Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1982 Checkmate Enticer 140 Johnson

HEY THEIR FOLKS, I just saw a 1982 Checkmate Enticer with a Johnson 140 v4, the guys selling it overhauled the trailer, I pulled on the motor and the transom seemed to be solid, I also jumped on the floor and being 260lbs did'nt feel any soft spots......I dont know if these are good boats, good combo etc, its max rated for 145hp, any help would be great, thanks Brannon

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its a pretty good boat, working on redoing one at the moment, rated at 125 hp. set up right prolly go 65 or a bit over with that 140

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    someone else chimed in and stated that all of the ones he has seen are rated for 125hp, this one is in terrific shape and boldly said 145hp, were their different models or maybe a package that made it 145??? any ideas would be great, now i have to convince my boss that he should borrow me the couple of bucks, and then 115ho E-TEC time, unless a 150 would work, then I have a 2008 150 HO in white sitting in the crate, but I wanna be safe, LEGAL, and have a boat that runs good, not deadly or a handful, and with gas these days be some what efficient, my tech who has over 30yrs of working on omc/brp says production wise we cant tweak that 140 anymore, but im sure racers have gotten more hp out of it??? thanks for any info you give me TEAMHART 2, i seriously appreciate it, I wanna get into performance/semi performance efficiently and intelligently, if at all possible, thanks again

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem worner, I had mine out a bunch at the end of the summer last year prior to starting the overhaul, its actually an 82 like the one you are looking at. Its a fun little boat for sure. As far as I know all the enticers were rated at 125 hp. For performance and safety, I think youd be fine with anything up to a 150, which with the right setup will get you up and over 70. Legality of that differs from state to state as far as I can tell, and also some companies will insure that and others wont. Check out the checkmate site checkmate-boats.com theres a few enticers over there, and its the same hull as the predictor, so you can get an idea of setup/rigging. If you have any additional questions feel free to PM me or just respond on this thread, I check it pretty frequently.