Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75 horse Ignition problems

Ive got a 1999 Yamaha 75. Model number is 75tlrx. When doing a spark check when you first start cranking it will spark on cylinders 1 and 3 and then cut out. The power pack has been replaced and that did not take care of it. I have tested the pulser coil, and the resistance and voltage are within specs to what Ive always been taught (1-10volts, I had 9 volts) the seloc manual said 2.5 volts. the charge coils do not match exactly to the books specs, but the voltage is higher. I had been taught 100-300 and its within that range. I couldnt find a voltage spec for the crank position senser, but the resistance matches the books specs. I do have 8 volts out of it. The stop system doesnt seem to be the issue, ive taken it out of the system.
    This has really gotten me confused. I dont think its the charge coil because it will spark, from my experience when they go bad you have nothing. Im not sure if its the pulser because you would think it wouldnt spark at first crank. From the info I got at school it says the pulser coil determines the ignition timing when it is first started until the box is powered up. What powers the box? The 75 horse box is not powered by battery voltage. The pulse coil is only used for cylinder 1 and 3. the box controls cylinder 2. Im not to familiar with a crank position sensor. My studying of the system says the crank position sensor tells the computer when to fire the correct ignition coil.
    By the way, this is yamahas ymis system. Im sorry about the long post, Im just trying to be give as many details as possible. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What kinda of meter are you using,is the motor spining over fast enough?check all the grounds,if you have good voltage into the cdi and nothin out makes me wonder if cdi was new?maybe you could fill in your profile while your at it.
    21 SuperBoat VF200 Yamaha SHO
    Bender Clan memberEroshibend Yamamoto
    2015 King of the Cut
    2016 King of the Cut
    2017 King of the Cut💪

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im using a Mac Tools multi meter with a DVA. The motor is spinning over fast enough. All the grounds are good and clean. After reading alittle more and talking to a couple people were thinking its the crank sensor.