test run before work. With the elephant ear prop that was on the motor when I bought it, it sits on the rev limiter damn near the instant I crack the throttle. Looking for a 17-19 pitch prop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuwXw...layer_embedded

CSD23, definitely try to get one of those boats! They are the funnest thing on the water!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast