Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

25/30 E-tecs Finally Ordered!!!!

TO THE FOLKS THAT NEED OR WANT A SMALL MOTOR AND DO NOT WANT THE LETHARGIC POWER OF THE 4 STROKES, BRP FINALLY HAS LET US ORDER SOME OF THE MUCH ANTICIPATED 25/30 2CYL E-TEC.......ALSO MY BOSS WAS ABLE TO GET THE INFO ON THE NEW 2009 V-4 130 E-TEC AND THE 115 HO ETEC, THIS YEAR WILL BE VERY EXCITING FOR THESE TYPES OF APPLICATIONS, THE NEW V4 SHOULD REALLY COOK ON SMALL HULLS AND THE EVER POPULAR 16-17 FOOT ENTRY LEVEL BASS BOATS AND OF COURSE SMALLER FISH N SKIS, HOPE THIS DOESNT START A CRAZY DRAMA OF NEGATIVE POSTS, BUT THE LITTLE COMPANY CALLED BRP IS REALLY PUTTING OUT SOME KILLER POWER PLANTS......MORE TO COME FOLKS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any specs on the 2 cyl's?
    I'm currently boatless

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the weight is right, and it comes in a 15", it would be awesome for a classic 13' whaler
    22' Activator w/ 250xs Merc Opti, back home again

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice

there bringing it back 2 good,with the advancement of the e-tech technology 2 boot,everything o.m.c. ever was with the major updates,fricken NICE,GOOD JOB B.R.P.gonna haft 2 party again this weekend n celebrate.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all I have in the book so far is a 2cyl. 35.3 cu in, all models like the competition, short and long shaft, e start and manual, and pwr trim and tilt available....I will post more as soon as I get the info

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, last week I was at a meeting at BRP here in Sydney and got to see (photos only) and get some specs on this new great little outboard. For those guys wanting a 25HP/30HP you should put the E-TEC on the top of your wish list. The weight is the lightest in class and combined with the biggest cubic capacity in the class it will sure live upto the E-TEC reputation as strong performers and in the "clean" market I doubt there will be anything that can match it.

The tiller is all new with many cool features like a troll control button to adjust RPM and a set-up allowing different positions and angles to suit most boats.

We should start seeing here by late this year form what was told, which means you guys over there shoudl see a bit earlier and I for one can not wait to run one.

Cheers,

Huey.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking 25/30 E-tec

The Sales Rep Was In The Other Day..didn't Have Any Photos But Said There Starting To Put Them In The Boatshow Soon,
    I'd Like To See One My Self..my 15 Fourstroke Is A Dead Dog Up Here At 7000 Ft..want To Repower ...thank Goodness I Can Get One At Cost...and I Am Only A Part Time Retired Mac...but I Like To Work On The Old Ones Since I Am Old Myself..
    16ft stylecraft 150 Fmerc (force)
    14ft nylox 15merc 4stroke pt/t 2hp merc and minnkota

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    News Release 5-27-08

BRP commemorates 100-years of Evinrude
    ® outboard engine

innovation with the introduction of new Evinrude E-TEC® 2009 centennial model year engines.
    The all new 25- and 30-horsepower Evinrude E-TEC outboard engines also feature an all new
    anniversary year graphic design, and will be available at Evinrude dealerships worldwide for the
    2009 model year.
    “We're extremely pleased to make this product introduction during our celebration of 100 years
    of life on the water with Evinrude,” says Roch Lambert, vice president and general manager,
    Outboard Marine Engines, BRP. “Evinrude outboard power began with engineering ingenuity
    and BRP is continuing it today with E-TEC technology in new 25- and 30-horsepower engines,"
    he continues. "We have broadened our engine family to make the Evinrude E-TEC product
    advantages available to more boating applications and allow a greater opportunity for boaters
    everywhere to spend more time on the water."
    The new two-cylinder engines offer the highest fuel efficiency, lightest weight, and most power
    in their competitive engine class. The engine technology and superior results are proven with
    five years of E-TEC technology success and a rigorous testing program. With a 35.3 cubic inch
    (576 cc) displacement and 142-pound weight, boaters will enjoy the advantages of quick
    acceleration, high power and low fuel consumption these new lower horsepower engines
    provide to them. Ergonomically designed for easy operation, the new 25- and 30-horsepower
    engines feature a more compact and integrated pull handle that locks in place; standard
    electronic adjustable idle speed control; and a trim and tilt switch that is located at the end of the
    twist grip that can be operated without moving your hand. The sleek, compact design includes a
    folding tiller handle for convenient carrying and storage. The tiller handle also incorporates a
    unique “touch troll” button, which acts like a cruise control to allow boaters easy adjustment and
    maintain optimal trolling speed. Boaters can rely on the high 15 amps of net output for
    Page 2
    additional power to operate onboard electronics. Each model, regardless of configuration,
    includes a rope starter.
    “These new outboard engines fill a vital product segment in key markets worldwide,” added
    Chris Dawson, vice president and general manager, BRP International. “With the launch of the
    new 25- and 30-hp models, as well as the 250HO and 300-hp models released earlier this year,
    we are delivering on our promise to expand the line above and below the current offering. All
    these new models are expected to bring great enthusiasm from our worldwide dealer network,”
    stated Dawson.
    The new engines feature the same E-TEC technology that provides superior benefits found
    throughout the line.
    ·

No maintenance including three years or 300 hours of no dealer-scheduled

maintenance; a three-year non-declining warranty; no oil filters and no oil
    changes; no belts or chains to adjust or replace; and no valve or throttle linkage
    adjustments required. These benefits give E-TEC owners significant savings in
    maintenance costs. E-TEC engines are so well-engineered and precision-built
    that no break-in period is required.
    ·

Clean and quiet performance minimizes impact on our environment with

extremely low carbon monoxide emission at idle; CARB 3-star rated, EPA and
    EU compliant; low particulate matter emissions; no crankcase oil to dispose of;
    and exceptionally quiet operation.
    ·

Durable and reliable through reliable design and parts including a new multipoint

oiling system; NASA-developed alloy pistons; 100-percent power and
    emissions testing; oversized, robust gearcase; and same proven E-TEC family
    design.
    ·

Best-in-class power and performance with more displacement; up to 40-

percent more torque; superior hole shot; faster top speed; and excellent fuel
    economy – up to 15% better than competitive 4-stroke engines in this
    horsepower class.

Last edited by seahorse; 06-02-2008 at 05:19 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm suprised they are not promoting their new state of the art engine plant.

Better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im wondering if they are leaving that out cause it's in china???? the cool thing that my BRP guys tell me is that BRP has the only manufacturing plant in china with air conditioning, and has private homes for the workers for the 5 day work week, then they go home on the weekends....supposedly BRP is regarded as family there cause of the treatment of the workers, thats a very good PR thing, i as a salesperson was not that excited about the foriegn end of it, but with Everyone else doing it and having less expensive labor expenses it had to be done, cool thing is the motors are still regarded as american cause they are assembled and put together here, the parts are made other places though, similar to your Dodge,Chevy, Ford truck, or Mercury Optimax or other outboard, or opposite of Toyota...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any pics of the 25/30hp E-TEC now that the 115hp HO is here?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

25/30 E-tec

me too, looking for some photos..the sale rep that was in the other day didnt have any himself..
    16ft stylecraft 150 Fmerc (force)
    14ft nylox 15merc 4stroke pt/t 2hp merc and minnkota

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At 142 lbs, the E-TEC 25 hp significantly out weights the Honda 20 hp (101 lbs), the Yamaha 20 hp (114 lbs) and the Mercury 20 hp (115 lbs), but none of those engines are EFI or have 15 amp charging.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bworner View Post
    cool thing is the motors are still regarded as american cause they are assembled and put together here, the parts are made other places though, similar to your Dodge,Chevy, Ford truck, or Mercury Optimax or other outboard, or opposite of Toyota...
    Toyota assembles (and puts together ) hundreds of thousands of vehicles in the US every year, including that Toyota pickup truck you used to own...
    Markus' Performance Boating Links:
    www.toastedmarshmallow.com/performance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they sure to, using foriegn parts, the point was that some companies customers think if they buy something that is based out of the midwest that it is pure american, we knowledable people know differently,

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast