Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hydrogen generators-anyone in the know??

i've been asked by several people about hydrogen generators-apparently they are installed in cars/trucks and break water down into hydrogen/oxygen which is burned in the engine,supposedly giving drastic increases in mileage!! snake oil or not???!!!
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are a bunch of bull .

I made a thread about them a while back and included a link in it. You can do a search and probably find it pretty easily. Taking energy to split water then burning it again, it will make the same or less energy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i figured so much, anything that is too good to be true usually is
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Energy

Takes a lot of energy to do that.

Fact remains....oil is the absolute perfect source of energy and will be very hard to match let alone beat. The challenge in battery technology is to produce hydrogen as needed. Driving around with hydrogen and oxygen is much more dangerous than talking on a cell phone while driving

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im Interested About Y'all's Energy Comments. My Buddy Has Been Working On The Hydrogen Thing Pretty Hard Now And It Seems As Though They Get Too Hot With Just 12 Volts So He Is Having To Cut The Voltage. And We Drive Around "in" Hydrogen And Oxygen. How Is A Generator More Dangerous Than On The Phone? Its Not A Tanker Truck:d If It Takes The Energy From Your Battery(wich Is Paid For) And Converts It To More Gas Mileage Doesnt That Save The End User? Like I Said He's "working On It" So We Dont Even Have Good Real World Test Results Yet But It Sure Is Looking Good.
    Why does everyone keep calling me Richard Noggin?? My name is George!

Just bring some aloe.....ima tan that hide.......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Study some applied physics!!!! Physics, It's the one set of laws ya CAN'T break.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You CANNOT create energy. It will not work. He is wasting his time.

Driving around in a mixture of air is a lot different that pure oxygen and hydrogen. That is what partially fuels the space shuttle and it looks plenty explosive to me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At best hydrogen is a good battery. A fuel cell is maybe 90 percent efficient that is you get back 90 of the hundred bucks you put into spliting water into hydrogen. But that spliting is done with electricty which in this country means coal fired steam plants. Fuel cells can also run on natural gas and more than a few of those are up and running as we speak. But untill we have more electical generation through nuke or fusion I think that hydrogen will just be away of moving the exhaust pipe off the car and onto a coal plant..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honda just released there hydrogen powered car last week, they have solar powered fueling staions in the works and there are using one to power a parts warehouse, they even want a hydrogen generator in your house to re-fuel and power the house and they may just make it work, what I have been looking at is the hydrogen booster that you power off your cars 12 volt system and just add hydrogen gas not pressurized to the intake of your car, has anyone tried this to see if it helps just do a search on hydrogen booster, Matt
    Last edited by oldschoolltv; 06-26-2008 at 10:35 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolltv View Post
    Honda just released there hydrogen powered car last week, they have solar powered fueling staions in the works and there are using one to power a parts warehouse, they even want a hydrogen generator in your house to re-fuel and power the house and they may just make it work, what I have been looking at is the hydrogen booster that you power off your cars 12 volt system and just add hydrogen gas not pressurized to the intake of your car, has anyone tried this to see if it helps just do a search on hydrogen booster, Matt
    They put out 200 cars at a manufacured cost of 1,000,000 each in SoCal because that is the only place with the pumps.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that their is some interesting stuff for solar powered hydrogen generators but not in the amounts that would be needed to make viable for large scale transprtation solution. The most useful thing that i have seen is solar flexable roofing panels attached to a hydrogen generator. This arangement allows hydrogen to be used as a battery in your home and could allow for peak demand stabilization over a large power grid.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think the only way that would work would be to disconnect alternator, and discharge the battery as you drive, splitting oxygen and hydrogen (browns gas)

The amount of energy extracted would only be what is contained in the battery. ( not much at all ) But then you need to re-charge the battery at home and that's not free.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to start somewhere and it will cost alot at first so maybe the hollywood greenies can pay for the r&d then maybe they will be affordable to us someday, Matt

plus once they start getting popular enough oil will demand will drop then price of oil drops as well, i know this is way off but again if we started this along with drilling here we may not be in the pickle we are now, Matt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why would you need to disconnect the alternator it puts out more than needed for the battery to re-charge, i think I read the booster only draws 1-2 amps somewhere.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast