Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once you get on a turbo bike, you never want to get off it. They are soooooo much fun to ride. People say it's too much, or uncontrollable - they haven't been on one or not on a good one.

CP1, is your bike on the road now?
    Keith-

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LMV and STV-Keith

LMV-------
    Your friend is damn lucky to be alive today. The only thing that saved his ass was the gear and GOD. In Florida, there is a NO helmet law, and only IDIOTS don't wear helmets. I crashed in January cause some squid lost control in front of me and left me no where to go except down. Only $4,000 to the bike but I got broke up. Still recooperating. I went down at 40 mph and broke 1 ankle, 3 ribs, separated shoulder and bruised hip. I was in racing leather and ARAI race helmet. Once again, gear saved my ass bigtime. I would have no face today if not for the helmet. I need surgery to repair my shoulder which will be soon, so I can put my bike back together and get back to riding. God do I miss it!!!!!!!!

STV-Keith,
    Bike is still on stand, broke. And you know very well how much "FUN" this turbo bike is!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of ironic, because earlier that day he had stopped by my house while another buddy and I were sanding on my boat. He did a big stoppie in front of my house, before pulling up to the garage. When he left he did a big wheelie down the street. My buddy that was helping me sand asked me then, "When do you think we will be burying him?"

That night he had the get-off on the freeway.

He was beyond lucky. He used to never wear a helmet, but after three bikes and five or six get-offs, he finally wisened up!

I am trying to get him into boats.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Squids

Get-offs, fall offs, stoppies,wheelies are NOT in my vocabulary. At my age, the recooperation process is long and sometimes painful----no fun at all. I enjoy twisting the throttle too much. I have been off too long already, again----no fun.
    Like HONDA says "Stupid Hurts". How true.
    Those antics look cool, but not on the interstate highway, giving a bad name to the rest of us that ride crotch rockets!!!!!!!

Now in my case, 6" power wheelies under control is a gas.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in total agreement!!!!

I have much more respect for someone packing the front wheel 8 or 9 inches off the ground in a controlled manner at the dragstrip and knocking off a sub 10 second pass than some punk moron standing on the back pegs at 75 mph down the interstate. It TOTALLY tarnishes the image of all sportbike riders.

Our vocabulary and age may differ, but our opinions are the same!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

check some videos

was looking one day for the video of a supra outrunning a hayabusa when i happened across a site called www.bikemovies.com that has some killer video of different bike stunts. btw you are right on the hayabusa times. have a friend that weighs about 175 and is a very good rider that could get his bike that had a gear change and the back had been lowered a little to run 9.80's consistently at 142-144. i used to have a 900rr and i want a haybusa so bad i can taste it.
    Erik Kiser

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2