User Tag List

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaveyT View Post
    Is that Laurel Lake ?
    Sure is! Good catch.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unforgettable

That is a beautiful lake. We go hikeing @ Red River gorge. Years ago they talked about making a reservoir out of the area. It was decided to many geological treasures would be lost. (It is Awsome). I imagine Laurel to look something like the non - exsitstant Red River George lake would have looked.

"Save the George , Stop the Dam" was the cry in the 1970's
    Thanks for the Photo's, I have been missing Laurel lake.
    L.T.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spotted this weekend:

Nice yellow Laveycraft on the interstate in Southern California with a Mod VP Merc.

Cool looking little socal boat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cyclone Trip March 2010 003.jpg   Cyclone Trip March 2010 004.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Summer is here in So Cal. It's been pushing 80 for a daytime high for the last week. Rereading this post got me in gear and I just dropped my Sebring off at the shop for a couple minor fixes before the season.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have fun Billy!

Ok- its a real problem for me that Bobs Sebring would have beaten me, so I pulled the 406 and sent it to the builder.

When fresh It would see low 90's making in the 500hp/500lb ft- range.

I figure its gonna take 525-545 to run with him now, 575 to win, and 600 to take him down with any authority. Bet then again who really knows?

In not going to spend the extra 4K on injection but am buying an extra whole day of dyno time to tune the demon 850 carb.

when the guy pulled it apart he told me Id been running on a partially flat cam lobe on #7 for who knows how long (flat mechanical)- interesting...

This is going to be fun.

Uncle Dave

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya know Dave...It takes more than horsepower...Ya gota put the boat in the water too...

96 Cougar 23 MTR twin 300XS's. 100 something
    98 Laveycraft Sebring 20.2 Tunnel 280 90 something SOLD
    85 Baker RST 220 Laser SOLD

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    well there is that.....

Thats one of the "problems" with having 2 boats.

UD

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's why you need a son. You can have two boats but only have to maintain one. Are you jucin the motor up or just a freshining? I havn't had enough seat time in mine to find the top yet. I have 87 on the recall from last year and it had more. On that run I wasn't even loolking at the tach so don't know what it was at. Fathers day will be a good weekend to make a bunch of evening runs and really see what it will do. Here is a pic of the speedo that I found from the PO. Not sure which motor he had on it then. He tried several while he had it. You might like his new ride also...

http://forums.screamandfly.com/Galle...hp/photo/10470

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Funny thing is my GF has 2 teenagers that have been living here for 2 years and they could care less about any of this stuff. They just play games and sit inside all the time.SUPER polite quiet and respectful- They get superb grades and are solid citizens, but aren't like any teenagers Ive ever dealt with before. They do like the gun range but were shocked to see how hard it really is, but love the challenge. They are "indoor" guys.

Im juicing and freshening both - otherwise my position of having the fastest boat in our camp is in jeopardy.

Im getting some more beans from a few places.

The heads are already a stage 1 port job and Im putting them on a cnc machine to hog them out a little more. Additionally Im going to flow port them to clean up any port flashing that may be left, but flow porting doesnt do a thing for the short side runner so I need to manually go in and grind.

Im taking the flat tappet cam out and switching to a hydraulic roller with a much more agressive profile, but I cant go too far or my idle will suffer and I may have reversion problems, but this move alone will be worth a lot of beans, as I was quite mild on the last build using an engle EP20/22 cam profile. The profile will be stout enough to require a stud girdle to control deflection.

Im sticking with ross forged pistons at 10.5-1, but will switch to a different top ring system thats supposed to be good for about 20 ponies.

Ill need to move to a forged crank and rods, (Scat crank) but this wont buy me any power but will keep the parts from coming apart.

Finally Im putting a crank scraper and a deep pan in there so I can get the oil away from the crank. Which is good for about 30lb ft.

Then Ill do some cosmetic stuff like maybe a single belt serpentine kit or something like that. Polishing etc- just coz.

Well see, but Im hoping to see 100 out of it. Should be fun in any case AND last another decade then Ill put injection in it.

Boy thats a sweet ride in those picts- I want a ride.

