Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cavitation Plate

What is the typical material and thickness used on a 17 foot v-drive for the adjustable cavitation plate. The boat is a late 60's Sanger.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MWILLIS,
    I believe most boat builders and fabricators prefer 6061 T-6 aluminum plate for cav plates. Some cav plates are stainless, but those are pricey and not very common.
    I think the thickness is 1/4 ''. The 6061 T-6 (T-6 is the heat treat) is strong, welds nice, polishes beautifully, and anodizes nicely too.
    Try calling Sanger Boats in Sanger, California, or contact them on the internet for a difinative answer. Hope that helps.
    Spike

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MWILLIS,
    I believe most boat builders and fabricators prefer 6061 T-6 aluminum plate for cav plates. Some cav plates are stainless, but those are pricey and not very common.
    I think the thickness is 1/4 ''. The 6061 T-6 (T-6 is the heat treat) is strong, welds nice, polishes beautifully, and anodizes nicely too.
    Try calling Sanger Boats in Sanger, California, or contact them on the internet for a difinative answer. Hope that helps.
    Spike

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MWILLIS,
    Spike