User Tag List

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sms View Post
    Link just worked for me, so I grabbed the pics. The one I posted was from an old email from him, I'll look for more.

Interesting, my ski locker is forward of the fixed pylon, and the little "cooler" cubby that's next to it on this 20.8 is right next to it - where mine is (rather inconveniently) underneath the rear seat. Its a feature than manages to be both kinda nice... and crappy let me explain - oh its painted white in there and sealed , but the opening is odd sized and even if you filled it with liquid nitrogen it wouldnt stay frozen for a day.

UD

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice Pics

Keep um Coming !!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flyin high Lavey.jpg  
    L.T.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dude thats an awesome shot.

UD

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverman140 View Post

BTW- Is that Mike Askins old boat?

IF so that would explain why its looks and is basically BRAND NEW.

UD

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
    Its awesome, my buddy Bob just stole it, and other than the fact that there is no such model as a 20.5 (according to Jeff Camire its a 20.2 )

UD
    Better tell Jeff his tape measure shrunk. I put a tape on it yesterday and it's 20' 6"...I'm sure jeff is correct if he is measuring from the tip of the bow to the water line on the transom. I measured to the max point transom which tapers back as it goes up and maxes at the deck seam. I didn't get a chance to get it wet this weekend. Spent all weekend working out an actuator for the jack indicator. It had a mechanical indicator on the dash that has never been connected and no actuators. I got the jack done and it came out sweet but not sure what to do with the trim yet. I like your interior layout SMS. Mine has a fuel cell in the back so I lose a bunch of space. It's fine for now and it really is a nice boat but...you know it needs to be my boat...and my boat is a little different than the last owners boat.

Bob

96 Cougar 23 MTR twin 300XS's. 100 something
    98 Laveycraft Sebring 20.2 Tunnel 280 90 something SOLD
    85 Baker RST 220 Laser SOLD

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luv2gofast View Post
    Better tell Jeff his tape measure shrunk. I put a tape on it yesterday and it's 20' 6"...I'm sure jeff is correct if he is measuring from the tip of the bow to the water line on the transom. I measured to the max point transom which tapers back as it goes up and maxes at the deck seam. I didn't get a chance to get it wet this weekend. Spent all weekend working out an actuator for the jack indicator. It had a mechanical indicator on the dash that has never been connected and no actuators. I got the jack done and it came out sweet but not sure what to do with the trim yet. I like your interior layout SMS. Mine has a fuel cell in the back so I lose a bunch of space. It's fine for now and it really is a nice boat but...you know it needs to be my boat...and my boat is a little different than the last owners boat.

Bob

I would expect no less than it to be "your boat", after watching you machine parts and trick out your old one. Laveys are all measured at the water line with no swim steps or "beak" included, and are always longer than their length designation overall.

Does it look as cherry in person?

My 2750 is actually a 28.8 ft boat- side by side it wasnt mush smaller than a 32 ft fountain as they include the beak and the swimstep.

UD

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the date of the original post it took a year for this thread to get some momentum. Glad it's finally rolling. We need some of the early posters to finally serve up their pics!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah sorry about the timing... Im new to scream and fly- the place struck me as an outboards only club where I probably wouldnt be normally invited. (BTW love outboards just in case anyone was wondering - and v-drives, and.......)

Calendar top September with wording

And Powerboat magazine test Check old Bob Nordskogs face! - sorry about the distortion- I'm trying to save the binding so that some day if this boat finds a new home the whole story can go with it.

UD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img015_2.jpg   page 1018.jpg   page 1020_2.jpg   page 1019_2.jpg   page 1017_2.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that you are here, you should report to the guys at Hotboat.com that we really are ok

Thoes scans are hard to read, but since you have them on your computer now can you email them to me? bsewall@huntconstructiongroup.com

Hotboat Magazine also tested an outboard version in 93 that I would like to find an issue of. The only thing was it ran just 70 mph with a 260, and my 2.4 Bridgeport would kill that one, so something was wrong with it. Otherwise they all loved the boat, even better that a purpose built ski boat for skiing.

Thom from Hydromotive Props rode in my boat and was surprised at what a great ride it had. Said it was the best riding tunnel type boat he'd been in, and he's been in a LOT of boats. In 2pm weekend traffic it can beat you pretty well, but it aint no V bottom, so I just try to chose my water better.
    The only complaint I have with the manners is that the loooong pointy nose can catch a wake if you are not paying attention. On the Tennesse River during the Jasper ODBA weekend I came up behind a big cruiser making rollers. It took forever to pass him because the wake was so tall my bow would dig in before the boat started to go up the hill. The Hydrostreams I was running with could just put their noses up about 5' and go for it.

UD, you should round up a west coast convoy and come to the Carrollton, Ky event on the Ohio River the last weekend of August.
    It's THE event of the summer.
    http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...d.php?t=182590

See past years in the Gallery, it was called Rumble on the River in the past.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by custom1skier View Post
    Looks like a roomy cockpit for being just over 20'. A hell-ofa-lot roomier than my HST. I like the seating arangement but would it be possible to put a ski pole behind the rear seat?
    Yeah, I feel REAL sorry for those poor IO guys who have to give up such precious square footage for an old iron block car engine.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luv2gofast View Post
    Mine has a fuel cell in the back so I lose a bunch of space. It's fine for now and it really is a nice boat but...you know it needs to be my boat...and my boat is a little different than the last owners boat.

Bob
    Actually I like yor fuel cell. It keeps the weight in the back. My 2 sponson mounted tanks when full spread some weight pretty far forward. On the plus side, I can haul 32 gallons.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This one's on Boattrader now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lavey boat trader.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I feel REAL sorry for those poor IO guys who have to give up such precious square footage for an old iron block car engine.

Ouch-

I feel compelled to volunteer the Ilmor is ALL aluminum.

and my 406 has aluminum heads. but alas.... an iron block.

True- we lose space, but it would seem we don't have to have everyone sit in the center of the back seat to go fast.......(snick snick)

Never could really get along with the hotboat.com guys too many douchbags that somehow knew everything but didnt actually have boats.

I feel much more at home on performanceboats.com and offshoreonly, seriousoffshore is coming along, and this place .... which has more sebrings than all of them no matter the config. Even though we may be powered differently- its still a Lavey crowd. I actually sold a few boats for Lavey and worked many shows with them- seemed to me the crowd was always about 50/50.

Although 97% off the "offshore guys" dont do anything but run up and down a beachfront and ask silly questions like "why I have a radar." - they cant really be too "offshore" if they have to ask.

I actually have the last week of August off...hmmmm I was going to go to Mojave or see if I could get together with Bob and ride around in his "new" rig.....

UD

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why Radar?

Mine has a fish finder AND built in compass. I get some strange questions too.

(Answer is fishfinder is for depth, because I like to run on rivers. Compass? Ya have to ask Jeff C. It's not like you ever want to get too far out on Lake Michigan in one of these!)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why Radar?

Mine has a fish finder AND built in compass. I get some strange questions too.

(Answer is fishfinder is for depth, because I like to run on rivers. Compass? Ya have to ask Jeff C. It's not like you ever want to get too far out on Lake Michigan in one of these!)
    Agreed- the finder portion of my Furuno plotter/radar/finder got a real work out at Lake Nacimeinto a few weeks ago Although the turbulence after the step pretty much relegates it to idle and fast idle speeds only.

UD

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast