Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karsten View Post
    You wont get that look with Awlgrip or even Gel....That is a Kustom Color Brandy Wine on the left and not sure the white.

Karsten

Balls

so what's the solution? Or best bet?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what's the closest I could get?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need A base Gel Color Coat, Clear Gel and fine Pearl or Metal Flake.

This will give you the Pearl you are looking for.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6oz-177ml-B....c100505.m3226

Karsten

4. Thanks 5NovemberTango thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice thread. Question for anybody who's got experience with the floors on these old Tahitis. I've got a 1973 Tahiti, and noticed in the center portion what looks to be a wooden floor. I'm assuming they put these in at the factory because of the deep vee hull so you have some sort of floor. Anyway, I just tore out the old carpet & factory interior and was going to replace the carpet and the seats. The wood is all rotted in the seat frames, so I was thinking of buying these pre fabbed seats on the internet and cutting the bases to fit the contours of the hull floor. But, where they had the old seat anchored to, there were some bolts.....i'm assuming some sort of lag screw.....that was keeping the seat bases in place. The bolts were all rotted away and the holes they were in are now 2-3 inches in diameter after pressure washing the hull. Whoever put these seats in also fiberglassed portions of the seat bases to the floor. I tore the bases away from the fiberglass to get them out. So my question is.....do I need to do something about these 4 holes, or should I just carpet over them and use a different place in the wooden floor to anchor the new seats to?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Creekrat View Post
    We have a sweet and all original 1972 Schuster Tahiti with a Merc 1400 that we purchased from the original owner who pampered it. We love it!

Thats the exact same boat I have. Mine is still the original green and silver gel coat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhonster View Post
    Nice thread. Question for anybody who's got experience with the floors on these old Tahitis. I've got a 1973 Tahiti, and noticed in the center portion what looks to be a wooden floor. I'm assuming they put these in at the factory because of the deep vee hull so you have some sort of floor. Anyway, I just tore out the old carpet & factory interior and was going to replace the carpet and the seats. The wood is all rotted in the seat frames, so I was thinking of buying these pre fabbed seats on the internet and cutting the bases to fit the contours of the hull floor. But, where they had the old seat anchored to, there were some bolts.....i'm assuming some sort of lag screw.....that was keeping the seat bases in place. The bolts were all rotted away and the holes they were in are now 2-3 inches in diameter after pressure washing the hull. Whoever put these seats in also fiberglassed portions of the seat bases to the floor. I tore the bases away from the fiberglass to get them out. So my question is.....do I need to do something about these 4 holes, or should I just carpet over them and use a different place in the wooden floor to anchor the new seats to?
    I had new seat bases made for my seats, carpeted them with the same carpet I used on the floor. It appears the original based were wrapped in vinyl that didn't breath so the wood could dry out.

As for the existing holes just fill them with caulk, Liquid Nails or what ever then use SS screws and L Brackets to secure the base to the floor. On the outside edge where the floor meets the hull you will find a fiberglass bracket or wooden block......Don't drill any screws there or you could go through the hull. 2 L Bracket on the front and rear of the base and 2 more on the inside edge of the base will hold it.

For added support there should be a couple holes in the inside Gunwale where you can run a couple lag bolts with washers into the wooden vertical seat back.

Karsten

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am interested in jumpstarting this Tahiti forum and want to gauge additional interest. I have a 1974 Tahiti with a Aq130c Volvo engine. I have completely restored the hull and interior. I have also rebuilt the engine recently. I’ve read the posts on this thread about the Schuster history however I have not seen anything specifically mentioned about the set up I have. Any feedback is appreciated.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7