Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi has anyone tried the 2.5xs ecu on a 175xspro,just wanting to know as i have a 175xspro looking for more horses with a better rev limit cheers leon

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may have a cost reason to get the old man to finally upgrade the ol carb smoker 150 to either this or the 225 ProXS but If I could get a 2.5XS ECU PN i'd be willing to swap the ECM's and give it a shot if we do end up doing a repower.

4-16-2014. 25 years old today... the fishin boat doesnt look to bad for a classic does she

things that were are no longer as they are today...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2.5XS Ecu -88555759T

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SWEET!!! Ill know more on the repower front hopefully today...

4-16-2014. 25 years old today... the fishin boat doesnt look to bad for a classic does she

things that were are no longer as they are today...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    got an update from the customer who bought this 175 pro xs, he was very impressed and how fuel efficiante and quiet this motor is.. say's compared to his old 175 carb 2.4, he now wastes about 1/3 of what he use to burn and couldn't be happier with his purchase....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to get one for my 18.5/19.5ft flats flyer/bass boat conversion project..how much are they MSRP?
    FrankenMerc - CF Reeds,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down 175 xs pro

hi i sold my 175 xs pro totally not enough power no upgrades avalible at this stage waste of money my thoughts i had merc fit the sportsmaster leg as well, buy a 200 opti heaps more power ,i am fitting a 300xs on the boat next week,look at prices thought why not go all the way,the 175xs pro nice motor but no power just a bunch of stickers and small power gain to the standed opti 175,got told a the storys that these motor have good grunt for a 175 and that they have xs 200 parts not true,they are standed just fancy stickers ,carbon reeds,extra compresser psi.
    cheers leon

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you get Merc to put the sporty on?

I'd like a 175XS with a sporty. It would have more power and torque than my 150XR4, so it would be enough.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile 175 xs pro

hi ordered the engine through a mate performance merc dealer here in oz with the 2.5 sportmaster gearbox that engine was the only 175xs pro in australia december last year i asked for the choice of gearbox,great gear box for the engine ran a 25 tempest on a 800kg 19foot bowrider skiboat best speed was 70.2mph gps 6175rpm so pretty dame good for a 175 with the weight,but for the boat she needs the big horse power to get her going 3 people in the boat the speed goes down to 62mph,tried six different props from merc the boat was set up with 8 inch detwiler hydraulic jackplate fully jacked also the boat is used as a pace boat for the speed boat club over here,please dont get me wrong the motors are good but for a light weight bass you should see 75mph,the rev limit could be more, i liked the motor for its lightness and economy but for me i thought this engine was close to the 2.5 xs 200 like a few that have commented she is only a standed engine really,but if you buy one get merc to fit the sportmaster gearbox totally worth it for me that was the best part of the engine.my thoughts only not to upset any merc 175xs pro fans

leon Torquespeed racing western australia

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My XR4 won't turn much past 6000 with any prop, so a 1.75 or 1.64 Sporty 175XS would be fine.

Except that they won't sell them with a sporty here.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile xs pro175

hi dave watersportsmarine in sydney australia has my merc 175xs pro with the sportmaster not sure if its sold yet,have you tried some performance dealers in another area see if they would set you up with a sporty on the engine i paid $800 aussie extra to get that gearbox added to the engine the torquemaster went back to merc.some say over here the torquemaster is better they seem to get more speed from it. not from my
    trials the sporty goes better you can really flight a engine with a sportmaster,they are a bigger box some say more drag but you can use them higher and run the larger props with ease.

cheers leon torquespeed racing western australia

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $800 OZ = $782 Canuck

My problem starts with the 175XS being $4000 cheaper on the US side of the border, and continues with the car I just bought my wife, leading me to decide "not this year"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by torquespeed View Post
    hi ordered the engine through a mate performance merc dealer here in oz with the 2.5 sportmaster gearbox that engine was the only 175xs pro in australia december last year i asked for the choice of gearbox,great gear box for the engine ran a 25 tempest on a 800kg 19foot bowrider skiboat best speed was 70.2mph gps 6175rpm so pretty dame good for a 175 with the weight,but for the boat she needs the big horse power to get her going 3 people in the boat the speed goes down to 62mph,tried six different props from merc the boat was set up with 8 inch detwiler hydraulic jackplate fully jacked also the boat is used as a pace boat for the speed boat club over here,please dont get me wrong the motors are good but for a light weight bass you should see 75mph,the rev limit could be more, i liked the motor for its lightness and economy but for me i thought this engine was close to the 2.5 xs 200 like a few that have commented she is only a standed engine really,but if you buy one get merc to fit the sportmaster gearbox totally worth it for me that was the best part of the engine.my thoughts only not to upset any merc 175xs pro fans

leon Torquespeed racing western australia
    On a 800kg boat running below 80mph you probably lost top end speed with the sporty lower unit.
    ~Outboard Maniac~

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile 175xs pro

yes i would agree with that,i thought the engine would go harder than i thought the sporty on a 175 is a over kill more suited to the 225xs 250 300xs but i should have gone for the 3litre xs to start with for the boat
    but got talk out of it mostly about the weight of the 3litres but the boat
    handles the 175 with ease,too much of a ask for the 175 to push a 800kg bowrider ski boat with 3 guys,but the 175 is sold the 300xs is here so happy again. should have gone with what i thought would work to start with on the boat and that was a 250 to 300xs.
    cheers leon torquespeed racing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3