Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

absolute disaster..pain..rebirth

folk's I posted a while back about restoring an old concord magnum 200, I even purchased some parts from one of you. I pulled the several year "taproot" and pulled it out of the garage for paint, a buddy and I built a tube frame portable paint booth in the driveway, finally I could see the end of the tunnel, interior most of the way built.. $1000 worth of seats and mounts purchased it was looking good. then 6 hrs after I moved it less than 30 feet I sat nervous that the wind would launch the paint booth so I weighted one side and staked the other, less than 30 min later about 2:30 am two 18" in diameter, nearly 100' tall limbs dropped on it like a ton of bricks right before my eyes. I am not embarassed to say I cried. unfortunatly this marked the beginning of a bad string of luck including, but not limited to, blowing up a friends boat a couple weeks later, then ultimatly 4 days later crash landing an aircraft after flying around for 40 min figuring out how we would do it. thank god we did a perfect job and did minimal damage and no one got hurt. while sitting reflecting on the crash that evening I found an ad on craigs list for an 86' baja force 320 listed for 17K, 240 hrs total time on the twin 330hp mercruisers, velvet drives, TRS on the back. the EPIPHANY will be its name. the guy I got it from was afraid of it and never had it wide open. the lord works in misterious ways

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it weren't for bad luck, you wouldn't have any.

I'd be afraid to ride in Epiphany with you.

John
    To fish or not to fish? What a STUPID question.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fly broken airplanes for a living, if the boat breaks it generally will just stop

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow what a sad story about the boat!!! Ohhh and plane crash as well!! Glad ya survived it all and will now be back on the water, you should have a lot better luck now cause bad things happen in 3's
    07 STROKER 300X