Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Stryker View Post
    Don't know about their trailers tires, but our fleet vans (electrical co.) run Coopers due to my boss being buddies and trading service for service with the tire store manager... They are by far and away the worst tires I have ever seen... Haven't had one go over 25,000 miles yet without the belt letting go, and out of seven vans they all have damaged fenders due to tire failures... There's always someone coming over the radio saying they have tire problems and need help... I've seen some passenger tires with OK results but plenty without good results too... In the field of 3/4-1ton vehicles, I have zero confidence based on the past 10 years with this company...

That is too bad. Back in the day they used to be some of the best tires in the industry. Like everything eles in the Country quality and service go down the price goes up! Good to know I will make sure not to buy coopers. I just want to support American workers you know?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD ASS BOAT View Post
    That is too bad. Back in the day they used to be some of the best tires in the industry. Like everything eles in the Country quality and service go down the price goes up! Good to know I will make sure not to buy coopers. I just want to support American workers you know?
    I absolutely agree with wanting to support the domestic, and I remember seeing and hearing of great results concerning Cooper tires... The car tires which could be used for trailer duty maybe fine, but my less stellar experiences are with the tires that go on C-20 and 3/4-1 ton vans..
    Kevin Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I absolutely agree with wanting to support the domestic, and I remember seeing and hearing of great results concerning Cooper tires... The car tires which could be used for trailer duty maybe fine, but my less stellar experiences are with the tires that go on C-20 and 3/4-1 ton vans..
    What about Michelins heard anything about them? Are they made in rice land?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BF Goodrich car tires, work great, never had a problem !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD ASS BOAT View Post
    What about Michelins heard anything about them? Are they made in rice land?
    Not sure about the Michelin as a whole, but I know some are made in France.. I have 265-16-75 E-rated Michelins on my truck, and they're French... I believe Michelin to be at or near the very best in automobile tires...

My boat trailer will get car/light truck tires next... Not sure of which brand I'll go with but as mentioned a set of BFG's would probably be a solid choice...
    Kevin Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure about the Michelin as a whole, but I know some are made in France.. I have 265-16-75 E-rated Michelins on my truck, and they're French... I believe Michelin to be at or near the very best in automobile tires...

My boat trailer will get car/light truck tires next... Not sure of which brand I'll go with but as mentioned a set of BFG's would probably be a solid choice...
    Good to know.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4