User Tag List

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about the issue. For what it's worth, my boat handled and ran the absolte best with a factory CLE. It's still good with a Bob's cone 200, but I wish I had my CLE back.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Merc Lower with Bob's

Quote Originally Posted by moomba View Post
    Got the Lavey Tue afternoon. Spent a few hrs cleaning the Diesel and road soot off it. It looks just like the photos NICE. Did a complete nut and bolt check and noticed a crack in the skeg. I pulled the lower off last night and put on a 200 lower with a Bobs nose and LWPU that I had on my Hydrostream so I can run it this weekend. Im trying to get the gentleman that I bought the boat from to help me out on this deal. It had a 1993 CLE with a Bobs cone and LWP. What gear case should I put on this. The motor is a JSRE 260 with a 1993 260 mid.
    Any and all help would be great. Let me know if you have something that may work. I have had many pros and cons on welding the skeg.
    Thanks
    Merc Lower with Bob's is what mine had on it when I got it. It probably had a CLE with the 2.4 when it was new. Fast Eddie might know how it would run with a CLE. The only issue I had with the stock gear case with the Bob's pick up was the stock prop shaft. It is a fusion welded shaft that will eventually break under big power. I lost mine @ over 94 mph, I also lost the BORROWED 26 spinelli modified big ear Chopper along with it.
    My skeg was still intact after my propshaft broke and the boat just slowed down, no Drama.
    An stock OMC lowerunit is good up untill about 87 mph before blow out. Its a bit longer than a stock Mercury lower unit. Im sure somebody knows better than I but I here blow out is about 80 mph with a stock Merc lower. Of course how high the motor is will effect this. But as a general rule the prop shaft will be a bit lower on a Lavey than a real light weight boat.

Have fun!
    The $500 one pc propshaft is the way to go.
    L.T.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. Any more would be great

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hot setup

On mine a remote waterpick up would be nice. I have modified the stock intakes to get the water pressure I need. According To Stoker (who originaly designed this hull) a blue printed Bravo 1 is the wat to go. With the additional blade diameter the hull will lift with the engine jacked up higher. This is how he was rigging his new Stokers. I think he was in the low 90's with a 225 H.O. E-tec. Unfortunatly without a computer controlled engine this is supposed to be hard on the lower unit gears. Just alot of mass in that big prop I suppose. I ran a 30 pitch that was not blue printed and it was too much wheel. I did notice however that the bow would not drop upon hole shot with the trim up. I actually think this would be a great "Drag wheel" in a low pitch. Usually the bow breaks over and you have to wait for the hull to lift. I think the big diameter would carry the bow of the boat to reduce wetted surface, then as you picked up speed you might even have to trim down a bit ?

I E-Mailed Ed to see if he had any input.
    L.T.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaveyT View Post
    The only issue I had with the stock gear case with the Bob's pick up was the stock prop shaft. It is a fusion welded shaft that will eventually break under big power. I lost mine @ over 94 mph, I also lost the BORROWED 26 spinelli modified big ear Chopper along with it.
    Same thing happened to me. One piece shaft cost me $522 in 1997 but it was the best money I ever spent.

Moomba, you need a built case. I would highly recommend a case with a one piece shaft and a large bearing carrier. Best of luck.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first weekend

Finally got to take my Lavey out. Went to Lake Mojave for a few days.

The blue boat is my son in his (my old) Baker RST. Not his first time driving it but the first time he didn't have to ask for the keys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0097small.jpg   DSC_0027cropSmall.jpg   DSC_0071small.jpg   DSC_0262small.jpg   DadSonCropSmall.jpg  

96 Cougar 23 MTR twin 300XS's. 100 something
    98 Laveycraft Sebring 20.2 Tunnel 280 90 something SOLD
    85 Baker RST 220 Laser SOLD

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    with the Stoker we run one half turn down on the trim tabs,FYI!Boat looks good,enjoy!
    why ask me ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luv2gofast View Post
    Finally got to take my Lavey out. Went to Lake Mojave for a few days.

The blue boat is my son in his (my old) Baker RST. Not his first time driving it but the first time he didn't have to ask for the keys.

Im hard.

UD

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
    Im hard.

UD
    Where's the next trip?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luv2gofast View Post
    Where's the next trip?
    Next lake trip - probably the week of the 31st.
    I got all week.
    I was thinking of heading down to San Diego/Dana point in the 2750 up in the air though nothing locked down.

How'd she run?

Looks great- Id bet you need plastic surgery to get rid of that smile.

UD

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Great shots, have fun , Be safe.
    L.T.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Props

What are you guys running for props on your Laveys.
    My Personal Boats

1996 STV River Rocket with 260 Mariner SOLD

1942 Century Sea Maid 17' Split Cockpit Barrel Stern 175 HP Flat Head 6 cyl.

2004 Moomba Mobius LSV 23' V Drive 345 HP Wakeboard Boat

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine has an RE4 28P labbed. It seems to pull me up skiing (190#'s) pretty good and works ok all around. I want to try a chopper 26 or 28 because I think the boat needs more bow lift. The blades on the Mazco look too small for bow lift but I have never run one before. It feels stuck to the water until I get it over 70mph. I think the Baker is a lighter boat but I run a 26 big ear on it and it loosens up at about 55mph. I have a sporty with a small shaft I may throw on the Lavey just to test props with. I have a bunch of choppers but they are all small shaft and the Lavey came with a fat shaft. I would also like to know what everyone is using and how they work in different situations. How does an RE4 compare to a Merc big ear for bow lift? I think the 28p might be a little tall. I checked the RPM times last night and with 120hrs total on the motor it has only been above 7000 for .2hrs! I havn't had enough time in it yet to really push it but by Monday I was comfortable enough to get it up to 87mph. I have no idea where the RPM's were, tattle tale on the GPS is awsome but I need one on the tach now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Somebody ask for picts of the old lavey metal l logo that doubles as a blower vent. THe outboard guys dont have to worry about this

I snapped these quickly from storage this weekend so you guys could see the new outdrive/ITS, interior and some of the stuff Ive done to my sebring.

UD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06300.jpg   DSC06298.jpg   DSC06296.jpg   DSC06295.jpg   DSC06294.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I've owned this baot for 5 years and this is the first picture.

I went to the lake this past weekend and got rained out...so i gave it a quick wash and here are the pictures.

Maybe not??? how do you post pics? I will look it up.

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast