Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Att. Frank Mole

Eye 2 eye,whats faster,grand-sport or vegas given 330hp.i'm thinkin xb would b faster but interior's the same n shell's the same layout 4 layout the g.s. is the closets.I'm thinkin alli,maybe maybe not,107's impressive,i don't think skydog saw that in his g.s.close though n that was 260.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'm not Frank , But as impressive as his Vegas is I would think an Allison GrandSport of equal weight and HorsePower would be faster then the HydroStream . The Allsion should have less Aero Drag on it ,then the HydroStream . I've also noticed the Vegas seems to drag a sponson a little bit when running without an even load in it.Altough the Euro does the same thing ,and it doesn't seem to slow it down much .I guess the only way we'll ever know is to try it . Got a Boat and Motor ? Rich Martin 018

Ps , You may want to see what Zeimer has done with his , altough we don't usually set up for top end around here . There are some Allisons that will put up some numbers Pretty Quick .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know,thats the question thoough

Up top,well c what others got 2 say.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how bout s.s. ali

What u think bout that?or xb?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldnt it depend on the water?Glass or chop?Wouldnt the sponsons help the Vegas handle better in chop??The boat that you can handle would be faster.You know the answer Big Bore. Its always the Hydrostream!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by king gill View Post
    Wouldnt it depend on the water?Glass or chop?Wouldnt the sponsons help the Vegas handle better in chop??The boat that you can handle would be faster.You know the answer Big Bore. Its always the Hydrostream!!
    NOPE , At that point it's the Driver ! If you need to rely on the sponson to hold you up in a chop at that MPH , You got No Buisness running the boat ! Besides , who said an Allison want run in a chop ?

The Gs would be the better comparison to the Vegas , as they are both Recreational type boats With full interiors . An SS 2000 is more of a Comp boat . An Xb 03 my be a fair comparison , but not an Xb 02. Just my thoughts . Rich Martin 018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbore View Post
    Eye 2 eye,whats faster,grand-sport or vegas given 330hp.i'm thinkin xb would b faster but interior's the same n shell's the same layout 4 layout the g.s. is the closets.I'm thinkin alli,maybe maybe not,107's impressive,i don't think skydog saw that in his g.s.close though n that was 260.
    Can't confirm with 330hp...

but I do know with a stock 260 my Grand Sport has run 105. I'm no Vegas expert, but I'm pretty sure you ain't gonna get one to run that fast with a 260. Now I will say this, if you wanna go much faster than 105-106... the Vegas nor the Grand Sport is your boat.

As far as rough water ability, you won't find a better riding 20 ft. boat than a GS.
    2006 Spectre 24' SCS
    2020 Mercury 300 ProXS

2001 Allison XB2003
    2006 Mercury 250XS

1988 22' Velocity (sold)

1995 Allison Grand Sport (sold)
    1998 Mercury Stock 2.5-260 SS

1990 Velocity 30' - 502's (sold)

Go Daddy Go! Racing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    got me on that one but i think the VEGAS XT will handel more water...cant wait to see
    TRANSPORT SERVICE...UP TO 36 FEET....YOUR TRAILER OR MINE... FULLY INSURED...............
    DOT & CDL COMPLIANT $500,000.00 CARGO & 1 MILLION LIABILITY.

LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE, LESS CROWED BETTER VIEW
    ...............2022 3500 HD SILVERADO DUALLY 6.6 TURBO. 8 FT BED...LETS PULL IT.................

http://www.frankmoletransport.com/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RNM018 View Post
    NOPE , At that point it's the Driver ! If you need to rely on the sponson to hold you up in a chop at that MPH , You got No Buisness running the boat ! Besides , who said an Allison want run in a chop ?
    The Gs would be the better comparison to the Vegas , as they are both Recreational type boats With full interiors . An SS 2000 is more of a Comp boat . An Xb 03 my be a fair comparison , but not an Xb 02. Just my thoughts . Rich Martin 018
    I know this aint apples to apples but The Hst can handle chop better than an allison ..cant it???Its a 20 foot boat ,mine goes the same speed your talking about (106mph).That has training wheels to make it easy and a better ride.I dont have no Business going that fast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know this aint apples to apples but The Hst can handle chop better than an allison ..cant it???
    Get you a ride in an Allison, and let me know if you still feel this way. That HST might be an easier boat to drive, but...
    2006 Spectre 24' SCS
    2020 Mercury 300 ProXS

2001 Allison XB2003
    2006 Mercury 250XS

1988 22' Velocity (sold)

1995 Allison Grand Sport (sold)
    1998 Mercury Stock 2.5-260 SS

1990 Velocity 30' - 502's (sold)

Go Daddy Go! Racing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My buddy has a 2002 i think(bass boat) with a 280 ss,runs 102mph,I feel way safer on the water in my Hst at 90+ on 2 ft chop .Riding and driving,I relize I dont have alot of seat time in the Ally but Ive only had the HST a month. Ya its a bass boat and ya an Hst is not what this thread is about .But if a boat handles better you can drive it faster!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My buddy has a 2002 i think(bass boat) with a 280 ss,runs 102mph,I feel way safer on the water in my Hst at 90+ on 2 ft chop .Riding and driving,I relize I dont have alot of seat time in the Ally but Ive only had the HST a month. Ya its a bass boat and ya an Hst is not what this thread is about .But if a boat handles better you can drive it faster!!
    if your buddy with the 2002 is the XB2002 or XB02 whatever... shouldn't that run a hair better than 102 depending on setup with a 280??? If he's loaded for fishing no doubt... but those xbs have run up into the 120s... don't base your opinion of an ally on that speed and setup...
    -Duane
    Clarkson University Graduate (Finally)
    68/69 V-131(or 141?) Checkmate...

Quote Originally Posted by Raceman View Post
    This clown isn't qualified to be a janitor in my business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liqui-Fly View Post
    Only a libtard...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not basing it on anything.Im just saying how can a boat with multiple spots in the water on chop not be safer than one thats hangin???Wouldnt a heavy Bass boat handle rough water better.I realize we are not talking skater vs fountain but an allison is a light boat right???Isnt setup everything??Its not me driving but heres my well setup HST vs an ALLY???

Last edited by king gill; 08-21-2008 at 09:36 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=frank mole;1440715]got me on that one but i think the VEGAS XT will handel more water...cant wait to see [/QUOTE

My Vegas doesn't seem to handle rough water that great at all. It doesn't really have a sharp point to cut though the chop like a GS.
    Ian

...boatless for now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=imq707s;1440810]
    Quote Originally Posted by frank mole View Post
    got me on that one but i think the VEGAS XT will handel more water...cant wait to see [/QUOTE

My Vegas doesn't seem to handle rough water that great at all. It doesn't really have a sharp point to cut though the chop like a GS.
    i go over the chop
    TRANSPORT SERVICE...UP TO 36 FEET....YOUR TRAILER OR MINE... FULLY INSURED...............
    DOT & CDL COMPLIANT $500,000.00 CARGO & 1 MILLION LIABILITY.

LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE, LESS CROWED BETTER VIEW
    ...............2022 3500 HD SILVERADO DUALLY 6.6 TURBO. 8 FT BED...LETS PULL IT.................

http://www.frankmoletransport.com/

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast