Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Video clip

Here is the product of extreme boredom-- It's Monday afternoon and I'm the only one on the lake.

Nothing fancy-- I did this clip today with the cyber-shot camera sitting on the dash facing backwards. You can see how sunburned and scrawny I am, please, no jokes. The clip is 15 seconds long, enough time to get the Hydrostream well over 70 mph.

The video clip's filesize is about 1.3 Megs. I don't have any software that can re-size it or compress it to make the download quicker. Cable modem people, enjoy. Dial-ups, go have lunch while it loads.

Go to the site, close all the annoying pop-up ads, and click the link on the page.

http://www.angelfire.com/mi/pyrotechnician/video.html

-chad

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

very cool

Pyro, What prop are you running. The boat gets out of the hole well. Mine makes all the right sounds put takes forever to get on plane.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

prop

26" small-hub Trophy plus. This prop gets out of the hole a little quicker than my 28" chopper, and the acceleration is a lot better. If the jackplate's too high, I get higher revs than in the video, and it takes forever to flatten out and get bite. If I have 4 people in the boat, the 26" Trophy will only plane with the trim all the way in. This prop has awesome bow-lift and trim response. It is just as fast with 2 people as it is when I drive solo. I get 75-76 mph @ 6100-6250 rpm depending on weather. Easy 70 with 4 people.

What prop are YOU running?

I was out all day today, by myself, looking for trouble. I finally found trouble and started taunting this guy on a Kawasaki 1100 jet ski. He pulled up along side me at 55 mph or so, and shrugged his shoulders, like, "ah what the hell. Let's give it a go." I let him get ahead of me for a few seconds before I smoked him. Those things are pretty fast for a PWC, just not fast enough.

-Chad

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Very Cool

Nice rig! I like watching the motor trim out!
    Todd Carter

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Yeah, you can see the trim, OUT to fly the bow and get it moving, and back in a little bit to fly it straight like a 'Stream should. You can see the rooster tail develop, then drop away.

Someone asked me who I was talking to in the video. I'm not really sure. I may have been singing "Kickstart my Heart" by Motley Crüe. I don't really remember.

OHHH!!! YEAH!!! BAAAAABBYYYY!!!!!! YYYYEEEEAAH!

#2 iron from the Mayo clinic, Fla. / Blue Ridge, VA.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face 70????????????????

wait a minute sport, first of all you make me look up minute, next you want me to belive thats 70 mph? 56? you didn't even have her strung out. now go back and lets see it again. TRIM OUT! could be wrong, just from this angle. i doubt i can go 70 but it looks like i'm going faster than that, your cheeks arn't even flappin. all in good cheer! your smarter than me, i haven't learned to post a picture let alone a video, hats off! fun out.
    most overnite successes usually take at least 10 years

Certified turd polisher,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Pyro!! You've inspired me man!

I gotta figure out how to mount my Canon G2 to the dash and try that! That was a cool clip. My G2 will go 30 seconds at a time in the higher res, over a minute in the fuzzy res. I'll give the higher res a go later this week!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

video

If I can find a friend to help out, next weekend I'll record a nice fly-by video clip, maybe a couple fo stills while we're at it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool video Pyro, scrawny? I wish I were that thin again, my boat would be 5MPH faster
    A diet would probably be my cheapest hop up ever!

Jim
    Too much horsepower is just barely enough

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

clip

15 seconds is the longest clip I can do with that much resolution. That's enough time to get a hair over 70. It takes another 5 seconds or so to hit 75. Like I said, I'll do a holeshot video like that from another boat next weekend, then it will look more like 70. I wish I had a good DV camera that made better videos.'

Cheeks flappin?!? I said I'm scrawny. No cheeks to flap! Actually, I'm only 5'7" and that Vegas windshield does a great job of deflecting the breeze. My hair gets messed up though...