UD
    Last edited by Uncle Dave; 04-02-2010 at 02:01 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iam changing my fuel lines on my lavy.It had a three way valve which I think was 1/4.Going to use two in-line 1/2 inch fuel valves then bring them down to 3/8 fittings.I bought a larger fuel/water seperator from eddie marine that uses a 7 1/2 inch wix filter with a bottom drain.Also the 5/16 fuel lines are going to be changed to 3/8.My 1999 225 efi promax cut out at high speeds and I hope this will fix that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_3359.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ouch! 1/4" Yes I would say that has a good chance of being your problem. Here is a link to a very good guide for fuel system design.

http://www.diamondmarine.com/

Click on the "Check Out Our E.F.I. Fuel System 101"

Nice looking ride. What prop, RPM and top end do you get? (when you get it running right)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a picture of the parts.That diamond marine post shows the tank fitting change.I didnt think about that.Will check that on monday as lavy is locked up at the repair shop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P4030004.jpg   P4030005.jpg  
    Last edited by Fast-Trukin; 04-03-2010 at 01:47 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sms View Post
    More Laveys from cyber space
    That second picture looks like my lavy. Looks like the pictures didnt transfer page 6 post 83.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
    Funny thing is my GF has 2 teenagers that have been living here for 2 years and they could care less about any of this stuff. They just play games and sit inside all the time.SUPER polite quiet and respectful- They get superb grades and are solid citizens, but aren't like any teenagers Ive ever dealt with before. They do like the gun range but were shocked to see how hard it really is, but love the challenge. They are "indoor" guys.

Im juicing and freshening both - otherwise my position of having the fastest boat in our camp is in jeopardy.

Im getting some more beans from a few places.

The heads are already a stage 1 port job and Im putting them on a cnc machine to hog them out a little more. Additionally Im going to flow port them to clean up any port flashing that may be left, but flow porting doesnt do a thing for the short side runner so I need to manually go in and grind.

Im taking the flat tappet cam out and switching to a hydraulic roller with a much more agressive profile, but I cant go too far or my idle will suffer and I may have reversion problems, but this move alone will be worth a lot of beans, as I was quite mild on the last build using an engle EP20/22 cam profile. The profile will be stout enough to require a stud girdle to control deflection.

Im sticking with ross forged pistons at 10.5-1, but will switch to a different top ring system thats supposed to be good for about 20 ponies.

Ill need to move to a forged crank and rods, (Scat crank) but this wont buy me any power but will keep the parts from coming apart.

Finally Im putting a crank scraper and a deep pan in there so I can get the oil away from the crank. Which is good for about 30lb ft.

Then Ill do some cosmetic stuff like maybe a single belt serpentine kit or something like that. Polishing etc- just coz.

Well see, but Im hoping to see 100 out of it. Should be fun in any case AND last another decade then Ill put injection in it.

Boy thats a sweet ride in those picts- I want a ride.

UD
    Dave,

Two girls that dont want to get in your boat!! Cant have that... It has been way to long since I have seen your boat so I think you are over due for a trip.. We will be heading to Nacimiento on fathers day for a nice 4 day trip.. Then I will know how much power it is going to take for the baker to kick both of those Lavey's around.. My Buddy also has a 19ft baker with a 200 Johnson on it that we will be putting new jugs and heads on in the next few weeks Maybe some jetting on the carbs! He hopefully will have it out to run that weekend! 4 Tunnels on one lake... Sounds Dangerous!

If not laughlin will be another good trip to get out to! When I have dates I will post..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BakerRST21 View Post
    Dave,

Two girls that dont want to get in your boat!! Cant have that... It has been way to long since I have seen your boat so I think you are over due for a trip.. We will be heading to Nacimiento on fathers day for a nice 4 day trip.. Then I will know how much power it is going to take for the baker to kick both of those Lavey's around.. My Buddy also has a 19ft baker with a 200 Johnson on it that we will be putting new jugs and heads on in the next few weeks Maybe some jetting on the carbs! He hopefully will have it out to run that weekend! 4 Tunnels on one lake... Sounds Dangerous!

If not laughlin will be another good trip to get out to! When I have dates I will post..
    You're all grown up! Wow
    Been way too long agreed, Im even older and fatter!

Congrats on the Baker, I always thought that was a cool ride.
    That rig served your dad and our group well, and deserved to go to a caring owner.

I think the Andersons locked in the whole week of the 28th, but no reason not to get the stuff wet this year, not sure when the 406 will be done but its going to be close - worse case I show up with the 2750 which is a little big for naci, but a good time no less.

As for getting "run down" by you punks - now there you go ...scaring me......

all kidding aside I can hardley image a better day than driving 4 different tunnel boats!

UD
    Last edited by Uncle Dave; 04-08-2010 at 12:00 AM.

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast