Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fire Water??? I need some fun!! :P

Hey! the Web sight is looking Great! And I'm liking this Message software! So whats up with Fire Water? I'm needing to do a little partying with some boating buddies!!
    Well the old Baja (Wet Spot) isn't doing so well these days! I hit a roller and landing flat, dead stop on a another last year. Stopped me dead in my bubbles and put 2- 4inch cracks on both sides of the motor. Looks like I'll be doing some transom work this year!

Shawn / Old Baja
    old boats neve die! They just keep looking for bigger motors!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

whassssup?

Is it really you??? Everyone on the board has been wondering where you have been! Welcome back!

Sad story. Hope the Wet Spot's feeling better soon.

-Chad, S&F pyro-maniac

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG!!!!!

Wow it's actually you!!!
    I have every post you ever wrote on your Baja re-build!
    Glad yer back! Sorry to hear Wet Spot needs some fixin!
    Keep us posted! Love them Old Baja's!
    Scott
    '77-16' Baja, '77 Johnson V4
    Winner: Rumble 2003
    By-U-Boyz Pikk Ov Tha Litter award
    Scottraby@charter.net

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Boat

That is one good looking boat, What will it run?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its good to hear from you.

I'm not sure about Firewater but the Balz To The Wall (Per Firewater) is a go. It was a blast last year.
    John Dorn
    97 Triad 225 ProMax.
    67 (Howard Pipkorn) Hustler Wildcat with a 67 Mec 1100ss
    www.pipkornhustler.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool SHAWN????? Is it really you? We was about ready to send out a search party fer ya....

Lots of folks just finding the posts and pics of your pad job, I didn't know there was a feature on it. Good ta see ya postin again, you have been missed.....
    Rickracer

Sunshine Syndicate Member

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

[img]http:/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool DAMN YOU OLE'CUSS

You still driving at night, with gps in one hand and a spotlight in the other??
    Balz to the walz is the event up north it looks like.
    Haven't heard a word about firewater.
    Another good event that is gonna be HUGE is the rumble on the river.
    By the way anytime ya just want ta come this way ta go to Blarneys let me know I will go with ya !!
    K.K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Welcome back!

Shawn, we missed you! How are ya?

WELCOME BACK BUDDY!

Greg

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops, I gave ya **** on the other thread you posted on.......

Good ta see ya back bud. Here is a link to the action this year. You can do a search for my name and find a bunch of posts about it too. i just did one the other day about the hotel room block info.

"Balz To The Wall"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to hear from you guys!!

Hey Greg, Kaptain, Balzy, Rick, john, Scott and 175 checkmate

I almost forgot how many great people are on the board!

Greg the web sight is looking great man! Greg we never did get to meet in person! We've need to drink some beer/jack some where on water! Where do you live again?

Kirk, I'm going to think about that really hard, going up to Blarney that is!!! miss ya man and what a ****ing nice boat I see you have! Can I borrow it? I won't take it over 9 grand I promise!

Balzy, how is the boat running? still looking good! I never did get to go up there and see you guys! I'll check your posts!

Rick, have you been taken it easy on those power heads? Wasn't that you that blew it up at firewater? You where probably trying to keep up with me? Ha ha I had to dream a little!

John how have you been? How’s that boat running? You got me last time; I still owe you a whipping!

Hey Scott, I don't think we've ever met! nice to meet you! I'm going to have to check out your boat some more. Send me or post some URLs for me to check them out on!

Hey 175checkmate! It bumps close to 90 but falls down and to the right, I need to sit in the middle and I've just thought of how to do it! My seats swivel and I could swivel them in towards each other and put a board across and maybe a plastic seat. Oh ya I've just moved my battery to the port side. So it will be interesting to see what it will do!

Anyone know of any good articles on Transoms? I've glassed a few times but I need to know what the standard is for plywood and layers in between and such!

Later guys!
    Shawn / Old Baja
    1977 16' Baja 2.4 merc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shawn

First, gotta' love that avatar of the "Flyin Baja" sure hope to get a shot of mine in similar air!
    You doing the transom work on the Baja?
    I followed West Systems book on transom replacement w/ wood. I could probably scan the pages if ya want? Looking back on the project I think I would do the pourable SeaCast and integrate gussets. H2ONut did a great lookin job on his Stream using that method. If ya would like the West Systems data let me know, I could have it tomorrow mornin.

I'll have some updated pics of the project Baja tomorrow AM.

Seems we got the same boat, have any idea what they called it?
    Scott
    Scottraby@charter.net

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

specs

I'm pretty sure i have the same boat as Old Baja and Scott (1986 sport 160) just a different year. Old Baja, just curious as to some the handling problems from all that horsepower. by the way how many horses does that have. also, can you tell me what you did to make the boat able to accept the 2.4 and some the specs on the little things you did like the fuel system. I'm thinkin bout doin some of the same things to mine once i get some $$.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scott, that would be great if you would scan some for me. As for that picture, it was when we where drag racing at FireWater in 2000. Great work on the Paint job its looking sweat! Hey just an FYI If you had the same windshield don't throw away the bottom track becouse plexi-glass will fit right down in it!

Hey WeirdKid, I'm not sure about how strong your transom is compared to mine (1977 16' baja) But I didn't do anything to the transom and look where I'm at now! I have 2-4 inch tears on each side! If I had to do it all over again I would suggest the following. Seperate the top and bottom half, and I would wrap the top of the transom with Kevlar 3 to 4 sheets and then I would install 2 gussets, one on each side of the gas tank! And you'll never go wrong.
    For my Fuel setup, I did the following. I purchased a fuel filter/water seperator and mounted it to the rear left corner of the boat, I run a Mallory Fuel pump with a pressure regulator. The Fuel filter, regulator and pump are on a removable peice of aluminum, only takes 2 bolts to remove. The gas tanks are as follows, the back one was originally 12 gallons and made of steal. I purchased an 18 gallon from a magazine, built a flat piece for it to sit in and use 1 strap to strap it in place. As for the front, I took down the small bulkhead and pulled out all the foam. (your configuratin is probably totally different) And installed a 12 gallon strapped in with two straps. Why I have so much gas is becouse the 2.4 loves gas and with 30 gallons I could run all day with no stops on the river for that expensive ****! Here is the weird part, I couldn't force my self into cutting a hole in the middle of the bow to install a gas entrance for the front tank. So I rigged up an elaberate switch over to tranfer fuel from the back to the front or front to back using the same fuel pump. Its quite the wiring/fuel line sight to see.
    Let me know if I could be of any more help!!! And for mounting ideas for the fuel filter/pump I used a great Idea that allows you to beable to remove it anytime!! But it takes a little explaining. You can find it in my write up on the featured boat area under 1977 baja.

Shawn / Old Baja

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Shawn

will get transom data on here ASAP. I did keep the orig. windshield frame 100%. I did however go to black .236 plexi. I cut it down about 4" and changed the ang. to shorten the "struts" that ran down to the sides. Also had a small plate mig'ed to the end of the struts to avoid the "wood screws" to the sides! I also added gussets from the transom to the floor (either side of the tank) and out to the sides. Added a flat piece to sit the 18 gal. PTE tank on. We installed a T-6061 transom plate w/ T-H Marine manual jack plate. I did'nt remove the bulkhead and the foam, although it's a retro I could do later if fuel becomes an issue. Anyway pics comming soon along w/ the West Systems transom info for ya.

Wierdkid...Got pics?
    Last edited by Scott; 06-27-2002 at 08:33 AM.
    Scott
    Scottraby@charter.net

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey scott

Thanks Scott! You know the only problem I see is the tear factor of a large motor on the top part of the transom. The tear factor would come into effect when you hit those big waves and the weight would pull down on the transom. But as for pushing I don't think any of us with the older baja's would have any problem! I wonder if a persom could put somekind of cap on top of the Transom to stop the tear factor? (like aluminum t-6 channel?) hmmmmm

As for your windshield, I should measure mine because the wind hits me right about mid face! And if you could move it to your hair line would be perfect! I didn't use the top portion, but I kept the old window and used a heat gun to heat up the plexi and formed it around the original!

Shawn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast