Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Odba Super Stock Class

I am only a spectator, but have an opinion on an issue I heard at the Lake Charles ODBA drag race.....Baxter racing is a very fast, quality team in Super Stock & have won two or three races in a row, but got beat at Lake Charles.
    The last two times they have been beat, they always look for reasons to have the winner disqualified, & neither time did the winner's do anything to even warrant a discussion of disqualification. This goes back to the oldest saying in racing, "everybody is a good winner". Your true colors come out when you loose & how you handle it. The actions of Baxter racing is making the talk of ODBA in some groups & it's negative talk. So just some advice to a team that always runs great & we enjoy watching, take the losses like a man, quit crying, nobody likes a cry baby & this team is quickly getting that reputation. I even heard an official talking about this issue on Sunday at the race. It's true I am only a spectator, but I've been around drag boat racing for better than ten years & without the fans there just might not be allot of races...I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes, but just actually saying out loud what allot of the fans / racer's are saying about this team behind their back.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What happened to your reply PapAllison? I was not trying to step on anyon'e toes at all & apologize if I did, but I do not apologize for stating the truth. I was only saying outloud what several folks said behind this teams back. I respect this team & all of the ODBA race teams, & I'm a fan of all boat racing, but just got tired of hearing folks asy what poor looser's this team is & wanted to let them hear what folks were saying, thats all I intended.
    #1 racefan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike, I had replied and then decided I shouldn't...see, this is actually Mrs. Papallison....and Mother Baxter Racing....I only wanted you to know there are 2 sides to every story...we've taken our beatings and learned from them...actually we were thrilled, I mean thrilled to be able to finish 2nd due to some motor problems....I don't know what the ODBA official said but yes, we had some concerns about an issue that came up in tech....but, that's racing...trust me, we have had umpteen issues raised about us, especially since we are literally a backyard operation. I know this because it's my backyard....as to you being a fan, we have the utmost respect for the fans, because without ya'll ODBA wouldn't exist. Plus, like you said, everyone has a right to their opinion....we have ours....you have yours and others have theirs...believe me, no hard feelings, in fact would love for you to come and introduce yourself at one of the races so you could get to know the real Baxter Racing Team....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rest of the ODBA race shedule is a long distance from me, I''m in the Houston area, & it's a long drive to Ala. to spectate, but I certainly appreciate the invite & will be at Lake Charles next year & maybe we'll travel to Jasper this year, I've been there twice before. Good luck to all ODBA racer's the rest of the year, this website stuff is new to me but felt obligated to let a quality team hear what has been said from some of the fans/ racer's, you know we all learn things as the world turns.
    #1 racefan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool go easy Shane....hehe...

Not real sure what ya read into that, but I think Mike, Mike Andreola was not callin' the Baxters cheaters. He did by the way, state his name too... it is his regular user name. It is real easy to see what he was talking about too. I haven't raced with ODBA yet, but have helped out T-Rex on several occasions. Also was at the rules meeting last year. Other obligations have kept me from attending any races this year. However, I feel as much a part of ODBA as any of the racers. ODBA is something I believe in, and once I believe in something, I'll defend it 'till the end. It does happen though, this talking around behind backs, from fans and racers alike. So big deal realy. Nothing to get bent out of shape about I don't think. It happens in everything anybody does, just a fact of life I guess. Just because someone doesn't hear it, doesn't mean it ain't happenin'... oh well, enough of that...

As far as what each racer puts into it... I'd have to say they put EVERYTHING into it. Ok, some have more money than others. Some raun Allisons, some run Triads, or STV's, or Mirages. They don't all cost the same, they don't all run the same. But, they everyone the same... they cost them EVERYTHING! Some can just get it done for less money. Some spend more than most make in a year... big deal, let each spend what he wants, and let's go racin'!

So, what am I tryin' to say here? Damned if I know...lol... only I guess, for everyone out there, somebody is talking about you. I welcome them to talk about me. It gives somebody else a rest! What we need to concentrate on, is HOW to get MORE FANS at the RACES! Definately NOT to piss off the few we already have! Now, everybody get out there, and bring somebody with them to the RACES!!! Wetumpka is just a few short weeks away! And I hope to be there!

Later,
    Buddy Camp
    (my name too...hehe)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Question kin I put in my nickelz worth??

The ODBA'z good/bad can be argued from now till the end, and every one iz rite in thier own mindz...I am friendz with everyone in the ODBA(or at least I thank I am)...I have no problem wit nobody(cept Sid, but i'm gittin ther!!)...Tha ODBA iz NASCAR to boat racing...NASCAR officialz are paid officialz, but not ODBA...Volenteerz have diffrent obligations than paid workers...First of all, there aren't enuff VOLENTEERZ to fill the duty roster...so sum have to be appointed, thus an "awe ****" attitude...will U do ya best wit that attitude??? Take the start barge, Everbody haz diffrent opinions about when to turn them loose...My bote leaves better @1000 rpm...I wuz pulled in at closer to 2000+...I didn't bitch, cuz My compititions boat may leave harder @ 2000 than 1000...so it wuz up to the starter to judge the entry of the 2 botes...each starter opperates diffrently...may make joe happy, and piss off Leroy...thats life...I put on a race in Pineville, Me and Marty spent the entire day on the start barge...not fun...the only way to get the start barge to be consistant, is to have an official starter, that iz not a racer, and goes by the book, and does nuthing else...If a racer or a spectator wants to find sumpthing to bitch about, it's alwayz out there...I meen hell, look at our past presidents, jus when U thought U couldn't git one any uglier, we find one...Jus kiddin David!!...I alwayz hear about tha "Click", and tha "home boyz", but I have failed to really see it in my dealingz wit ODBA...Jennifer iz the secatary, then Shane oughtta be winnin ever race...Sherry iz one of da crew, Galen oughta be first ever race...I'm tha bestlookin one in Pro 120, I should be #1...but it ain't happinin like dat...SS iz a class that boils down to setup and driver...tru, motors mean a lot, but in ss form, all the boats are jus so dam close, it gits down to prop selection, setup and driver...I have heard a lot of talk in the pits about the declining attendence at the races...yes, I think it is declining, and I hate to say it, but will decline even more...but, MONEY iz the culprit, not the ODBA...the economy haz went to **** in a handbag, and haz hurt a lot of die hard racers, and will hurt even more before it thru...Now that I am totally confused, and fergot wher I wuz going, I will say that everbody kan find a bitch about sumpthin, and sum bay be lajit...I know of sum past racers that all out CHEAT, but wit the rules and the tech we have now, I find it hard to cheat anymore...I think if a racer spends hiz time hunting HP instead of a way to cheat, he will alwayz cum out on top...I won't say "cheaterz never win", but they are not winners , and will never be...stick a fork in me, I'm dun...REX

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike shoot me an email if you would. I would like to talk to you about your post. looks like some of your information may be incorrect.

Thanks
    Darrin Baxter

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I wish I hadn't said a thing. I was NOT calling anyone cheaters..* Mr. Kim K., you are very fast also. You really should watch what you say, because I heard you were the one who would not get off your butt & line up.....sorry, once again just stating what I was told. So sounds like in this class, it doesn't matter who wins, the others will still call him a cheater. This is my first reply to anyone cheating if you will notice......Guys, I've watched Mike Watts race for over 10 years & have NEVER even heard a word about him cheating.....It use to be him & Stan, then Mike & Richard Wagner, & then the Jaco's from Tenn., now him & you guys.....I was at Mt. PLeasant & when Baxter won; I heard NO crying from anyone. My ONLY reason for getting on this darn thing was to inform Baxter racing what was being said....I had no idea folks would get on here & slam me, defend the Baxter's, write an article on starting line (Kim), so excuse me for ever saying a thing......OK, let's make all happy, forget about me & I'll never make this mistake again.....The only one who hasn't responded & defended himself is Mike, & knowing the kind of guy he is, he'll stay out of this & continue to be a class act as always, win or lose........I do not know Mike Watts personally either. I have just watched him race for years and years....so don't think I am trying to defend anyone. bye.
    #1 racefan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Mike, U dun Good!!!

Don't stop stating your opinion, no matter whoz toes U walk on...Thatz what seperates tha men from tha crybabiez!!! U said what U feel, that iz a plus in anybodyz book...If U don't like me, and U are up front and say it, then I respect that much more than beating around the bush and making chicken **** remarkz...U had an Opinion, U said it and didn't give a **** who heard it...My hatz off to ya!!! If everbody wuz like that, the world would be better off(probablly have more pissed off people, but if tha shoe fits, wear it!!!)...REX

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    T-Rex I agree with you. Everyone has an opinion and what everyone thinks about me is not important. I know who I am and what I do is right. I have been through a lot, as far as being accused of cheating. I do not need to cheat to compete. I have had everything checked, double checked and checked again. Mike and I are racing friends. We both have watched what is being put on this board and know what is actually going on. I am not going to try to disqualify someone and nor have I ever. That, in my opinion is up to the officials. I even got "teched" before I went in the water in LA. I was more concerned about that than any of the other stuff. I want people to understand I am a stand up guy. I enjoy my sport and my whole family puts their all into it. We even put on the race in Montgomery with no compensation. Matter of fact it cost us a lot this year. But we love it! Just wanted to put in my 2 cents. That is the last I will have to say about this. Look forward to seeing yall in Wetumpka.

Darrin Baxter

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Super Stock:Tech& rules

Why don't ya'll all come run unlimited. You don't have to worry about tearing your motors down. You just have to worry about tearing **** up. lol We could sure use more boats in the uboat class. Can't wait to see everyone in Wetumpka. Ya'll be safe. Vic
    No Friction Racing
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's something you need to get use to seeing!

This is it;
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jack and marty.jpg   jack and marty.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have only one more thing to say, I have read all post one more time to see where I went wrong & stirred up so much, but I do want to tell Shane Stovall that I did sign my name, & I can / do care less who you are, you were out of line with your comments, not one time did I mention anything about anyone cheating & you can bet the next race I am at, you & I will meet, I'm sorry that I got on your level (low) but I've taken all the abuse I'm taking from voices what I heard.....As for as knowing a bunch about the racing / racers, maybe if you'd step back, watch & listen & keep your mouth shut you'd learn a few things also, sorry I'm as you called me, just a fan, your correct I haven't spent the money you guys have to race, but I'm not a dumb-@@@ either........I can't wait to me meet you thats one thing for sure.
    #1 racefan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gentlemen...........the posts on this board have been brought to mine and Mike Watts attention......so let me add my two cents (I have too....Mike doesnt know how to turn on a computer!! ha,ha)

First..........I went and read all the posts.....including the first one by Mike Andreola.........and I cant see where accusing the Baxters of cheeting came in. So to Darrin.........hell.....feel privleged that your name has been added to a list of people who win by cheeting rather then hard work!!! ha, ha. Mike Watts, Stan Fitz, Walter Wolf........that list goes on.

Second......yep.......Mike did not have a spacer plate on his motor. We are on a shoe-string budget so he ordered a drag block......put his electronics and guts and assembled the new motor. The replacement blocks DO NOT come with a spacer plate.....if it would of....we would of ran with it. It also escaped Jay Smith and Key Puckett as well. However, if you read the rule book it DOES NOT address a replacement block (it should...and probably will now....but it didnt). It DID NOT say..."if you buy a replacement drag block you must buy the spacer kit as well".

Third.......we bought one.........tested it this weekend and the boat is faster thru the midrange and top end. We turn about 300 more rpms with it. So...........with that......we were actually hurting ourselves by not having it on.

Fourth...........to Mr. Stoval.......not sure why you got all twisted up with someone accusing the Baxters of cheeting.....the Andreola post stated about being poor losers. Now....that is neither my opinion nor Mikes nor is there any personal feelings against the Baxters from this side. But I am also not afraid to sign my name (Ryan Robertson) nor discuss any matters concerning this issue or any other racing issues in person.

Fifth...........You will not find a more "generous" racer (on the bank) as Mike Watts. (I accuse him of being too generous). He has loaned one of his biggest advasary props, gearcases etc (Stan Fittz) to help out. Not being one sided.......Stan has returned the favors. My God........Walter Wolf and Mike used to fight it out a couple of years ago in SS class and I gaurantee Walter would of helped Mike out if we needed it.....same the other way as well. Now in the water.......thats a different story. That is what racing should be about. Its about the Key Pucketts versus Dewitt and Mathew Caldwell.......those three would cut each others throat in the water......but on the bank be breaking their neck to help one another..........Galen Burden is another class act..........the list goes on.........

As far as Baxter cheating......Mike got outrun by Darrin at Tennessee......I guess he was cheating!! ha,ha. I can assure you Mr. Watts never accused him of it because I rode home with him for 10 hours knowing that the day had come when Darrin could outrun him and what the hell was he gonna do to get faster? ha, ha. (By the way Mrs. Baxter.............the answer you gave............another class act).

Yes there is always going to be controversies cause everyone cant win.............I dont think Ive ever heard of a winner protesting the third or second place boat!!! ha,ha. We are truely sorry if someone feels we broke a rule (after looking at the rule book....we dont think we did...but we were told to run a spacer plate by the tech official so thats what we will do).......However.....being accused of cheating doesnt upset us.....it only makes us think we are getting back on top! (smile).

See ya at the races!!!!

Ryan Robertson "rhino"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast