Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    our speed limits are 100 km/h, I drive 120-130.... at 150 they confiscate your car and fine you $10 000.00 Mileage is now 8.9 per 100km/h.... and I am sure that A6 could not tow 7200 lbs, and drive through snowbanks!.
    For an SUV I highly doubt any come even close to it in mileage. I am really beginning to love it. ... still wish it had a 7th gear.
    2023 TUFF 25

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RBT View Post
    our speed limits are 100 km/h, I drive 120-130.... at 150 they confiscate your car and fine you $10 000.00 Mileage is now 8.9 per 100km/h.... and I am sure that A6 could not tow 7200 lbs, and drive through snowbanks!.
    For an SUV I highly doubt any come even close to it in mileage. I am really beginning to love it. ... still wish it had a 7th gear.
    Yeah, I guess the Cherokee has its place and the A6 its place...
    Markus' Performance Boating Links:
    www.toastedmarshmallow.com/performance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read when it came out it was an older diesel from Spain or someplace, and not as advanced as others. That was when new in the Liberty.
    "As government expands, liberty contracts." -Ronald Reagan
    Liberty = boating

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Rob, lift it and put some 33" tires on it. That will bring the revs down! lol
    Anyone know if there gonna stick that motor in a Dakota?
    Allison XB02, 22ft Tritoon 225 4 stroke, two seadoo sparks

Past rides 2001 STV EURO, Allison Grandsport, STV RiverRocket, STV Euro, STV ProComp, Hydrostream V-King
    RIP RPM RACING
    RIP GTS1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    the dakotas need this new v6 cummins!!! 270hp stock 420lbs stock imagine what a chip, turbo and exhaust could do http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/d...rformance.html
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
    I read when it came out it was an older diesel from Spain or someplace, and not as advanced as others. That was when new in the Liberty.
    I think it is built by Daimler in Germany. Whether it is as advanced or not as what currently goes into Mercedes cars, I don't know.
    Markus' Performance Boating Links:
    www.toastedmarshmallow.com/performance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember reading something not as refined, back then, as other diesels but who knows. Maybe it was the noise? I found this:

"For now, the Jeep Liberty CRD is the first mid-size SUV to offer diesel power in the U.S. Its 2.8-liter, 4-cylinder Common Rail Diesel (CRD) is the same unit that powers about 70 percent of Jeep Liberty models in Europe. Sourced from VM Motori, an Italian company partially owned by DaimlerChrysler’s Detroit Diesel, this engine features an efficient direct injection system that supplies fuel at pressures up to 24,000 psi. Such high pressure produces finer atomization, leaner combustion, and higher power...key to a more modern diesel engine. An electronically controlled, variable geometry turbocharger also features moveable turbine vanes, acting like a small turbo at launch and a large turbo at higher speeds. During testing, this sophisticated system worked seamlessly while driving the hills above Santa Barbara, California, achieving its aim of delivering responsive low- and high-end torque.

At start-up, there’s no mistaking this Liberty’s powerplant for anything but a diesel. The distinctive engine clatter is present while idling around town, but at highway speeds – which are achieved with remarkable ease – engine noise is all but indiscernible. Other common diesel quirks of the past, such as smoke and odor, are completely absent. Glow-plug warm-up time is down to less than two seconds on a cold start. "

http://www.greencar.com/features/features34/

Also: "The Liberty CRD is equipped with a five-speed automatic transmission and 4WD, a package that allows an estimated city/highway fuel economy rating of 22/27 mpg and a driving range approaching 500 miles. This is quite impressive for a 4,306 pound SUV, especially when contrasted with the 17/22 mpg fuel economy rating of the gasoline V-6 automatic Liberty variant."
    Liberty = boating

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here it is, the new one is different in the Grand Cherokee:
    (road test)
    "Date: July 2006

Miles: 18,000

Sales of the Jeep Liberty CRD turbo-diesel have exceeded expectations and that's great news. It's about time Americans got more familiar with the efficient diesel engines that are common in sport-utility vehicles sold in Europe.

The bad news is that production for the Jeep Liberty diesel has stopped. The current 2.8-liter doesn't meet new emission rules. So, you either have to settle for one on a dealer's lot, or wait for a diesel Jeep Grand Cherokee due next year.

The Liberty was a test of the acceptance of diesel SUVs in America. We certainly accepted our 2005 Liberty which has been fault free a full year and 18,000 miles. Our overall test results of 21.9 miles per gallon may be only 10% better than a V6 gas Liberty, but it exceeded 28 miles per gallon on the highway."

"What didn't meet our expectations, unfortunately, was actual miles per gallon. After 14 months, and over 20,000 miles, our total test mileage settled at 21.7. That's at the bottom of its 21 City/27 Highway government fuel economy ratings. Still, the last V6 Liberty we tested only managed in the high teens... ...it gave Jeep planners confidence enough to introduce a Grand Cherokee with an ultra-clean Mercedes V6 turbo diesel next year."

http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/longterm/jeepcrd05.shtml

Grand Cherokee 2008--

"The 3.0 liter Mercedes-Benz common rail diesel (CRD) is well-suited to the Grand Cherokee, producing 215 horsepower and a very healthy 376 foot pounds of torque. The torque figures put the diesel on a par with the 4.7 liter V-8 (305 HP and 334 foot pounds of torque) and 5.7 liter HEMI V-8 (330 HP and 375 foot pounds of torque). It’s an even match up when it come to grunt, but when it comes to fuel efficiency, the 3.0 liter CRD shines.

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD EPA Mileage Estimates:
    Engine City Hwy
    4.7 liter V8 14 19
    5.7 liter V8 HEMI 13 18
    3.7 liter V6 15 19
    3.0 liter V6 CRD 17 22

Over the test period, our Grand Cherokee’s turbo-diesel delivered endless torque as it turned in a very respectable 21.6 miles per gallon (MPG) combined, with 24.3 MPG on the highway. Those are excellent numbers for a 5000 pound Trail-Rated SUV with full-time four-wheel drive. When it comes to 4WD capabilities, this isn’t a poseur … it’s the real thing."

http://www.mpgomatic.com/2008/03/14/...diesel-review/
    Liberty = boating

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is about what I get for mileage, my 2006 witht the 4.7 got 16-7 mpg.

This is a lot quieter, and has a lot more power.
    2023 TUFF 25

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loads of torque, I read when they introduced the Liberty it had enough motor to tow more than they felt the vehicle could handle. I wish I had a smaller turbo diesel vehicle, some day. I fail to understand what they are doing with the price of diesel though, it was 4.26 here yesterday at one place. No excuse for that.
    Liberty = boating

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.spdiesel.com/

Click on the top tab on the left hand menu....there's not much out there yet for those. We did an Edge controller on my brother's Dmax and it's a night and day difference...
    '08 SRV
    Yamaha 3.1 Phase III

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to www.turbodieselregister.com they will have all the info on moding any diesel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2