User Tag List

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone off the top of there head know the correct length hydro steering hoses for a 20.8? Boats 4hrs away in storage ��

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaveyT View Post
    Your 1" above is about as high as would do any good on mine as well. There was a bit of hopping around 80 mph that I had to drive thru but part of that was the yamacopy I was running on my worked 260. My best speed was with a chopper that was worked for a bow heavy Shadow bass boat. The lift was alot better but the entire propshaft broke aat 94mph on the Ohio River.
    The prop was just borrowed untill that happened, oops
    I did admire the acceleration of the yamacopy after running the chopper.
    I never went that fast again. I burned up a Monty motor and had some other adventures but the 225H.O. is a faithful motor.
    When I first put the stock H.O. I thought man this Lavey loves the weight in the rear . It would carry the nose like my old Hydrostream. Mine didn't have the Lightning lower unit just a stock case.
    I borrowed another lower unit with a cone and swapped it out. I jacked it up and down but was really disappointed. I only lost a couple of miles per hour but the boat would no longer fly. It took forever to get my top speed.
    BTW. Stoker started using special reworked Bravo 1 props just so he could maintain bowlift with a coned lower unit. I think he was getting 93 or so with the Fitch motor and his vast experience with that hull. The additional blade area from the 15"+ diameter and four blades made up for the lost bowlift at raised motor mounting. If you had a Baker you Know the history as well as anyone.

Once again I lusted over your boat just because of the lighter weight. There is not a better built boat imho.
    Curious what your bottom is like compared to the 20.8. We are using a ton of trim to get Hydro_scrm4 going and it’s got a stock CLE case
    Mirage Jaguar RiverRacer
    Polaris PRO785
    Bennington 255LCC

Scream & Fly Flying Machine of the Month:
    September 2005

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...ild&highlight=

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunger View Post
    Shes a 95’ with a 95’ 225 promax. Traded my carerra sst for it back in October so I’ve only had it out a few times. Gettin 73 on gps with a 25p trophy. Got a 24 masco re4 and just apicked up a big ear 25 to try on it to. Got it from my good buddy’s dad I’ve had my eye on it since I was 18 and finally got it.

Attachment 404840Attachment 404841Attachment 404842
    Beautiful example, great colors too. We may be featuring a nice Sebring restoration from the west coast soon. I love these.

4. Likes Bunger liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MODVP22 View Post
    Curious what your bottom is like compared to the 20.8. We are using a ton of trim to get Hydro_scrm4 going and it’s got a stock CLE case
    I have never had a chance to look at them side by side. Its a great Mod VP hull design, I saw a Stoker race and win in one of the "Green" motor deals a year or so ago in Rising Sun Indiana. They take the race chop very well and super stable and fast.
    I really think for a recreational boat the added weight hurts them. The 18ft Lavey is about 6-8 mph faster than the 20.2 with the same power and the 20.8 is 6-8 slower than the 20.2.
    As I recall Ed Thomson , Hurley and the original owner of my boat said the stock 200 case with a Bobs was faster than a CLE on my boat. When I have a passenger and we are going for numbers I put them in the back seat. Bow lift is always an issue with my hull. I have a 29 SRX DAH that has crazy bow lift but it sucks bad getting on plane.
    I have a 26 Predator 4 Blade that is killer out of the hole and carries the boat great. Its to stable for me.. I like the lift and tail walk feel, much more exciting to drive. I found out one of my favorite all around props (a 26 Raker) is kinda messed up but I love the way it feels. Croxton said the progressive rake on that particular wheel is backwards. Going from higher pitch to lower (Backwards). He said the old predator props were the same way. He said when he ran them it always felt like the boat never took a steady set. It made sense... I like the feel. My old Hydrostream was a hand full and even though the Lavey is faster I miss the fear of death feeling at the wheel.
    Good Luck, and if you find a combination that works let us know.
    L.T.

6. Likes MODVP22 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never had a chance to look at them side by side. Its a great Mod VP hull design, I saw a Stoker race and win in one of the "Green" motor deals a year or so ago in Rising Sun Indiana. They take the race chop very well and super stable and fast.
    I really think for a recreational boat the added weight hurts them. The 18ft Lavey is about 6-8 mph faster than the 20.2 with the same power and the 20.8 is 6-8 slower than the 20.2.
    As I recall Ed Thomson , Hurley and the original owner of my boat said the stock 200 case with a Bobs was faster than a CLE on my boat. When I have a passenger and we are going for numbers I put them in the back seat. Bow lift is always an issue with my hull. I have a 29 SRX DAH that has crazy bow lift but it sucks bad getting on plane.
    I have a 26 Predator 4 Blade that is killer out of the hole and carries the boat great. Its to stable for me.. I like the lift and tail walk feel, much more exciting to drive. I found out one of my favorite all around props (a 26 Raker) is kinda messed up but I love the way it feels. Croxton said the progressive rake on that particular wheel is backwards. Going from higher pitch to lower (Backwards). He said the old predator props were the same way. He said when he ran them it always felt like the boat never took a steady set. It made sense... I like the feel. My old Hydrostream was a hand full and even though the Lavey is faster I miss the fear of death feeling at the wheel.
    Good Luck, and if you find a combination that works let us know.
    thanks for the info. That’s a lot of good stuff to consider. Hydro-Scrm and I need to work on his set up some more. With an every strong fresh 260 we are mid 70’s, using a lot of trim, and a trophy plus wheel.
    Mirage Jaguar RiverRacer
    Polaris PRO785
    Bennington 255LCC

September 2005

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spoke with Chris the other day... He said, "Hmmm... We might have to figure something out and break out the 20.8 molds if we can find people interested in building a new one!"

9. Likes MODVP22 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavey jr. View Post
    I spoke with Chris the other day... He said, "Hmmm... We might have to figure something out and break out the 20.8 molds if we can find people interested in building a new one!"
    That might be fun with a new Merc V8 hanging off the back....hmmmm...gotta see how much change I can dig outta the couch

11. Likes Lavey jr. liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a bitchin deal on a 260 recently. Plan was to put it on my 20.8 but now I’m kinda backing out. Little too much of a hotrod motor for what I do. My 225 promax is gettin me to 74 with 24p re4. Anyone run a 260 on one? Starting to think I should flip the 260 and get a 300 promax. Decisions.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a bitchin deal on a 260 recently. Plan was to put it on my 20.8 but now I’m kinda backing out. Little too much of a hotrod motor for what I do. My 225 promax is gettin me to 74 with 24p re4. Anyone run a 260 on one? Starting to think I should flip the 260 and get a 300 promax. Decisions.....
    Of course mine is a 20.2 but my son has a 20.8 IO with a 350 and a bravo so I kinda know how they differ. For sure the 20.2 would prefer the 260, 300 promax would take all the fun out of it. I think the 20.8 would be able to carry the extra weight of the promax and it may be a great combination. I thought about putting a 300X on mine the last time I hurt a piston on the 280. I just think the personality would change too much. I love how snappy my boat is with the 280. The 260/280s are a bit fragile and I have to make sure I don't run out of gas at WOT when it's hot out!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160509_082001[1].jpg   20160509_081845[1].jpg  

96 Cougar 23 MTR twin 300XS's. 100 something
    98 Laveycraft Sebring 20.2 Tunnel 280 90 something SOLD
    85 Baker RST 220 Laser SOLD

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My best speed was with a chopper that was worked for a bow heavy Shadow bass boat. The lift was alot better but the entire propshaft broke aat 94mph on the Ohio River.
    The prop was just borrowed untill that happened, oops
    Actually the best prop I had was a Spinelli 28 that was worked and thinned allot. It went to the bottom of Havasu when I lost a propshaft several years ago. I did own it so although it hurt, I didn't have to tell a friend that his favorite prop was at the bottom of the lake...

Mine cracked through the shift dog splines at an angle which worked like a ramp to push the reverse thrust face against the reverse gear. The prop shaft heated up until it just twisted off. It was probably glowing red and spitting sparks out in the water just before it let go!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Propshaft3.jpg   Propshaft2.jpg  

96 Cougar 23 MTR twin 300XS's. 100 something
    98 Laveycraft Sebring 20.2 Tunnel 280 90 something SOLD
    85 Baker RST 220 Laser SOLD

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hydro_scrm has that same combination. The oil injected motor would be a bit nicer for idling around. Perhaps the same for water sports.
    Mirage Jaguar RiverRacer
    Polaris PRO785
    Bennington 255LCC

September 2005

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hydro_scrm has that same combination. The oil injected motor would be a bit nicer for idling around. Perhaps the same for water sports.

Thats what im leaning towards. I’m all about convience lol. I’ve had an oil pump block off kit sitting in my garage for six months and I can’t get myself to put it on or do anything else to my promax because the damn thing runs so good. I’ve been dying to put a Brucato ecu on it. But I don’t want to screw up a good thing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats what im leaning towards. I’m all about convience lol. I’ve had an oil pump block off kit sitting in my garage for six months and I can’t get myself to put it on or do anything else to my promax because the damn thing runs so good. I’ve been dying to put a Brucato ecu on it. But I don’t want to screw up a good thing
    just put one on his
    Mirage Jaguar RiverRacer
    Polaris PRO785
    Bennington 255LCC

September 2005

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just put one on his

Oil block off or acu? Didn’t know the acu worked on a 300

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oil block off or acu? Didn’t know the acu worked on a 300
    PCU on a 260
    Mirage Jaguar RiverRacer
    Polaris PRO785
    Bennington 255LCC

September 2005

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast